Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,115 Members 52,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SCH-I545 Sim Unlock

Tip us?

andrew73a
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SCH-I545 Sim Unlock

I've searched quite a bit and I saw a few threads that said that the Verizon GS4 comes sim unlocked. But I put in a friends Sprint Sim and I got an error message that said "non verizon sim." I also saw tutorials on how to go into the phones menu by typing *#06# or *#0011# but these do not work on my phone. Is there a code that will work on my phone? Also, do I have to install a custom ROM on this phone to get the sim unlocked? I really don't want to go that route but if I have to I will.

mbh87
Old
Thanks Meter 1538

DONATE TO ME
Sprint SIM probably isn't compatible. Try a GSM carrier SIM.

andrew73a
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried the T-mobile version Straight Talk card and it says the same. "non-verizon SIM"

andrew73a
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK. I found out that you have to enable the hidden menus first. There is a forum here that talks about it. It's titled [how to] Enable Hidden Menus for Verizon Galaxy S4. And from there you can sim unlock.

darek65
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've seen reports that people where getting non- verizon sim message but phone still worked on other carriers.

Silentgray
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is true. I have put in an active ATT sim got "non-Verizon SIM" message and could still make calls and Internet from the ATT SIM.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

meiyijun001
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentgray View Post
This is true. I have put in an act ve ATT sim got "non-Verizon SIM" message and could still make calls and Internet from the ATT SIM.

I put a China cdma card,it can make calls and send message,but Internet over evdo(3g) can not work.
I don't know how to set.
The Following User Says Thank You to meiyijun001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Silentgray
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by meiyijun001 View Post
I put a China cdma card,it can make calls and send message,but Internet over evdo(3g) can not work.
I don't know how to set.
This is only works with gsm. The cdma side is still locked unless you call Verizon and get them to unlock it.

wilcoxky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am currently in China and trying to get my sch-i545 to work with a sim card I purchased. While my phone is able to recognize that the sim card is there I recieve the message that the sim card is from an unknown source. Is there any way to fix this with the sch-i545 even though it is not the international version of the phone.

wontongo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcoxky View Post
I am currently in China and trying to get my sch-i545 to work with a sim card I purchased. While my phone is able to recognize that the sim card is there I recieve the message that the sim card is from an unknown source. Is there any way to fix this with the sch-i545 even though it is not the international version of the phone.
Are you rooted? Are you running a custom ROM?