Camera problem: red/blue/purple noise in low light photos
I am now a proud owner of an HTC One and I absolutely love it.
Its an SH35BW903846 and, build quality wise, its almost perfect - 99% perfect. No gaps, no dents, not dead pixels, no light bleed and not even the pop/crackle. It's running the 1.29.401.16 software.
The only problem I have (I don't know yet if it is a problem), is with the camera in night time and very low light scenes.
My problem is that in night shots and very low light scenes, the camera turns the black into blue
(or red in very very dark scenes). For example, I included some photos, on a dark street with only a few light posts it turns black areas into blurry blue. Yes, it lets in more light (and more natural looking light) than my old One X, but the black areas are blue.
Not to mention, some times it has trouble focusing so a few of the shots I attached were taken after 2-3 tries.
Even more, in very very dark scenarios - see the last picture - it turns the blackness into red.
Now, my questions:
- Is this normal?
- Has anyone else had this problem (is it a problem)?
- Can someone post a night time picture taken with their one in similar scenario and without the "blue"?
I am a bit worried because if it is a flaw than i would have to return my almost perfect One...
If the information below or this thread have helped you in any way, hit the thanks button
UPDATED 13th of November:
I took my phone into service again. This time they didn't replace my whole phone, but they did replace the camera module. They put in a camera from SHARP, sensor date 14 october 2013. The first tests I've done indicate that they've finally found a way/a sensor/a manufacturer to make the damned camera perform in low light like it supposed to... See a photo comparison of the new camera here
UPDATED 14th of October:
A comparison test after getting the 4.3 and Sense 5.5 Update: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3099
UPDATED (2nd of October)
- If you have the same problem, please fill in this Google form
made by @gogogaga7
so we can have a centralized data base with information about the units that are flawed. The form is here: http://goo.gl/HmRJqC
UPDATED (5th of July)
- I just got a replacement for my faulty unit and I just posted comparison photos in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=89
: If your camera gives you similar results with blue/red/purple noise in low-light photos -> take it back to HTC or an operator or repair service for a replacement!
UPDATED with Poll (13th of August)
- Seeing how many replies and page views this thread has gathered during these couple of months, how many of you said they experience this problem and how HTC has not publicly recognized it (either as software or hardware fault), I added a Poll to see indeed how many of us are having this problem. Please vote!