Originally Posted by Yorch
can you show step,, by step, how to do it???. Can you also post more pictures?
I'm assuming this will also work with the XDAII headset
I can't post step-by-step pictures since unit is already assembled. sorry. But it's really easy:
1. Take apart this middle thingy by inserting your nails or very thin plastic knife. Meake sure no ti brake 4 little plastic clips, 2 on each side.
2. Take off top part.
3. Gently push wire from headphones side in to give some freedom for the circut board.
4. Lift it up the cisrcuit board and expose soldering points
5. Write down existing coloring of the wires soldered.
6. Cut appropriate lenght from Sony or whatever you wanna use.
7. Prepare wires for soldering
8. Don't forget to twist the wire the same manner as the original was.
9. Test headphones with case open and make sure both channels are working
10. Gently close cover
Sorry, was typing this in the rush. Feel free to ask more