OP mattlgroff

3rd June 2013, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,388

2,233 posts
Donate to Me
More
DO NOT USE THIS UTILITY ON THE LATEST 4.1.2 OTA UPDATE.

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT926 and DROID RAZR HD MAXX XT926. Do NOT use this on an XT925!

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.21
Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
Dev-Host
Batakang

Filesize: 607 MB (637,113,475 bytes)
MD5: BB8229074D060C7C73B7B25D014F7D57

- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
Code:
cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh
You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.21:
Code:
  1  Flash 4.1.2 Stock System, Kernel, and Radio (Data Wipe) [from AP Fastboot]
  2  Flash 4.1.2 Stock Recovery [from AP Fastboot]
  3  Motochopper Root Exploit by djrbliss [from Normal Boot]
  4  Unlock Bootloader (Install Motopocalypse App) [from Normal Boot]
  5  Flash TWRP 2.5.0.0 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
  6  Flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
  7  Flash CWM 6.0.3.2 Recovery - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 System, Kernel, and Radio as well we wipe your data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 Stock Recovery.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

Number 5 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash TWRP 2.5.0.0 Recovery.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash OUDHS 1.0.3.4 Recovery.

Number 7 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash CWM 6.0.3.2 Recovery.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Shabbypenguin and OUDHS for making the original OUDHS which I ported over. Thanks to Hashcode and dhacker29 for making the STS-Dev Team repo. Thanks to Djrbliss for Motochopper and Motopocalypse! Thanks to TomSgt for making the video (coming soon to be added to the OP).

Video:
http://youtu.be/ej7HBxvNPv0
Last edited by mattlgroff; 16th July 2013 at 08:07 PM.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2013, 04:37 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IL.
Thanks Meter: 1,674

1,941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice work Matt here is the Video on how to use this Utility
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tomsgt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2013, 04:58 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

238 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgt

Nice work Matt here is the Video on how to use this Utility

Awesome work on this video. I appreciate the time you put into it!

Kudos to Matt for another spectacular work also.
The Following User Says Thank You to reigndropz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2013, 02:01 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 36

332 posts
okay cool matt does it again!! just solved all my problems in one shot LOL
4th June 2013, 03:00 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 22

146 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano1282

okay cool matt does it again!! just solved all my problems in one shot LOL

Yeah this utility is great!
4th June 2013, 03:52 PM   |  #6  

332 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaroad

Yeah this utility is great!

Worked like a charm!!!

edit: How does one boot into the recovery? like when i power down the device and power it back on it just boots normal..i know the recovery is there..but how do i access it? With Safestrap it gave me the option beforehand.
Last edited by dano1282; 4th June 2013 at 04:09 PM.
4th June 2013, 05:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,388

2,233 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Worked like a charm!!!

edit: How does one boot into the recovery? like when i power down the device and power it back on it just boots normal..i know the recovery is there..but how do i access it? With Safestrap it gave me the option beforehand.

From the Boot Menu you select Recovery. This replaces the stock Moto Recover unlike Safestrap.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
4th June 2013, 05:33 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IL.
Thanks Meter: 1,674

1,941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Worked like a charm!!!

Power on phone while holding volume up and down at same time this will make the phone enter boot mode then press volume down to highlight recovery then volume up to select this will boot recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
4th June 2013, 09:44 PM   |  #9  

332 posts
I see that I can reboot into the recovery and it has replaced the stock one... now what about Rom slots?? Am I blind or can I not create one??
4th June 2013, 10:13 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 22

146 posts
Quote:

I see that I can reboot into the recovery and it has replaced the stock one... now what about Rom slots?? Am I blind or can I not create one??

In these recoveries you don't use slots. You just make a backup, wipe, and flash something new.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread