[ROM] [Team D.I.R.T] Dirty Unicorns 4.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
can somebody pull the facebook app from this rom so I can use it on 4.4.2 and see if it will let me sync contacts..?? t.i.a. =)

You realize that it'll be a severely un-updated version though right? I'll be flashing this in a few hours, check your pm tomorrow if no one sends you one by then.

Edit: Or you could just download the ROM and extract the app yourself. It'd provably be faster anyways lol

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

jdmsohc22

Feb 4, 2008
Miami, FL
You realize that it'll be a severely un-updated version though right? I'll be flashing this in a few hours, check your pm tomorrow if no one sends you one by then.

Edit: Or you could just download the ROM and extract the app yourself. It'd provably be faster anyways lol

i tried to extract it, but I didn't see a Facebook.apk anywhere in the zip... and I'm running 4.4.2 and the facebook app doesnt allow you to sync phone numbers from facebook into ur people app, so I heard DU had a hacked facebook that works and i wanna try it on 4.4.2 thats why i asked for it..

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
i tried to extract it, but I didn't see a Facebook.apk anywhere in the zip... and I'm running 4.4.2 and the facebook app doesnt allow you to sync phone numbers from facebook into ur people app, so I heard DU had a hacked facebook that works and i wanna try it on 4.4.2 thats why i asked for it..

I doubt it's the actual app though. Probably something they patched in the system itself.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
can somebody pull the facebook app from this rom so I can use it on 4.4.2 and see if it will let me sync contacts..?? t.i.a. =)

I would,but I've already replaced it with an inverted version from TBO. Just extract it from the ROM zip, if it's there.

On a similar note, though, as of today, haxsync keeps throwing me an error notification saying the app is no longer functional or accessible. Anyone else? It says to log into Facebook, I do, then it says app is no longer available or supported or installed.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: jdmsohc22

adamlee011

Dec 13, 2007
Watertown, CT

Facebook won't sync contacts that way on aosp. You need a 3rd party app to do it. I use uber Facebook sync.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

BaumerS4

Oct 18, 2012
I tried this ROM for the first time this week, but occasionally the phone won't come back from being locked. I hit the power button and the buttons light up, but the screen doesn't respond/turn on. When this happens I can sometimes get it to work again after repeatedly hitting the power button, but other times I have to turn the phone off via long pressing the power button. Even this only works short term, because I've had it repeat this error the first time I turn the screen off again after it reboots. I've seen this issue on the CM11 based Carbon ROM too. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't happen when I go back to something Sense based.

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
I tried this ROM for the first time this week, but occasionally the phone won't come back from being locked. I hit the power button and the buttons light up, but the screen doesn't respond/turn on. When this happens I can sometimes get it to work again after repeatedly hitting the power button, but other times I have to turn the phone off via long pressing the power button. Even this only works short term, because I've had it repeat this error the first time I turn the screen off again after it reboots. I've seen this issue on the CM11 based Carbon ROM too. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't happen when I go back to something Sense based.

We call it screen on lag here. It's a common issue, no fix available. Affects only cm roms. Temporary fix is active status bar brightness slider and slide on it when the screen doesn't come on. Not a real fix, but better than nothing.

Sent from my EVO

Reactions: rodohmes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    w48neVu.jpg

cmuRq7g.png

This ROM is based on the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP). The idea to start a ROM based off AOKP with added features for us was started out of curiosity and boredom. We started compiling ROMs for personal use and later started sharing them. After sharing it with a few people, we decided to take it a step further and fine tune the way we do things. Since then, is been nothing but fun and a true learning experience for all of us involved. We've received high praise from not only users but fellow developers of other ROMs that enjoy seeing things done the right way. Our 4.2.2 version made it onto various devices to include the HTC One, Galaxy Nexus, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO LTE, Nexus 4 and some other devices. We hope to do the same with our 4.3 version.

ELDlDWD.png

"Give credit and thanks where is due!" That's something that has fuel the way we do things! With that said, we would like to go ahead and credit those individuals and groups that have made this ROM possible with their original code and contributions to the Android community.....

| AOKP / Team Kang | CyanogenMod | Paranoidandroid | Preludedrew | JMZtaylor | iBlowpot |ChaOS Team | Liquidsmooth | Xplodwild |
    | CarbonROM | Rohan32 | LorDClockaN | Dastin1015 | Bajee11 | SlimROMs | Daxxmax | Beerbong | Sammyycakes | Team BAMF |

Believe it or not, we are human and we do forget things. If we have left someone out of the credit/thanks list, just PM us and we'll gladly add on to the list.​

a8lKocT.png

- Facebook Sync Hack
    - Expanded desktop
    - Hot Reboot Option
    - Ribbons (AOKP)
    - Customizable Quick Settings
    - Custom "BAMF" Theme engine
    - Customizable power menu (Torch, Profiles, etc)
    - Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
    - Missed call breathing notifications
    - App Ops access in Settings
    - CM Camera Mods
    - CM Powerwidget
    - CM Profiles
    - CM apps (Apollo, DSPManager, CMFileManager, etc)
    - CM Privacy Guard
    - SlimROMs TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    - SlimROMs Statusbar Clock options
    - Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    - Halo from Paranoidandroid
    - Halo bubble color changer
    - Halo size changer
    - Multi-user support
    - Customizable Softkeys
    - 24+ Battery options
    - Network speed indicator in statusbar
    - Koush Superuser
    - Nav Bar customizations
    - Host file switcher (ad-free switch)
    - Build Propper
    - Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    - Wakelock blocker
    - Suspend Actions (power saving mod)
    - ListView Animations
    - Custom System Animations
    - Swipe to Switch in RC (toggle)
    - Lockscreen Tint Color Mod
    - Weather Panel
    - Change lockscreen wallpaper
    - OTA updates via DU Updater
    - Custom BusyDialog
    - Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    - Music/Halo toggle/tiles
    - ScreenShot QuickTrash
    - Paranoidandroid PIE
    - Color Changing PhaseBeam (OmniRom)
    - Recents Shortcut Bar
    - ChaOS Gesture anywhere
    - Button Light Notification
    - Status Bar Auto Hide / Quick Peek
    - Omni-ROM Multi-Window
    - Beer Bong Hybrid Engine

- Much More, just look in Settings and ENJOY!!!

9RTagG9.png

v1.0 - https://github.com/DU-Final/android_kernel_htc_msm8960.git

Kr9biNT.png

- Have a custom recovery (TWRP)
    - Wipe everything but your external/internal storage
    - Move the ROM zip to your phone
    - Flash it and reboot
    - Once the ROM boots, reboot back into recovery
    - Flash the recommend PA GAPPS and ENJOY!!

V4nhnLu.png

- Nothing as of now

*** If you find a bug, please provide as much info as possible and/or a logcat

cqVQisN.png

Code:
    [B]Dirty Unicorns v3.8[/B]
    - Initial Release

[B]Dirty Unicorns v3.9[/B]
    - Merged AOSP 4.3.1
    - Fixed APN editing
    - Fixed clock AM/PM error
    - Fixed network stats upload/download reading
    - Fixed issue with softkeys mod not showing up in RC
    - Torch app UI overhaul and code cleanup
    - Moved See through lockscreen mod from UI to Lockscreens
    - Added Better Recents and ability to switch
    - Added Shortcut bar in Recents
    - Added never sleep screen mode
    - Added PA PIE
    - Added Power button in PIE
    - Added PIE Toggle and Volume Toggle
    - Added user defined colors for LockClock
    - Added CM SoundRecorder
    - Added Download GAPPS Option in DU Updater
    - Added Color Changer to network stats
    - Remove welcome message in CMFileManager
    - Removed SunBeam and Added PhaseBeam with Color Changer
    - Check our github for device specific changes

[B]Dirty Unicorns v4.0[/B]
    - ChaOS Gesture anywhere
    - New notification Weather icons (Touchflo HD icons)
    - CM Privacy Guard
    - Button Light Notification (only few devices)
    - Camera button support
    - Implement a pin keypad shuffler
    - Lower the RAM requirement for HWA
    - Status bar Auto-Hide / Quick Peek
    - Hybrid engine from BeerBong
    - Add switch to hide signal/wifi bars
    - Fixed PIE GRAVITY receiver
    - Fixed USB connect issue
    - Fixed default navigation bar transparency value
    - Lockscreen Theme Color
    - Omni-ROM Multi-window
    - Video HDR Feature Integration
    - Added pause interface (camcorder)
    - Various Camera fixes
    - Squashed BT commits from CM
    - Added net stats to system bar (tabletUI)
    - Xposed persistance support
    - Removed LCD Density / UI mode (RC)
    - Add MVNO field for APN Editor
    - Fixed bug where user could not uninstall launchers
    - Fixed SmsCallService Wakelock
    - Improve app op details layout / Make app ops more usable

- Check github / gerrit for a more complete changelog

etlJ6Ly.png

DOWNLOAD LINK for 4.3 - http://teamdirt.me/showthread.php?152-ROM-Team-D-I-R-T-Dirty-Unicorns-4-3

4.3 GAPPS - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490000124

If you wish to run the 4.2.2 build, check out this thread - http://teamdirt.me/showthread.php?143-ROM-Team-D-I-R-T-Dirty-Unicorns-4-2-2&p=1237

Check out our source at Github @ https://github.com/DU-Final
    Check out our gerrit review @ http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR ANY VERSION OF THIS ROM!
    - IF THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH THE LINKS, JUST LET ME KNOW!
    I see a lot of complaints in this thread. Since I guess most of you haven't been following the 3.4 kernel development, I figure I'll share some info with you. Let me first mention that I am in no way a developer or part of the development team. I just happen to be "in the know."

The data drops everyone is talking about - this isn't related to the kernel specifically, but during CM development for the One, some changes/updates were made that negatively impacted the Jewel. deck is currently looking into fixing this issue, so hopefully signal will be restored to the way it should be, including proper handoffs. Once that is done, everyone should be able to benefit from the fix.

Currently, the 3.4 kernel source in the CM repo includes a commit that is causing random reboots. The commit is very large and will take some time to sift through. In the meantime, deck has forked the source on his github and has slowly been fixing things. If you want a ROM without random reboots for the time being, using that kernel source is the best bet. For people that are already running the ROM, I extracted the boot.img and modules from his latest release into a flashable zip here. It can also be flashed using Flash Image GUI.

Hopefully this gives you some insight into where things are and restores some of your faith in the device. Development continues, and I'm sure there will be a time when everything on AOSP is working 100%.

P.S. The 3.4 kernel was also updated to work with the 3.16 touch panel firmware - so that is no longer an issue, and you may update if you'd like.
    ROM updated to v3.5

Check OP for changelog and stuff :)

ENJOY!!!
    Hey @Joey121215 ....

HIqhiWT.png

I had to get dastin to set me straight last night but NOW I can see why everyone was pushing for this kernel, everything just seems a lot smoother on it :)

I'm gonna do a few things on the ROM side and I'll upload it once I'm done.....
    Reserved for future use....