Thanks Meter 11053
Join Date: May 2012
DONATE TO ME
[DEV][ROM] HTC Sense 5 for US SGS3 [4.1.2][ALPHA][WIP]
If you came here by way of an online article, DO NOT FLASH UNLESS YOU HAVE A US CARRIER SPECIFIC SGS3. This WILL brick your device if you have the i9300 or i9305.
Ok, so I'm gonna cut to the chase here. Sense 5 for the US S3.
"This just got real".
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
* which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
Note: This is NOT a theme, it is the actual HTC One ROM.
Note 2 (haha, note 2): If you were linked here and have one of the carrier
versions of the S3, then you CAN
flash this without any risks or issues (without any additional risks or issues as if a Sprint user were flashing), as the partitions and specs are the same between the three carriers.
I have decided to release this as a community WIP so that all of our great developers can get their hands dirty with this. I would like to collaborate with everyone to get this ROM as close to 100% functional as possible.
I do not require that you be "recognized" as ANYTHING on xda for you to help with the development of this ROM. I only ask that you know that you are doing (or take the time to look things up) because I expect this ROM to be moving quickly and explanations have no place here. Use google if you have questions.
- Download the rom and flash
- First boot APPEARS to get "stuck" on the last image of the boot animation. This is normal. In the background the apps are being odexed by the system.
- Skip through the ENTIRE setup. It's not important.
- For keyboard to work, swipe the Input Notification from the status bar and set "Hardware keyboard" to OFF
- Enjoy! Any comments/thank you's/etc in the Discussion thread only please!
Internal AND external sdcard! Thanks to @brickzpapi for confirmation!
Keyboard: Disable hardware keyboard from input notification
Graphical issues and reboots fixed - see 6.13.13 changelog
App sizes (woot, no resizing necessary)
Storage mounting to computer (internal+ external)
DO NOT POST BUGS UNLESS IT IS A GRAPHICAL ISSUE
- The CM Team - for CM10 boot.img (modified for Sense).
- CM Team - Kernel. Source can be found here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...nel_samsung_d2
- HTC - For providing a beautiful UI
- Google - For AOSP source
- xboxfanj - This dude is a boss. Cannot thank him enough for all the help and advice as I struggled through.
- jianC - Modified boot.img and logcat help, also a boss.
- -viperboy- and team for the original port to the EVO LTE. Also for the stock deodexed HTC One rom. The port to the EVO LTE can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2185699
: If you would like to donate to me, please instead forward your donation to one of the people/teams mentioned above. Thank you.
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!