TrulyClean is a "any rom" script that removes A LOT of crap-apps (98+ apps removed) and other stuff on the phone.
Script will remove about 800mb since version 1.6 (Counted by removing from stock firmware.)
The purpose is to give you a clean start with no extras, much like the Nexus series experience but with the Samsung core intact.
All bloatware apps will be removed running the default script. I even count apps like S Voice and Samsung Hub as unnecessary apps.
Neither do I use Earth or Google+ and don't like these apps to be forced upon me as system apps when they are so easy to install from Play store!
It might be illusion but... I found my phone booting faster and running snappier with after applying this script.
Also, I don't have to cry anymore while checking the apps in the /system folder.
I hope this script will evolve over time and include more stuff that is "not needed" to give the best experience possible.
* Please tell if you notice that this script removes something that is NEEDED aka creating FC's.
* Feel free to tell me about stuff you find that can be removed without any damage.
* Most apps that are avaliable @ Play Store will be removed as system apps!
* Use & edit the TrulyClean script at your own risk.
Script should work on any SGS4 TouchWiz rom.
Tested on: Stock deodexed firmware, WanamLite, Omega and FoxHound.
This script's default setting is created after my taste and may remove something you use.
If this is the case, have a look at this & edit the script at your own risk:
2. Open and edit the file with a decent text editor (Notepad++) and remove the lines for stuff you want to keep or go pro and add some new lines yourself.
3. Save file and put the new updater-script back into the flashable zip!
1. Use the default script or edit the script after your taste. (see "hidden "tutorial above!)
2. Copy recovery.zip to phone.
3a. For best experience - do a full wipe, install a custom rom and then flash TrulyClean.zip.
3b. Script only removes apps in /system, so you have to uninstall any updated apps manually.
4. Flash in recovery (I use PhilZ Touch) & run script after every time you flash a new rom.
5. Enjoy and tell me what you think!
* Yes, I know stuff like Samsung Account and Kies can be removed. However these are NOT proper to remove though, as both give FC @ settings.
* "I run the script but Google+, Earth etc. are still there!" Solution: Updated system apps are put in /data. Go to Settings > Manage programs > uninstall these apps and they will disappear.
- libfacerecognition.so is no longer removed. Seems it causes face detection in gallery etc. to not work.
- Updated script and divided everything into groups, making the script more idiot-safe to edit!
- Medium and Hardcore versions of script. In medium S Browser, Accuweather Widget, S Memo, S Health and S Voice is kept!
- Chrome is now removed as system app in both versions.
- Script now includes busybox. No need to have busybox pre-installed anymore.
- Charger connection sound is no longer removed. (There was no problem, I just didn't want to have it removed anymore.)
- Script now uses busybox mount method which means script should work fine on any version of the SGS4.
- Velvet.apk (Google Now & Search) is no longer removed due to a problem.
- Removes some more useless apps.
- Deletes pak and mcRegistry folders.
- Removes some more useless CSC stuff.
- Deletes Google Videos from system apps.
- Deletes secRCS.apk and SensorService.apk
- Removes some more folders!
- Removes more apps.
- Added removal of some libs and folders to the script.
* SINCE 1.4 SCRIPT SHOULD WORK FINE ON ANY I9505 SGS4 USING SAMSUNG FIRMWARE.
* I HAVE NOT TESTED FLASHING THE SCRIPT ON ANY OTHER SGS4 VERSION THAN I9505.
* "MEDIUM" version keeps the stock Samsung browser. Chrome is removed as system app in both versions since v1.6!
* Hardcore version: Same as before, more or less everything is removed, only core components is kept!
* Medium version: Saves S Browser, Accuweather widget n' service, S Memo, S Health and S Voice! Giving the right Samsung feel but removes the rest of the crap!