Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy s4, stuck in reboot loop need help :(

Tip us?

galaxyfans
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy s4, stuck in reboot loop need help :(

was installing the hyperdrive Rom using clockwork recovery mod, it says it installed sucessfully but when i go to reboot the device it just going into reboot loop, i can get back into recovery mod but when i try to factory reset and try it again it just does the same thing again, tried installing a different rom and still same thing, what am i doing wrong?

OMsupp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
im having the same problem. i cant boot into recovery. is there anything i can do. i was on cm10.1 before this and it worked fine. i flashed hyperdrive using OUDHS and it installed and everything. i let it sit for 10 minutes like it said to then i continued to reboot... and now its stuck on the custom padlock screen and im cant boot into recovery for some reason...

DarkMenace
Old
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMsupp View Post
im having the same problem. i cant boot into recovery. is there anything i can do. i was on cm10.1 before this and it worked fine. i flashed hyperdrive using OUDHS and it installed and everything. i let it sit for 10 minutes like it said to then i continued to reboot... and now its stuck on the custom padlock screen and im cant boot into recovery for some reason...
Try to get in to Odin mode. If you can flash the Stock Image and go from there.
PM me for assistance and files for Unrooting / Rooting your Galaxy S3 and any support needs on your S4.
Press the "Thanks" button if I helped you out. It helps me keep fueled up

4G LTE

abalgir66
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default RLS7 Verizon S4 continuous reboot loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyfans View Post
was installing the hyperdrive Rom using clockwork recovery mod, it says it installed sucessfully but when i go to reboot the device it just going into reboot loop, i can get back into recovery mod but when i try to factory reset and try it again it just does the same thing again, tried installing a different rom and still same thing, what am i doing wrong?
Hi I have the exact same pb, I flashed several times my S4 (I was on RLS4 before) following the instructions, no way to get out from the endless reboot loop.

There is a suggestion using ODIN, I am not very familiar on how to do that, any help?

Thanks

2012crazymexican
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by abalgir66 View Post
Hi I have the exact same pb, I flashed several times my S4 (I was on RLS4 before) following the instructions, no way to get out from the endless reboot loop.

There is a suggestion using ODIN, I am not very familiar on how to do that, any help?

Thanks
dont install any audio mod and also dont install any of the music players just the samsung one !
The Following User Says Thank You to 2012crazymexican For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 11847

DONATE TO ME
before you go through all the trouble of ODIN, which seems to be everyones answer now a days, it is a kernel issue, flash a verizon loki kernel. It should boot.

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3369

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abalgir66 View Post

Thanks
First, if you have a back up, restore just the system partition (this will also format your current /system) Then do a factory reset and reboot. Now I if that doesn't work, Odin is your best bet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Spike96
Old
Thanks Meter 53
FOR anyone installing Hyperdrive, the most probable cause of boot loop in the Walkman Music App. Don't choose it in Aroma!!!
If you already have, the only way to fix the boot loop is to ODIN back to stock, as Dark Menace suggested.
He can PM you the stock image, which you will have to flash in ODIN to successfully boot up again.
SCH-I545 - Hyperdrive
Hit the Thanks!

sloanster
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
hey I do plenty of flashing, and from time to time get into trouble... But ODIN is not the first choice to fix... Please read the forums
DEVICE: Note-3 N900T Running on AT&T's network
KERNEL: 3.4.86 Compulsion v11
RADIO: N900TUVUCNB4
RECOVERY: TWRP
ROM: Stock, debloated, multi-themed

Don't bust my

It easier to hit my thanks button!

DarkMenace
Old
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
Sent a few PM's to see if that helps. You can try the kernels first then go from there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium
PM me for assistance and files for Unrooting / Rooting your Galaxy S3 and any support needs on your S4.
Press the "Thanks" button if I helped you out. It helps me keep fueled up

4G LTE