FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GenieGo RootChecker Removed

2,968 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,608
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Today we finally see the release of DirecTV's free GenieGo app. hurray...

But wait... i cant use it on rooted devices??? Come on man...

I LOL at you for at least trying and gave me something to do for a few minutes.

if you already installed if from the Markert be sure to uninstall that one first other wise you will get a signature error

i was cleaning up some code and noticed that they also are checking more that just for su..
so that said, if your trying to install on CM or just want to remove that "device is rooted/ operation not avaible in releasebuild" or what ever that said toast on boot and a few other places here is an update. its better coding... (on my part)
geniego_2.apk - 9.30 MB
Host is having issues. Please try link above if it does not work here is mirror
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift runandhide05 Ad-Free
 
 
1st June 2013, 09:46 PM |#2  
chrisjz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Japan
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
Nice one!
1st June 2013, 11:03 PM |#3  
Smokeaire's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
So am I.
2nd June 2013, 01:25 AM |#4  
runandhide05's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,608
 
Donate to Me
More
Edited ........
2nd June 2013, 05:13 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
The link is broken, is there somewhere else I can download this from.
Thanks
2nd June 2013, 05:25 PM |#6  
runandhide05's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,608
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diljosh

The link is broken, is there somewhere else I can download this from.
Thanks

Its not broke. Dev-host is just running slow today.
The Following User Says Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift runandhide05 Ad-Free
2nd June 2013, 05:48 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05

Its not broke. Dev-host is just running slow today.

It worked, good job on the App
2nd June 2013, 07:33 PM |#8  
runandhide05's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,608
 
Donate to Me
More
Thank you @thehobster
5th June 2013, 12:53 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thank you
1st July 2013, 09:36 AM |#10  
lovem's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Nice Awesome & Fantastic Work! Much Thanks!
Just transfered the file from computer to phone and clicked on it to get prompt from the native android installer to complete the installation.
Thank You!

Sent from my SU SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
8th July 2013, 09:04 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05

Today we finally see the release of DirecTV's free GenieGo app. hurray...

But wait... i cant use it on rooted devices??? Come on man...

I LOL at you for at least trying and gave me something to do for a few minutes.

if you already installed if from the Markert be sure to uninstall that one first other wise you will get a signature error

i was cleaning up some code and noticed that they also are checking more that just for su..
so that said, if your trying to install on CM or just want to remove that "device is rooted/ operation not avaible in releasebuild" or what ever that said toast on boot and a few other places here is an update. its better coding... (on my part)
geniego_2.apk - 9.30 MB
Host is having issues. Please try link above if it does not work here is a mirror.
Host is back up. Im keep an eye out and post a mirror if it happens again

Apparently there is an update to Geniego that allows devices to download content off-site. Has the Android app been changed? If so, will you be able to update your modification?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes