Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 41,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

QteK s100 few questions

Tip us?

Meeestre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default QteK s100 few questions

Hi there, I've got a few questions on the s100/JAM/Magician device ... can anyone shed a light on them, thanx

1. is it possible to upgrade the OS to Windows Mobile 2005, when it comes around?
2. is there any truth to the rumor stating a new JAM version coming up, with 128MB + WiFi? When, and at what estimate price (compared with current JAM)?
3. why there's no central support for this device, shouldn't HTC be providing that? Each "distributor", i-Mate, QteK, XDA, has their own private support (haven't found QteKs though!), with updates/patchs not fully compatible between brands! It's a major setback (for me anyway), not having one central place where to keep my device uptodate from!
4. the 7.6MB main memory to run applications, is enough to run any application there is (at least individualy)? How much is this type of memory in other PPC devices?
5. when the device is asleep, is there a screen saver mode with a clock, like in regular cellphones?

... I'm not yet a pride owner... maybe soon

Koksie
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Locking your screen and buttons and providing a clock is done by MortSaver, free download at www.sto-helit.de. Ideal for using your Jam as an MP3 player and providing a screensaver and clock as well.