FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] SCH-I545 Sim Unlock

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By andrew73a, Junior Member on 5th June 2013, 03:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've searched quite a bit and I saw a few threads that said that the Verizon GS4 comes sim unlocked. But I put in a friends Sprint Sim and I got an error message that said "non verizon sim." I also saw tutorials on how to go into the phones menu by typing *#06# or *#0011# but these do not work on my phone. Is there a code that will work on my phone? Also, do I have to install a custom ROM on this phone to get the sim unlocked? I really don't want to go that route but if I have to I will.

5th June 2013, 03:02 PM |#2  
Flag Idaho
Thanks Meter: 1,539

Donate to Me
More
Sprint SIM probably isn't compatible. Try a GSM carrier SIM.
5th June 2013, 04:45 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I tried the T-mobile version Straight Talk card and it says the same. "non-verizon SIM"
5th June 2013, 07:03 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
OK. I found out that you have to enable the hidden menus first. There is a forum here that talks about it. It's titled [how to] Enable Hidden Menus for Verizon Galaxy S4. And from there you can sim unlock.
5th June 2013, 07:19 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've seen reports that people where getting non- verizon sim message but phone still worked on other carriers.
5th June 2013, 07:30 PM |#6  

More
This is true. I have put in an active ATT sim got "non-Verizon SIM" message and could still make calls and Internet from the ATT SIM.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
5th June 2013, 08:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentgray

This is true. I have put in an act ve ATT sim got "non-Verizon SIM" message and could still make calls and Internet from the ATT SIM.

I put a China cdma card,it can make calls and send message,but Internet over evdo(3g) can not work.
I don't know how to set.
The Following User Says Thank You to meiyijun001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2013, 08:56 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meiyijun001

I put a China cdma card,it can make calls and send message,but Internet over evdo(3g) can not work.
I don't know how to set.

This is only works with gsm. The cdma side is still locked unless you call Verizon and get them to unlock it.

16th June 2013, 09:34 AM |#9  

More
I am currently in China and trying to get my sch-i545 to work with a sim card I purchased. While my phone is able to recognize that the sim card is there I recieve the message that the sim card is from an unknown source. Is there any way to fix this with the sch-i545 even though it is not the international version of the phone.
19th July 2013, 06:44 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcoxky

I am currently in China and trying to get my sch-i545 to work with a sim card I purchased. While my phone is able to recognize that the sim card is there I recieve the message that the sim card is from an unknown source. Is there any way to fix this with the sch-i545 even though it is not the international version of the phone.

Are you rooted? Are you running a custom ROM?
19th July 2013, 10:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentgray

This is only works with gsm. The cdma side is still locked unless you call Verizon and get them to unlock it.

Are they capable of doing this with the S4? Assuming they are, are you speaking theoretically or with certainty? Could you confirm via experience or perhaps cite the information?

Reason I'm asking I tried to use a non-Verizon sim once with limited success on an S3. Called Verizon to see if it was a sim-lock related issue and they insisted that the phone shipped as unlocked as could possibly be, which would contradict your statement assuming the same holds true for the S4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)