Note kernel DDLPA, ICS 4.0.3 help

Search This thread

abirjin

Jun 14, 2012
Hey guys,
So a friend of mine asked me to upgrade the ROM on his note which is running stock sammy ICS 4.0.3 and also running or crawling like ****e to 4.2.2 so first thing that comes to my mind.... easy. Root it flash CWM, backup ROM, flash slim bean build 6.

But after reading about in the note section for an hour the notion of easy went out of the window, this note is running kernel version 3.0.15-N7000DDLPA-CL711285 BasebandN7000DDLP4 Build NoIML74k.DDLPA checked out Phil3759's thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901191 but could not find my kernel on the list.

Guys kindly guide me as how I should go about flashing CWM so I can install custom ROM's without placing the phone in a situation that might lead to it getting bricked

Thanks in advance

Elvisnazareth

Jul 4, 2014
Hey guys,
So a friend of mine asked me to upgrade the ROM on his note which is running stock sammy ICS 4.0.3 and also running or crawling like ****e to 4.2.2 so first thing that comes to my mind.... easy. Root it flash CWM, backup ROM, flash slim bean build 6.

But after reading about in the note section for an hour the notion of easy went out of the window, this note is running kernel version 3.0.15-N7000DDLPA-CL711285 BasebandN7000DDLP4 Build NoIML74k.DDLPA checked out Phil3759's thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901191 but could not find my kernel on the list.

Guys kindly guide me as how I should go about flashing CWM so I can install custom ROM's without placing the phone in a situation that might lead to it getting bricked

Thanks in advance
I am in the same situation bro(same Kernel). did you get a solution. My phone circuit board conked off and hence I installed a new PBA however I liked kk4 and want to install on this. couldnt get the kernel

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
4.0.3 is the most susceptible to brick bug. So either move to a safe kernel or upgrade to a newer version like 4.0.4 or JB. Check in Philz thread for your build number kernel. If you can't find the same, any 4.0.3 kernel should do. Else upgrade the rom to a newer stock.
Or if you just want to install a custom rom, then flash any kernel and get into cwm recovery and go about the rom flashing instructions.