Originally Posted by CompsGeek
explain the exact process of how you did it .
phone should be switched off while upgrade battery should b removed
did you get green circle at the end of the upgrade ??
if upgrade from pc was successful and you started your phone.... did u touch the screen
because the phone does a TP upgrade i.e TOUCH PANEL and you should not touch the screen at any costs
if you did then it wont work
re flash it again
So hereis a complete guide to update Micromax Canvas HD A116 to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS.
A Micromax Canvas HD A116 with usb data cable
Please ensure that the battery of your device is above 75%, so you don't get sudden shut downduring our process.
Take full backup ofyour device.
Backup data like SMS, contacts, whatsapp data etc etc., as these wouldbe formattedduring the process.
Install the drivers ofMicromax Canvas HD from the officialMicromax website.
Download Jelly Bean OS ROM & SP FLASH TOOLS, that you will flash.
Link for ROM Version 4.2.1:
1. Install drivers - Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86
3. Select Scatter file fromthe downloadedROM version 4.2.1 (extract downloadedfile from winrarto different folder)and select all files.
4.Goto options->select usb & select USB Mode& DA DownloadAll - & select forceto High Speeds
5. Remove battery, Sim Cards & Memory Card
6. Press Firmware Upgrade (Dont press download)
7. Insert USB data cable to PC & connect your phone & flash tool will detect your phone& downloadingstart automatically
8. Whenyou see greencircle than you are done.
9. Remove the cable from your phoneinsert battery & restart your phone.
10. It will take some times while re-starting and there will be TP Update popup. *
11. You are done& you can insert sim cards & memory card.
After Flashing and updating from 4.1.2 to 4.2.1 there will be a TP UPDATE pop upwhich will update the TP automatically. So it is advised DON'T TOUCH PHONE's SCREEN ON FIRST BOOT (don't even press the OK button), LET THE TPUPGRADE DO HIS WORK,WAIT FOR AT LEAST 10-15 MINUTES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.