Rooting Slim 4.3 on T999L
Originally Posted by alarmdude9
Did you try motochopper? Worked great for me running rooted stock right now.
Sent from my SGH-T999L using xda app-developers app
this is the way i did it, currently there is not a one click solution.
here's what you will need.
- MotoChopper https://www.cubby.com/pl/motochopper...4c20b4992170c2 or the modded version here (recomended) https://www.cubby.com/pl/4.3_Modded_...49f5f67b0fd45a
- TWRP 188.8.131.52. or above http://goo.im/devs/s0updev/gooinsideme
- SuperSu and its custom binary ( you will need to search for this as Super user for jellybean 4.3
- a micro sdcard
the Motochopper exploit is still open and working on AOSP 4.3 however Google changed the way that file permissions are granted and this is why it doesn't fully root your phone the way it did on the OEM firmware.
- first make sure you phone has root access allowed for adb and apps in the developers options. (if you don't know how to enable the developers options Google also changed this in 4+, go to settings>about phone> tap on your build number 7-10 times to enable developers options)
- make sure debugging is enabled.
- now take the superSU.apk and the su binary for it and replace the files in Motochopper
- place the su binary file on your microsd card and your internal sd card
- run the Motochopper exploit (it will install the SuperUser.apk but not the binary, this is the file permissions change Google made)
- boot into TWRP and mount the system.
- copy the su binary you placed on the microsd card
- paste it into /system/bin
- paste it into /system/xbin
- reboot and you should have Super user access
HTC-G1: still working, slowly (Retired)
Rooted Stock froyo O.C. Stable at 1366Mhz,
Motorola Defy MB525: Corrupted bootloader (Retired)
Samsung Vibrant SGH-959: Still working, antiquated (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy S3LTE SGH-T999L : Slim 4.3.build 1-OFFICIAL-876 (Rooted)
Help me grow my storage space for development purposes and get 5 gigs of your own https://cub.by/i/00_O17cBw3Gj_m
SGS3 IMEI REPAIR firstname.lastname@example.org
P.M. me for help rooting 4.3