Thanks Meter 1
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
BtTrayLog temporary solution
As many PDA2k users might have noticed by now, a file named BtTrayLog.txt found in the main directory on the device keeps expanding endlessly and thus eats every bit of memory you might have. There is no setting that you can change to solve this nor does deleting this file keeps it from popping back again.
I found a temporary solution and it has been working perfectly for the last few days. You can replicate my solution by following these steps:
1) Turn your Bluetooth on.
2) Start your "File Explorer" on your device and go to the main folder "My Device".
3) You will find a file named BtTrayLog.txt (when I first discovered this file it was 32 MB big!). Delete this file.
4) Close your File Explorer and wait for a few minutes.
5) Start your File Explorer again and you will find the same file again, although this time it should be very small (the smallest I could get it was 866 B only.)
6) Click and hold on it until the submenu appears and then select "Properties".
7) Check the "Read only" box and click "Ok".
Voila! The file will remain but its size will not change. The solution is a little primitive but it will spare you the effort of having to delete the file every couple of days. I list it here for the benefit of other users until CD fixes this issue in its upcoming ROM upgrade, whenever that may arrive.