Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 49,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Photo quality on Jam not so bad! Examples inside

Tip us?

maverick_uk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Photo quality on Jam not so bad! Examples inside

http://www.phonefun4u.com/imatejam/imate1.jpg
http://www.phonefun4u.com/imatejam/imate2.jpg

I was playing with my Jam earlier and took a few test shots, they are not too bad.

Some claim it's worse than a 7250, which it clearly is not.

gazzaman2k
Old
Thanks Meter 11
the cam aint too bad as i took a pic of my lynx bottle lol but its no where near 1.3mp as the nokia 7610 has a 1mp and its loads loads clearer

ammar
Old
Thanks Meter 14
i can't even compare JAM 1.3MP to nokia 6230 0.3MP !!!!
nokia pictures are real photos !

:evil:

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 575

DONATE TO ME
It is a 1.3mp camera. The resolution only relates to the size of the picture not the quality. Still wish it's quality was better though!

maverick_uk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I dont think it's too bad. I will take some more pictures in daylight, I had some great pics but then had to hard reset (

I think the software is partly to blame for the quality, I just hope its not terrible hardware as that cant be fixed.

LeSkip
Old
Thanks Meter 0
From the pictures you provided and my own observations from using the camera, it appears to me that several factors contribute to the poor quality:

* bad light sensitivity
* amplification noise
* washed out colors
* poor focus

The light sensitivity has to do with using a cheap CMOS based camera. The grain and noise that can be seen stems from amplifying the CMOS signal significantly to produce a viewable image. The colors looks like a software problem. Poor focusing comes from using a plastic lens with fixed focus.

Better firmware could sort out the washed out colors, and it might be possible to decrease the amount of noise in the amplificiation process. I believe however that at best the camera will pass as poor.

Skip

gazzaman2k
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i find that when the camera is on auto its crap but when on daylight or night mode or grey its fine?

zairyaab
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i haf noticed one thing....n i think alll the XDA II or guys usin Himalaya device shud try this toooooo.....wat ive noticed is....i taken out a pic from ma XDA II on default settings wid out changin gamma or contrast or sharpness.....wid pic resolution of 480 (thts the max it has FOOOOOK) ne wayz...i sent the pic to ma frnd via bluetooth on his nokia 6600 n the other frnd on some new siemens set....n guesss wat.....the freaky pic was loookin as if i toook it out from a DIGI CAM......not just on the damn cellll but wen they downloaded from the celll to their pc's too then also the damn pic had a totallllly diffff color n resolution then wat ma XDA II was givin me.....so i am sure there has to be something wid the software tht generates the pic n reproduces it on the lcd....caz after takin a pic out from XDA II n sendin it to frnds cell n burnin it out on the comp it was just awesome wat does tht MEAN ????? SOFTWARE PROB FOR SURE..... wat do u guys say ????

zairyaab
Old
Thanks Meter 6
anyone tried the thing i mentioned above ??
Old
Thanks Meter 0
not yet we are first trying to understand what you are typing in.

Are you using the same software to type your posts as the one used by XDA to display pictures