FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Galaxy s4, stuck in reboot loop need help :(

9th June 2013, 08:31 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
was installing the hyperdrive Rom using clockwork recovery mod, it says it installed sucessfully but when i go to reboot the device it just going into reboot loop, i can get back into recovery mod but when i try to factory reset and try it again it just does the same thing again, tried installing a different rom and still same thing, what am i doing wrong?
 
 
10th June 2013, 12:27 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
im having the same problem. i cant boot into recovery. is there anything i can do. i was on cm10.1 before this and it worked fine. i flashed hyperdrive using OUDHS and it installed and everything. i let it sit for 10 minutes like it said to then i continued to reboot... and now its stuck on the custom padlock screen and im cant boot into recovery for some reason...
10th June 2013, 03:12 AM |#3  
DarkMenace's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burlington, WI
Thanks Meter: 388
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMsupp

im having the same problem. i cant boot into recovery. is there anything i can do. i was on cm10.1 before this and it worked fine. i flashed hyperdrive using OUDHS and it installed and everything. i let it sit for 10 minutes like it said to then i continued to reboot... and now its stuck on the custom padlock screen and im cant boot into recovery for some reason...

Try to get in to Odin mode. If you can flash the Stock Image and go from there.
23rd July 2013, 06:10 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
RLS7 Verizon S4 continuous reboot loop
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyfans

was installing the hyperdrive Rom using clockwork recovery mod, it says it installed sucessfully but when i go to reboot the device it just going into reboot loop, i can get back into recovery mod but when i try to factory reset and try it again it just does the same thing again, tried installing a different rom and still same thing, what am i doing wrong?

Hi I have the exact same pb, I flashed several times my S4 (I was on RLS4 before) following the instructions, no way to get out from the endless reboot loop.

There is a suggestion using ODIN, I am not very familiar on how to do that, any help?

Thanks
23rd July 2013, 07:06 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abalgir66

Hi I have the exact same pb, I flashed several times my S4 (I was on RLS4 before) following the instructions, no way to get out from the endless reboot loop.

There is a suggestion using ODIN, I am not very familiar on how to do that, any help?

Thanks

dont install any audio mod and also dont install any of the music players just the samsung one !
The Following User Says Thank You to 2012crazymexican For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2013, 08:41 PM |#6  
AxAtAx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiON,Texas
Thanks Meter: 19,464
 
Donate to Me
More
before you go through all the trouble of ODIN, which seems to be everyones answer now a days, it is a kernel issue, flash a verizon loki kernel. It should boot.
23rd July 2013, 11:07 PM |#7  
Surge1223's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 5,454
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abalgir66

Hi I have the exact same pb, I flashed several times my S4 (I was on RLS4 before) following the instructions, no way to get out from the endless reboot loop.

There is a suggestion using ODIN, I am not very familiar on how to do that, any help?

Thanks

First, if you have a back up, restore just the system partition (this will also format your current /system) Then do a factory reset and reboot. Now I if that doesn't work, Odin is your best bet.



Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
23rd July 2013, 11:11 PM |#8  
Spike96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
FOR anyone installing Hyperdrive, the most probable cause of boot loop in the Walkman Music App. Don't choose it in Aroma!!!
If you already have, the only way to fix the boot loop is to ODIN back to stock, as Dark Menace suggested.
He can PM you the stock image, which you will have to flash in ODIN to successfully boot up again.
24th July 2013, 01:13 AM |#9  
sloanster's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Martinez, GA
Thanks Meter: 156
 
Donate to Me
More
hey I do plenty of flashing, and from time to time get into trouble... But ODIN is not the first choice to fix... Please read the forums
24th July 2013, 01:56 AM |#10  
DarkMenace's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burlington, WI
Thanks Meter: 388
 
Donate to Me
More
Sent a few PM's to see if that helps. You can try the kernels first then go from there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes