[Nook HD] CM10.1 native EMMCNow part of CM nightliies
By popular demand, I am bringing to you CM10.1 that you can install into Nook's internal ROM.
Note, this version totally overwrites your ROM, so back up everything important before proceeding
. This is not a dual-boot solution, you do loose B&N ROM for good after installing this.
This is work in progress, yadda yadda.
Follow this install guide substituting
various filenames with filenames below if you don't understand the below instructions
, gunzip and write it to an sdcard of at least 1G in size (all content on that card will be lost). (use dd under Linux and MacOS, use Win32DiskImager
or similar tool under Windows, use 7zip under windows to unpack).
Download CWM recovery
zip if you want internal recovery to be replaced with CM one (if you don't know what is it about, then you need it). As another option there's a graphical TWRP recovery
available. (you can only have one recovery option)
Also download latest nightly from http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=hummingbird
You can write installation zips for recovery, cm binary + whatever else you need and transfer them to Nook user storage (if you have it activated and all), OR add all these files + whatever other packages you might need right away on to the sdcard.
Insert sdcard into Nook and reboot the Nook, next install recovery (if desired) and the cm10.1 binary and whatever else you put there.
Use Install zip from sdcard, if you copied installation zips to sdcard, otherwise use "choose zip from internal sdcard" - both options are in "Unstall update from zip file".
Erase /data (only on initial install, this is important to avoid crashes on bootup
! Naturally, make sure you have copies of whatever important info from there before you remove).
Remove the sdcard from the Nook. You might need to use this sdcard for your recovery needs in the future should EMMC content become badly damaged, so probably a good idea to have a copy of it somewhere.
Congrats, now on reboot you'll get into cm10.1 on your Nook HD.
When you need to get into recovery, you can either do "reboot to recovery" in reboot menu (need to enable that in settings) or reboot the nook, and when you see original nook boot logo, press and hold power + home buttons for about 4 seconds.
If you plan to use USB Host feature, you will need a gender changer
, as B&N decided not to release a special cable so far. The control to enable USBHost is in quick settings panel (slide down in the top right corner of the screen to bring it up).
- Nook app reports incompatible in market (workaround1: just sideload it ; workaround2: change ro.product.device to nookhd in build.prop) - This is because they specifically blacklist Nooks! For workaround #2, revert the value back to hummingbird when done installing, otherwise you'll lose sound.
- Certain sdcards still remain unstable.
- Google Earth crashes when you press "my location" button, but works fine otherwise.
13/08/09 - We are part of official CM and latest nightly from here is what you should get now: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=hummingbird
13/08/01 - cm-10.1-20130801-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- Data usage statistics should now work
13/07/19 - cm-10.1-20130719-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- Update wifi drivers to R5.SP3.06
- Kernel with initial charger control for the charger app to work
- Picked some kernel fixes from omapzoom tree that I think would be useful for us too, this includes some voltage changes (decreases).
- Disabled hwui scissors optimization as it seems to be doing more harm than good.
13/07/11 - cm-10.1-20130712-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- Added Apple keyboard support
- Updated to CM-10.1.2 for security fixes
13/07/10 - cm-10.1-20130710-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- Rebased on cm-10.1.1 for security fixes.
13/07/08 - cm-10.1-20130708-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- ExFAT and NTFS support from upstream
13/07/06 - cm-10.1-20130706-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- revert accidentally applies frequency bump patch that made it into 07/04
13/07/04 - cm-10.1-20130704-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- upgraded to fixed SGX DDK 1.9@2291151 (this fixes Google Earth, and a bunch of games)
13/07/03 - cm-10.1-20130703-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- usb ids changed to match stock
- swap support enabled
13/06/30 - cm-10.1-20130630-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- Serial number is now visible in Android
- usb audio now actually works (only for output)
13/06/29 - cm-10.1-20130629-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- Experimental kernel work
- enabled 1.5GHz freq by default
- in-kernel bluetooth
13/06/24 - cm-10.1-20130624-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- more kernel drivers for bt hid, usb 3g modems and gps devices
13/06/15 - cm-10.1-20130615-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- WiFi Direct and BT tethering are now working
- /sdcard now points to internal storage.
13/06/13 - cm-10.1-20130613-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- Boosted speaker and headset audio levels.
- gfx cash on startup fixed
- Zinio now works out of the box
13/06/12 - cm-10.1-20130612-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- Fixed HDMI audio
- Fixed HDMI video upside-down picture
- Added usb audio support
- Enabled tabbed view in Settings app.
13/06/10 - cm-10.1-20130611-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
- Initial release
This is unrelated development to bokbokan's sdcard/hybrid install
, because he does not make his source code available, so don't ask me to pick features from his build.