GenieGo RootChecker Removed

Search This thread

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
You are correct, however, it only allows me to view it on the tv, nit my tablet. Sorry if I'm confused, the genie go app allowed viewing out of the house...I'll look around in settings to see if I can find anything..
Edit: I was using the app for my tablet and it didn't have anything. I downloaded the other one and that had it, but nit available on my device.. so I either unfit it and use genie go, or just say "screw it" cause now that I'm rooted I'm no longer lashing (froze some bloat ware)

Looks like only the tablet app works with the genie go.

Let me hook up my genie go and dig into it.
And just an fyi the version of the app in the OP does not include out of home streaming anyways so as suggested already in this thread your best bet is to use an app or xposed with the hide root module to hide. root to specific apps.

sent from:)::§:::)

Homeuser66

Sep 23, 2011
Connceticut
Looks like only the tablet app works with the genie go.

Let me hook up my genie go and dig into it.
And just an fyi the version of the app in the OP does not include out of home streaming anyways so as suggested already in this thread your best bet is to use an app or xposed with the hide root module to hide. root to specific apps.

Thanks, I'm using an SGH-I497 (AT&T Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1) I'm not sure if I'm using the original app from this link or another fixed one from a link in this forum..I've tried so many different times, I kinda forgot now...lol

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Well found a few issue. The geneigo app does not work on 4.3 and above. So there's that issue...
Now the official genie go app works WITH root cloak so just use that for your needs

Last edited:

ckeathley

Jul 27, 2010
Coweta
Well found a few issue. The geneigo app does not work on 4.3 and above. So there's that issue...
Now the official genie go app works WITH root cloak so just use that for your needs

I have installed exposed and then the rootcloak and have put the genie go app in the add list. I go to run and it still shows that I am rooted. What am I doing wrong?

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
I have installed exposed and then the rootcloak and have put the genie go app in the add list. I go to run and it still shows that I am rooted. What am I doing wrong?

Ok you have to look at it like I stated a while back, or possibly in the OP.
First is does not say your rooted it says security tampered devices. Why does it say that? Because it does not only check for the su binary, super user apk, certain exploit root one click apps but also for custom roms such as CM. So in short cloak only hides root related files. So if your running a custom Rom odd are it still won't work. Keep in mind that's this info is from a apk that's been updated several time since I've last looked at it so there is a possibility that more has been added to it

sent from space

Reactions: ckeathley

ckeathley

Jul 27, 2010
Coweta
I must have totally missed that. I was basing it off of being rooted. Thanks for the clarification. My bad. :thumbup:

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

maxum3300

Dec 26, 2013
Geniego was working perfectly on my rooted Galaxy S3 using root cloak plus. I just got a Galaxy S4 and tried the same set up but root cloak plus does something to my camera app that when I switch to video it crashes the phone and it cycles off and back on. Weird, don't know what's going on. I did try turning root off in Super SU and my camera app as well as the geniego app work perfectly. Here's the dilemma. The only reason I rooted my phone in the first place was so I could use the arunchained app by another developer on this site, with my pioneer appradio in my truck. It requires root access for the app to work properly. This allows me to display my phone on the screen of the appradio and control it fully with the radio touchscreen. My main use for it is to play programming from my dvr in my truck via the geniego app. I cant use rootcloak plus anymore because on the galaxy S4 it breaks my camera app. I have to have root access in order for the arunchained app to work but then my geniego app wont work due to the root. Do I have anymore other options or am I just out of luck. I dont know why the root cloak app breaks the camera app but it does. There is another thread on here about that but unfortunately there I'd no resolution as of yet. Also when I tried to download the original geniego app in this thread that is supposed to have root check removed it takes me to mobigenie. I downloaded that and then searched for geniego and installed it I got the error this app is not supported on rooted devices. I guess I could do without the out of home option but unfortunately I can't get that app to work either. Any ideas?

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Geniego was working perfectly on my rooted Galaxy S3 using root cloak plus. I just got a Galaxy S4 and tried the same set up but root cloak plus does something to my camera app that when I switch to video it crashes the phone and it cycles off and back on. Weird, don't know what's going on. I did try turning root off in Super SU and my camera app as well as the geniego app work perfectly. Here's the dilemma. The only reason I rooted my phone in the first place was so I could use the arunchained app by another developer on this site, with my pioneer appradio in my truck. It requires root access for the app to work properly. This allows me to display my phone on the screen of the appradio and control it fully with the radio touchscreen. My main use for it is to play programming from my dvr in my truck via the geniego app. I cant use rootcloak plus anymore because on the galaxy S4 it breaks my camera app. I have to have root access in order for the arunchained app to work but then my geniego app wont work due to the root. Do I have anymore other options or am I just out of luck. I dont know why the root cloak app breaks the camera app but it does. There is another thread on here about that but unfortunately there I'd no resolution as of yet. Also when I tried to download the original geniego app in this thread that is supposed to have root check removed it takes me to mobigenie. I downloaded that and then searched for geniego and installed it I got the error this app is not supported on rooted devices. I guess I could do without the out of home option but unfortunately I can't get that app to work either. Any ideas?

Well I have a few questions.
First are you running stock OS or a custom Rom?
2nd grab a logcat of the error when you have the cloak app running and open the video cam, then send that to the dev of the root cloak app and I know he should help debug it.
Third here is a direct link to the geniego with root checker disabled
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pvoff7dt3ghp7o/geniego_2.apk?dl=0

sent from space

maxum3300

Dec 26, 2013
After further troubleshooting this I found that is may not be root cloak causing the problem. If I go into Cydia substrate and unlink all substrate files the video camera works fine, however now the geniego app sees root again and won't work. I have no idea what the substrate files are and if they need to be linked or not. I am running stock rooted 4.3. I don't know what a log cat is. I tried the link to the geniego app you provided but it looks like that is an older version of the app because it doesn't have the out of home streaming option. I'm going to try unlinking the substrate files in Cydia and make sure the video camera works. If so then I will run root checker to see if root is still there then try the ARE app in the truck to me sure the works. If so then maybe I can download geniego and use root cloak to hide the root. Not sure if all this will work with substrate files unlinked or not but worth a shot..

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Thought I was on to something. I unlinked substrate files in cydia and verified root was still there. Went out to the truck and connected the phone to the radio and the ARU app works fine. Downloaded the genie go app and blocked it using root cloak plus but genie go app still sees root with substrate files unlinked. Man this is aggravating. I don't see what the difference is between the S3 and the S4. Both are stock rooted 4.3. I can get the genie go app working in the truck with the ARU app as long as I leave the substrate files linked but this breaks the video camera app.

KHuling

Oct 3, 2014
Cannot Play Video

Today we finally see the release of DirecTV's free GenieGo app. hurray...

But wait... i cant use it on rooted devices??? Come on man...

I LOL at you for at least trying and gave me something to do for a few minutes.

if you already installed if from the Markert be sure to uninstall that one first other wise you will get a signature error

i was cleaning up some code and noticed that they also are checking more that just for su..
so that said, if your trying to install on CM or just want to remove that "device is rooted/ operation not avaible in releasebuild" or what ever that said toast on boot and a few other places here is an update. its better coding... (on my part)

Host is having issues. Please try link above if it does not work here is mirror

Good evening. This is my first time on one of these sites but I'm having an issue with my Galaxy Note II using the geniego app that I downloaded from this site. What happens is that when I download a show to my device (first it prepares and then downloads the program). When I go to play the show I just get a black screen and the message "CANNOT PLAY VIDEO". I thought it may be something to do with the video player on my phone, but it seems to only affect the shows I've downloaded with the app. I'd prefer to not unroot my phone, but I'm not sure what to try from here.

Thanks for any help and assistance!

Kyle

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Good evening. This is my first time on one of these sites but I'm having an issue with my Galaxy Note II using the geniego app that I downloaded from this site. What happens is that when I download a show to my device (first it prepares and then downloads the program). When I go to play the show I just get a black screen and the message "CANNOT PLAY VIDEO". I thought it may be something to do with the video player on my phone, but it seems to only affect the shows I've downloaded with the app. I'd prefer to not unroot my phone, but I'm not sure what to try from here.

Thanks for any help and assistance!

Kyle

Silly question but you are using the geneiapp to play the video right? Not the video player app on the phone

sent from space

KHuling

Oct 3, 2014
Correct, I am trying to play videos using the Geniego app. Since it seemed like an odd "error" though I figured I should rule out an ossue with the phones video player so I just tried using YouTube and playing a video using the video player as well. Both worked fine, only the Geniego app isn't playing videos.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Correct, I am trying to play videos using the Geniego app. Since it seemed like an odd "error" though I figured I should rule out an ossue with the phones video player so I just tried using YouTube and playing a video using the video player as well. Both worked fine, only the Geniego app isn't playing videos.

Ok well as I've said several times now, better off updating to the latest genie go app and using something to hide root from it because there has been plently of updates since the apk in the OP.

sent from space

if you already installed if from the Markert be sure to uninstall that one first other wise you will get a signature error

i was cleaning up some code and noticed that they also are checking more that just for su..
so that said, if your trying to install on CM or just want to remove that "device is rooted/ operation not avaible in releasebuild" or what ever that said toast on boot and a few other places here is an update. its better coding... (on my part)
geniego_2.apk - 9.30 MB
Tried the link, my webroot security blocks the web site as infected.. true or false positive?

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Tried the link, my webroot security blocks the web site as infected.. true or false positive?
False. However dev-host has started to become not my favorite site to host but it's still free... The issue I have with them is that on mobile when you click the download link the file you want downloads but so does some other .apk called mobie or something like that...
And they have updated their site... Be sure to click the download now link...the download link takes you to some spam site... Sorry

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Posix/51 Error?

geniego_2.apk - 9.30 MB

Removed the one from the google store, finally got an .apk with no .exe on the end of it..
Install seemed ok until I tried the logon and then get a You are not connected (POSIX/51) this is on a OnePlus One.. perhaps this phone still has something so different than others you think? But thanks for the .apk work.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Removed the one from the google store, finally got an .apk with no .exe on the end of it..
Install seemed ok until I tried the logon and then get a You are not connected (POSIX/51) this is on a OnePlus One.. perhaps this phone still has something so different than others you think? But thanks for the .apk work.

Well. A few things.
First I rarely use the geniego any more...
Second I haven't even installed this or the official one on my m8 (HTC one) so I installed it, (this on in OP) and tried it. To see if it would even work on lollipop. I get to the point of watching a video and it just force closes.
The error you mentioned I did not encounter.
That said. The new official one not only checks root access but also for cyanogen. So not really sure how to help. You "could" try to disable root. And see if the official app works. If not, not sure where to point you from there

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

kizersosay28

Jul 7, 2013
I have updated my replacement nexus6 with root stock 5.1.1 and genie go works fine. Have not I stalled a root checker app, as I did before. It works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

geniego_2.apk - 9.30 MB
    Apparently there is an update to Geniego that allows devices to
    download its off site streaming not downloading
    content off-site. Has the Android app been changed? If so, will you be able to update your modification?

OOH(out of home) streaming currently is only on pc and iphone, once the android app has been updated you bet il "fix" it also.
    I requested a mod to be added to the modaco toolkit with the xposed framework

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361634-...r-xposed-framework/page__st__280#entry2144113

If Paul can add this to the toolkit, there is no need to modify the APK and we can keep the play store version installed.

It takes me two minutes to remove the root and custom rom check (as well as the other things that they check before allowing end user to use the app)
    Sure he could do that, but he would have to update his code everytime the app is updated as well. (Package names change, app dev "attempting" to preform checks other ways therefore changing the code and so forth are many reasons I wouldnt think he would bother)
    If you have a precaution about running an app that someone (in this case me) has modified (for any reason ) and you want to use the original application you know u can "hide root" with many third party apps, and its even possible with supersu. This way would allow you to use un altered app.

To recap, I have no problem with any additional solutions to reach the same end result. There are many ways to get the same result.
    Cheers
    In the setting for superSU there is an option to disable root. Simple check the box to disable root and run the geneigo app. Thats it man.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

What exactly does checking/unchecking this do to the rest of the phone? I unchecked it, and Genie go worked, and so did Titanium Backup. Didn't check my other root apps, but since Titanium worked, I figured the others would as well. So can I just leave it unchecked or what?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I must have totally missed that. I was basing it off of being rooted. Thanks for the clarification. My bad. :thumbup:

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

No problem.

sent from space