Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moonshine S-OFF for HTC First

Tip us?

globatron
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2047

DONATE TO ME
Default Moonshine S-OFF for HTC First

Moonshine is now available for the HTC First.

http://moonshine.io/

For support please go to our IRC support channel #moonshiners on the freenode network.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to globatron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmz
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4227

DONATE TO ME
Confirmed working. I was the guinea pig

This also causes system write protection to be disabled.
If you like my work feel free to donate
Follow me on Twitter

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jmz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisliphart
Old
(Last edited by chrisliphart; 13th June 2013 at 03:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 110
Will this work on JMZ's Sense ROM, since it's stock-based? Also, does this wipe the phone like what happens when you unlock the bootloader?

EDIT:
Never mind! Answered my own question by being over-excited and impatient. Yes, it'll work on JMZ's Sense ROM, and no, it doesn't wipe anything.
Samsung Galaxy S5 (T-Mobile): Stock Rooted

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the Thanks button!
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisliphart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RCon227
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I noticed that the zip says 1.08 and I never did the update. Will this work if I'm still running on 1.05 or do I need to find a way to get the 1.08 update first?

steezee
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCon227 View Post
I noticed that the zip says 1.08 and I never did the update. Will this work if I'm still running on 1.05 or do I need to find a way to get the 1.08 update first?
They say it's not supported, it seems like the previous poster had luck using a different ROM but I would do the update just incase, I believe you want to have the proper version of Hboot and other things like that for this to work properly... Better safe than sorry
The Following User Says Thank You to steezee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RCon227
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezee View Post
They say it's not supported, it seems like the previous poster had luck using a different ROM but I would do the update just incase, I believe you want to have the proper version of Hboot and other things like that for this to work properly... Better safe than sorry
Thanks. I figured I'd probably have to do so. When I had the One X I flashed over a different version of Hboot and got lucky that it still worked but yeah, I'd much rather be safe than sorry.

chrisliphart
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezee View Post
JMZ's Sense ROM is based on 1.08, which is why it worked. I agree that I wouldn't try to do it on 1.05.
Samsung Galaxy S5 (T-Mobile): Stock Rooted

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the Thanks button!

HarryCustom
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisliphart View Post
JMZ's Sense ROM is based on 1.08, which is why it worked. I agree that I wouldn't try to do it on 1.05.
My experience: tried with JMZ three times but the first time the dos prompt closed itself, the second and third cmd said that there was a problem with adb connection. Rechecked instructions and I've noticed that they say "Ensure that lock screen security is disabled on your device", so I've tried to disable it, but the ring is always active even if i select none.
At this point I have restored a Nandroid backup of the stock rom and tryed again and it has worked like a charm!

RCon227
Old
Thanks Meter 19
So, I've tried to run this twice now and both times I've gotten to a point after "Test 3: Rebooting into bootloader" it starts running through a bunch of dots.

Ex.

.................................................. ..........

And it just keeps going on and on. Is it supposed to be doing that or have a I messed up somewhere along the way?

24ky
Old
Thanks Meter 1180

DONATE TO ME
Yeah I just got this device, can this s-off method work for 1.05 base ?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda premium

[CENTER]Want to help? Want to keep Kickdroid going? Buy me a beer, help a thirsty fella while he works for you