Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[S-OFF] revone - DEVELOPER EARLY ACCESS PREVIEW EDITION

Tip us?

ieftm
Old
(Last edited by wildstang83; 6th August 2013 at 06:32 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1750

DONATE TO ME
Talking [S-OFF] revone - DEVELOPER EARLY ACCESS PREVIEW EDITION

MOD EDIT: In order to prevent undue questions and excessive off-topic I'm making this edit to the op to inform the users revone does not support HBOOT 1.54.

What is "EARLY ACCESS PREVIEW"?

We want to give you S-OFF as soon as practically possible so an early access preview release is not a polished product but it does work (mostly). It will:-

* require knowledge of common android tools like adb and/or fastboot
* be a command line tool
* be rough around the edges
* probably crash sometimes
* fail to work everytime or in all cases or on different carrier ROMs - LET US KNOW if you get repeated failure on carrier variants.
* certainly not look pretty.
* despite being "early access" be very unlikely to brick your device (but naturally, this is possible, it's still a hack).
* give you a very good chance of getting S-OFF. Today. Right now.

Status

* revone has been known to grant S-OFF on the latest WWE & EU RUU, T-Mobile and AT&T versions, as well as Sprint HTC One.
* revone might also work on the Droid DNA 2.04 and 2.06. Awaiting (your) feedback.

Download

* Get the Android SDK for ADB. You may need to update to the latest version of the SDK for jellybean devices.

* Download revone: http://revolutionary.io/revone

Instructions

Use any operating system you like, you only need adb.

1. Download revone (above) and push it to your device: adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
2. Open an adb shell and:
* cd /data/local/tmp
* chmod 755 revone
3. (optional) If your device is unlocked and rooted please switch to root using su.
4. Prepare to gain S-OFF by running the command: ./revone -P
4a. If revone reports success reboot the device and proceed to step 5)
4b. If revone reboots the device (we'll pretend this isn't an undiagnosed random crash) please wait 2 minutes then try again from step 2.
4c. If revone reports that you need to reboot and try again please reboot and try again from step 2.
5. Now that revone has successfully prepared your device for S-OFF please open another adb shell (as per step 2) and change to
the /data/local/tmp directory.
6. Instruct revone to grant you S-OFF and unlock status by running the command: ./revone -s 0 -u
6a. Other optional command arguments:-
* -u - Unlock the device
* -l - Lock the device (as if it was never unlocked)
* -r - Relock the device (mark the device as relocked)
* -t - Reset the device's tamper flag.
7. Presuming revone reported success please reboot the device again, this time to the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
8. You should now observe your device is S-OFF (and the lock status changed if you invoked that option).
9. (optional) Re-run revone to remove TAMPERED from your HBOOT screen: ./revone -t

Credits

revone is brought to you by the Revolutionary dev team.

We've been silent, we're back.

Disclaimer

Revolutionary dev team disclaims all responsibility for your use of revone (and any of our tools): If the world ends, it's not our fault. If your device spontaneously ignites, well, that's not our fault either. You make the choice to use our tool, we don't force it upon you.

Support

Please visit #revolutionary on the Freenode IRC network. We will try to support you in the best way possible, but remember, this is early access, and operators might be asleep or not available at the time you join. Just hang around and wait for someone to answer.

Revolutionary 0.4pre4: bravo, bravoc, buzz, liberty, vivo, vivow, saga, mecha, supersonic, view, flyer, pyramid, shooter(_u) and doubleshot supported.

If you feel like supporting our device fund (which enables us to do more S-OFF hacks!) - then please do so here: Paypal donation
The Following 1,062 Users Say Thank You to ieftm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kmdm
Old
(Last edited by kmdm; 11th June 2013 at 01:39 PM.) Reason: Updates and stuff.
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 497
ALTERNATE revone binary (v0.2.1-wlj)

Alternate revone binary for the HTC J One (m7_wlj) only, if the main one crashes, reboots or otherwise does not work.

Download: revone-0.2.1-wlj

UPDATED revone binary (v0.2.1)

* Safety update: No longer allows -s 3 since this can lead to bricks with custom HBOOTs, use: fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 (which is safer - and checks such things)
* Fix: delusions of grandeur - revone now no longer reports success when it fails.
* Outside chance some previous failures will now be successful but most likely they will just correctly report failure.

Please note that due to the safety update ALL previous versions have been replaced with v0.2.1 and are hence no longer supported.

YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE SUPPORT FOR A VERSION LESS THAN v0.2.1

Download (and any previous link): revone-0.2.1

UPDATED revone binary (v0.2)

* Remove the random reboot feature.
* Vastly reduce the error -6 probability.

Download: revone-0.2

Use as per OP instructions renaming or name substituting as appropriate.

Reverting to S-ON (updated)

* ./revone -l
* fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Instructions updated since stating "fastboot oem lock" was a fail - my bad! xD

Stuck with error: -1?

When initiating a reboot after "./revone -P" please press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.

To start the entire process from scratch please power off the device and wait 30 seconds, turn it on and continue to ."/revone -P".

Redistribution/Bundling revone

Permission is not given to redistribute and/or bundle revone into "one click" utilities (or similar). Please only obtain revone directly from us, this allows us to ensure the most up to date version is available in case of any critical issues.

Many thanks for your understanding.
AlphaRev/Revolutionary developer | AndroidRoot.mobi developer

Extract HTC RUUs with: unruu, Decrypt HTC RUU zip files with: ruuveal
The Following 216 Users Say Thank You to kmdm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dirtbikerr450
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Thanks this made my day
If It's On XDA It Must Be Real
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirtbikerr450 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Electronic Punk
Old
(Last edited by Electronic Punk; 10th June 2013 at 09:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 735

DONATE TO ME
I wanted to update my post (Monday) as I have the priviledge of being on the first page.

I did struggled to get this installed, the first two attempts failed and told me to reboot, the third worked but did not S-Off the device.

Eventually, after multiple combinations of "-P" and "-s 0" (with all reporting successes) and my device was suddenly S-Off.

Then of course, locking and removing the tamper were easily done.

Excellent work everyone involved!

My stock HTC One with HTC_001 (purchased from Phones4U UK) on the EE network is now unlocked!
HTC One (M8) running Android Revolution HD on 4GEE

Formerly: One (M7), 8X, One X, Sensation, Desire S, HD2, Touch HD, TyTN II, MTeoR
The Following User Says Thank You to Electronic Punk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kmdm
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic Punk View Post
I am so in.
First attempt failed, rebooting.
Second attempt failed too.

Error code -6
Device mainver? I can check it out if there's a RUU/OTA for it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kmdm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

undrgrndchemist
Old
Thanks Meter 21
squirt
Phone: HTC One
HTC Dev Unlocked and Revone S-Off'd
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0
Kernel: Stock
ROM: viperROM 1.1.0

itzsnookums
Old
Thanks Meter 279
T-Mobile USA, Device doesn't get a error, but doesn't reboot on its own either, tried four times. Tried rebooting manually and continuing, no go. No errors, but no S-OFF either.
Devices: HTC Touch Diamond (SOLD), T-Mobile HTC HD2 (Retired), AT&T HTC Inspire 4G (Retired),AT&T HTC ONE X (Sold), T-Mobile HTC One...

HTC One: Dr. Who Bootanimation w/ Theme Music

The Following User Says Thank You to itzsnookums For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

graffixnyc
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4577

DONATE TO ME
Worked without a hitch on my One! Thanks!

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:

Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 128GB SD
Oppo Find 7a 16GB + 64GB Card
OnePlus One

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb

All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kmdm
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzsnookums View Post
T-Mobile USA, Device doesn't get a error, but doesn't reboot on its own either, tried four times. Tried rebooting manually and continuing, no go. No errors, but no S-OFF either.
What output do you yet?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kmdm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fnoji111
Old
Thanks Meter 113
very thanks revteam!

I use HTC J butterfly. 1.29.970.1 version (DNA 2.06/2.05 same situation)
root method is temproot

c:\adb\DLX_J>adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
2438 KB/s (646704 bytes in 0.258s)

c:\adb\DLX_J>adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/revone

c:\adb\DLX_J>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ /data/local/tmp/run_root_shell
/data/local/tmp/run_root_shell
Attempt perf_swevent exploit...
writing address is 8e55
shell@android:/ # cd /data/local/tmp
cd /data/local/tmp
shell@android:/data/local/tmp # ./revone -P