- Based on Cyanogen FXP234 for Xperia S & MIUI v5 for Google Nexus.
- Includes Kernel 3.4 as the Default Kernel.
- Patchrom Adaptation and OTA Updates are Now Enabled.
- This is The Best and The Most Stable Release Until Now.
- Several Addons and Applications Included.
- Aroma Based Installer
- Includes Multiple Kernels to Choose From.
- Several Addons and Applications Included.
- Undervolting Options Added (Refer to Notes)
- Bloatware Removal Options Added (Refer to Notes)
- Google Glass Apps (Transparent) Included and All Updated To Latest Versions.
- Several CPU Control Apps Added as Options in Aroma Installer, CPU Control FCs Resolved too.
- More Apps Added Which are Optional To Install in Aroma Version. All of them are updated to the Latest Versions.
- Per App Details (What the App Does, Should It be removed, Will removal of the App be helpful or problematic) Added in Bloatware Removal Script.
- Wheather Issues are sloved and Stock chinese Weather App replaced with WeathreBZ.
- Some More File Managers Added as options in Aroma Installer, All of them have been updated to the latest versions with respective patches and addons.
- A Few More Camera Apps Added, All the Camera Apps are optimized to work on MIUI v5. You will notice better quality and smoother experience while using the included camera apps.
- A few Music Players added as options in Aroma Installer for being used with ACID, Viper4Android, Dolby or S-Force Sound Mods. All of them have been optimized for use on MIUI v5.
- Sevral Launchers added and Optimized for Use on MIUI v5. Iconset and Themes for alternate Launchers have been added too. All the included Launchers are Fast, Stable, Lagfree, Super Smooth and Full of Features.
- Iconset have been replaced with a beautiful collection of 3500+ Icons, That means you will now have MIUI Style Icons for almost all the apps you install, If you feel that there are still some apps left out whose icons are not included let me know I will include them in the next release.
- Wallpaperset for both Lockscreen and Desktop replaced with an amazing Collection of 100+ Wallpapers. If you guys have some other wallpapers which you think should be included in the ROM, give them to me and I will include them in the next Release.
- Several other UI Improvements, which you will know once you use the ROM, Also The Default Wallpaper for both Desktop and Lockscreen have been changed.
- All Lag Almost Totally Gone. Smoothness, Stability, I/O, Fluidity, Responsiveness have increased all together to a considerable extent.
- Finally 1080p Video Works Perfectly and Without Any Lag Whatsoever.
- FXP FM Radio has been already Included and Works Perfectly Fine.
- Brightness Problem Fixed. If you still face a Problems Refer to Notes.
- CPU Overclocking More stable and Less Battery Draining Now, Refer to Notes for More Details.
- Optimized the ROM for better support, Faster and Smoother Interface and Lesser Incompatibility Issues.
- Fixed the Issue of Small Contact Picture display during calling even if a HighRes Picture is attached to the Contact.
- Mysterious Contact and Phone FCs Completely Resolved, Contact and Call Log Scrolling Completely Lagfree and Super Smooth too.
- Proximity Sensor Delay and Several Other Bugs Related to Proximity Sensor Almost Completely Gone If you still face problems refer to notes.
- Camera Now Supports Reading QR Codes and White Balance, Blue Tint and ISO Issues Completely Resolved too.
- Video Recording more stable, Smoother and With Higher FPS. Audio Recording More Cleaner and NoiseFree. Auto-Focus Issues during Video Recording Resolved too.
- Speaker Volume Issues Solved, You Should Use the Sound Mods to adjust it better, ACID and ViPER4Android are Included in the ROM, its your preference if you want to install one or both, they can both work good together too, Let me know if you aren't able to configure them properly.
- Elasticity and Transitions on Launcher are Smoother and Better Now.
- In Call Volume Issue Solved.
- Glitching, Itching and Flickering Issues Resolved.
- Removed Almost All Bloatware.
- Streamlined Redundant Components.
- Optimized WiFi Speed and GPS Positioning.
- UI and Refresh Rate Improvements.
- Fixed Song Play Failure When Screen is Off.
- Optimized Memory Usage and Memory Management.
- Fixed FCs Issues on Several Apps.
- Improved Browser Responsiveness and FC Issues.
- Increased 3G and 2G Speed.
- Fixed Network Unavailability Problem.
- All Third Party Apps Removed for Minimal Version
- All Bloatware Removed for Both Stripped and Minimal Version
- Fixed Zero Brightness Problem Completely
- Battery Consumption and Heating Problems Solved
- Lockscreen UI, Wallpaper and Theme Changed
- Night Blindness Issues Solved
- All Apps Updated to Latest Versions.
- Added Pure™Graphics HD + Rendering Version (Credits to Jeeko).
- Enabled GPU Rendernig.
- Enable Dithering but did not Affect Consumption.
- Enabled Use of the GPU for the Touch Capacitation and Management.
- Improved Video HW Rendering.
- Increased Benchmarking Scores on the AnTuTu Graphic Rankings.
- Improved Pixel Density, DPI and Brightness.
- Eliminated Lag System with the Video Entropy Generator.
- Liquified the UI.
- Added PureAudio™ Engine v1.0 (Credits to Jeeko).
- Clearer Sound.
- No More Track Noises.
- Beats™ Audio by Dr.Dre Now Included by Default.
- Now, The ROM is also compatible with the Headphones that don't support Audio Render at 60KHz.
- Wherever possible, arranged for the Conversion of the Songs (in background) below 256 kbps to 320kbps.
- During Playback of Songs / Sounds make a Soft Frequency Scaling to Reduce Noise and Highlight the Track.
- The ROM now offers More Powerful and Closed Bass.
- Efficient even with Sony's/Samsung's Generic Headphones.
- Improved the In-Call Audio Hearing and Transmission a lot.
- Enhanced the Speakers' Audio and Compression for Playing Music without Headphones in High Quality.
- Added PurePerformances™X Mod (Credits to Jeeko)
- Radically Improved RAM Management for MIUI (Lags... Adios!).
- Graphics Improved: Pure Graphic™HD, Pure Dithering Plus™ and... AOSPA 3.60 System Tweaks.
- Multimedia Scan Time Drastically Reduced.
- Network Improvements, 3G Experience Even in 2G Modality.
- All SQlite Database Optimized.
- Enabled Hardware Features Turned Off by Default for a Better Experience and Stability.
- Greatly Increased the AnTuTu Scores: Try it to believe it!!
- ReduceD the Startup Time Per Reboot.
- Now You can Play Ported Games Without Lags.
- The Device now itself Cleans the System Every 24 Hours, The Cache Every Week and The Dalvik Every Month (Cronos Easter Egg).
- Automatically Zipalign on Each Boot (Sensitive to The User).
- Drastically Decreased the Battery Drain.
- Check the Activities that Consume Too Much Battery and Stops Them with PureWakelocks™.
- When the Phone is Charging Reduces System Services for Faster Charging.
- The Battery is Calibrated on Every Boot.
- Disabled System Animations When the Battery is Nearly Exhausted.
- Improvements in build.prop as Regards The Part of Consumption.
- Enabled a Non-Aggressive Dithering to save CPU.
- When You Lock the Device, The Engine makes sure that the GPU is turned off.
- Enabled Deep Sleep.
- Audio Drivers and Libraries all Updated to Latest Versions with more tweaks for Better and Cleaner Sound.
- Optimized Music Player Libraries and Increased Volume and Effects. Music Player and MusicFX FCs Completely Resolved.
- ACID Sound Mod, Viper4Android, S-Force Audio All Updated to Latest Versions with some new tweaks and Modifications. Dolby Digital Sound Added as Default.
- Camera Tweaked for Better Focus and Quality, Its Comparively Better Now.
- Parts of Bravia Engine.
- Parts of CrossBreeder (credits to dev).
- Parts of Adrenaline Engine (credits to dev).
- PureGraphics HD.
- V6 supercharger.
- Enabled Video Entropy Generation (Like Seeder).
- Slightly Improved the Scaling of the Frequencies.
- Lightend the Load on the CPU Switching the Workload to GPU Rendering.
- Enabled the Swap Partition in Android (Experimental).
- Added Several INIT.D Tweaks and Scripts
- Default CPU Frequency and Governer Changed
- Disabled Normalized Sleeper to Fix Wakelocks
- Capacative Backlight Issues Fixed
- Flickering Issues Finally Fixed
- Battery Scripts and Tweaks (Sleepers)
- Minifree Handler Tweak
- Internet Speed Tweaks
- VM Management Tweaks
- Kernel Tweaks
- SysCTL Tweak
- EXT4 Tweaks
- IO Tweaks
- Lot More That I Do Not Remember++
XDA:DevDB InformationMIUI v3.10.18 Changelog:
- New – When you are trying to connect to a password-protected Wi-fi network, touch the Status bar to go to network login interface (10-16)
- Optimization – Recording menus revised in Contacts (10-15)
- Fix – Do not disturb mode will not change across time zones (10-15)
- New – Increased support features for vision impaired users (10-15)
- Optimization – Contacts take up less space in list view (10-14)
- Optimization – When you change details for a contact their corresponding group settings change automatically (10-14)
- Optimization – USIM card now supports the use of two numbers and two mailboxes (10-15)
- Fix – When choosing a recipient, cannot search company or other info (10-14)
- Fix – Customizing a ring for a contact made the Contact details page quit (10-14)
- Fix – Tags for Contact details were not displayed clearly (10-14)
- Fix – Deleted contacts would still appear under smart groups (10-14)
- Fix – Error would occur when marking phone numbers (10-14)
- Fix – Sometimes, when importing contacts from a Vcard, the app would quit (10-14)
- Fix – App would quit when user was deleting a group from list display (10-14)
- Fix – When editing contacts on the SIM card, the merge contacts function was displayed (this function is not supported for SIM card contacts) (10-14)
- Fix – When adding a new group, another new group with the same name is added (10-14)
- Fix – Contacts without numbers can be stored on SIM card (10-14)
[Lock Screen, Notification Shade, Status Bar]
- Optimization – The status bar can transparently display items (10-15)
- Fix – When viewing content in full screen, the Notification shade would roll back up automatically (10-16)
- Fix – Applying a wallpaper would cause memory leak (10-17)
- Optimization – When battery life is below 40%, automatically syncs photo history with MiCloud (10-15)
- Optimization – The interface for scanning a QR code automatically hides the title (10-15)
- Fix – Removed cloud albums start up popup (10-15)
- Fix – In Guest mode, when user opened gallery, the regular user interface would be displayed momentarily (10-15)
- Fix – Photos that were protected from being deleted could still be edited (10-15)
- Optimization – When play music in horizontal display, user’s library is not displayed (10-16)
- Optimization – New interface for MiSound configuration (Add sample illustrations for headphone type and added general headphones Settings) (10-16)
- Fix – The numbers for song time on the “Now Playing” interface would display incorrectly (10-16)
- Fix – When listening to music online, when user touched “Play random”, player would always start from the first song (10-16)
- Fix – When listening to Music on the music widget, when user touched the ”Like” button there was no notification (10-16)
- Fix – On the Settings page for MiSound “Xiaomi in-ear headphones” was displayed on two rows (10-17)
- New – Customization on Useful pages interface (10-16)
- New – Useful pages localization settings (10-16)
- Optimization – Ways to recalibrate and correct data usage numbers (10-16)
- Optimization – When closing and opening the Radio, it records whether it is in headphone mode or speaker mode (10-15)
- Optimization – Expanded the range of supported frequencies (10-15)
- Fix – After FM Radio app was closed the auto-search function wouldn’t respond (10-15)
- Fix – When playing, if user’s headphones became disconnected speaker would start playing (10-15)
- Fix – User interface was displayed incorrectly (10-15)
- Fix – When adding a name to the blocklist manually, user could enter symbols (not just alphanumerics) (10-16)
- Fix – After user viewed info on the blocklist, the count of blocked calls and texts in the Notification shade would not reset (10-17)
- New – New search experience (10-15)
- New – Recently played list displays corresponding images for shows (10-15)
- Optimization – Details page displays number of comments (10-15)
- Fix – Instantly refreshes the numbers for “My videos” (10-15)
- Fix – When the user hasn’t picked a source, and played has picked a source, associated images wouldn’t update (10-15)
- Fix – Sometimes, user play list history list view would quit (10-15)
- Fix – The individual numbers for Recently played in “My videos” and those for “Recently played” didn’t match (10-15)
- Fix – After the player would automatically begin playing the next episode, app would go back to the wrong interface (10-15)
- Fix – After user touches manual search field, default keyword (placeholder) would not disappear (10-15)
- Fix – Sometimes, recommended keyword would not appear when user was searching (10-16)
- Fix – Sometimes, the next episode in a series would not begin playing automatically after the previous episode had ended (10-17)
[ROM] iHackers [MIUI v5], a ROM for the Sony Xperia S
iHackers, Sumedha Kapoor
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Current Stable Version: v2.5
Stable Release Date: 2013-10-20
Last Updated 2013-10-20