Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SCH-I545 Sim Unlock

OP andrew73a

5th June 2013, 04:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I've searched quite a bit and I saw a few threads that said that the Verizon GS4 comes sim unlocked. But I put in a friends Sprint Sim and I got an error message that said "non verizon sim." I also saw tutorials on how to go into the phones menu by typing *#06# or *#0011# but these do not work on my phone. Is there a code that will work on my phone? Also, do I have to install a custom ROM on this phone to get the sim unlocked? I really don't want to go that route but if I have to I will.
5th June 2013, 04:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Idaho
Thanks Meter: 1,538

6,475 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sprint SIM probably isn't compatible. Try a GSM carrier SIM.
5th June 2013, 05:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
I tried the T-mobile version Straight Talk card and it says the same. "non-verizon SIM"
5th June 2013, 08:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
OK. I found out that you have to enable the hidden menus first. There is a forum here that talks about it. It's titled [how to] Enable Hidden Menus for Verizon Galaxy S4. And from there you can sim unlock.
5th June 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 9

39 posts
I've seen reports that people where getting non- verizon sim message but phone still worked on other carriers.
5th June 2013, 08:30 PM   |  #6  

11 posts
This is true. I have put in an active ATT sim got "non-Verizon SIM" message and could still make calls and Internet from the ATT SIM.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
5th June 2013, 09:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentgray

This is true. I have put in an act ve ATT sim got "non-Verizon SIM" message and could still make calls and Internet from the ATT SIM.

I put a China cdma card,it can make calls and send message,but Internet over evdo(3g) can not work.
I don't know how to set.
The Following User Says Thank You to meiyijun001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #8  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meiyijun001

I put a China cdma card,it can make calls and send message,but Internet over evdo(3g) can not work.
I don't know how to set.

This is only works with gsm. The cdma side is still locked unless you call Verizon and get them to unlock it.

16th June 2013, 10:34 AM   |  #9  

1 posts
I am currently in China and trying to get my sch-i545 to work with a sim card I purchased. While my phone is able to recognize that the sim card is there I recieve the message that the sim card is from an unknown source. Is there any way to fix this with the sch-i545 even though it is not the international version of the phone.
19th July 2013, 07:44 PM   |  #10  

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcoxky

I am currently in China and trying to get my sch-i545 to work with a sim card I purchased. While my phone is able to recognize that the sim card is there I recieve the message that the sim card is from an unknown source. Is there any way to fix this with the sch-i545 even though it is not the international version of the phone.

Are you rooted? Are you running a custom ROM?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread