Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Apple airport base settings for PDA2k(+)

OP kravitz

26th December 2004, 08:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
can somebody help me to setup my Apple airport base station for PDA2k. i need to make internet connection.

thanks
28th December 2004, 10:59 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

147 posts
What is your problem?

My PDA2K works fine on my Airport.

I use 'Access Control' so had to add the MAC address of the PDA2K to my Airport but otherwise works fine?

Robin
28th December 2004, 06:10 PM   |  #3  

n/a posts
Mine works fine if WEP is not enabled, but I a have the same issue of non-connectivity if WEP is enabled.
28th December 2004, 07:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag Boston

23 posts
More
PDA2k runs Windows, so make sure you enter a Hex WEP key equivalent, not the shorter WEP password you would enter on your mac. This applies to all Windows versions including PPC ones.
To find your Hex pass - connect to your airport base via Admin Utility and choose "Equivalent password" from the Base Station menu.
31st December 2004, 10:31 PM   |  #5  

44 posts
an odd requirement
Over the weekend, I setup my daughter's new Dell Axim X30 to her Airport AP. I also had my SX66 along, so I had a sanity check (I had successfully got it connected to my DLINK AP with WEP). Getting WEP to work to the Airport was frustrating. It would work great to the MAC and another WinTel notebook she owns, but the PPC would not work. When I would try to use WEP, it would show successful WiFi connection to the Airport AP, but NO browser or any other Web functions would work. After a couple of hours of futzing with it, I decided to see if the HEX key just might be case sensitive (I had been using lower case alpha as it had work fine with my DLINK AP). Well for reasons that I still don't understand, entering the 128bit HEX WEP key using UPPER case alpha characters did the trick. For a sanity check, I tried using lower case again and once again, connections worked, but no actual internet connectivity. BTW, I had the Airport set to OPEN and NO MAC filtering while I was fighting the WEP issue. After I discovered the case sensitive nature of the Airport, I was then able to turn on MAC filtering. I never did get the closed network capability of the Airport to work with the PPC, but with WEP and MAC filtering, she was pretty well secured.

I still would like to know why the PPC would show successful WiFi connections with a WEP key containing lower case alphas, but it would not allow actual internet connection while the same key with upper case alpha worked totally.

david
3rd January 2005, 12:49 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Re: an odd requirement
thank you. this was very needfull information!! now my PDA2k works fine with apple extreme basestation. wep, mac-filtering - all works!!!
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread