OP globatron

13th June 2013, 11:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place
Thanks Meter: 2,050

1,436 posts
Donate to Me
More
Moonshine is now available for the HTC First.

http://moonshine.io/

For support please go to our IRC support channel #moonshiners on the freenode network.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to globatron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2013, 11:46 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Virginia Beach
Thanks Meter: 4,259

3,483 posts
Donate to Me
More
Confirmed working. I was the guinea pig

This also causes system write protection to be disabled.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jmz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2013, 03:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 110

457 posts
More
Will this work on JMZ's Sense ROM, since it's stock-based? Also, does this wipe the phone like what happens when you unlock the bootloader?

EDIT:
Never mind! Answered my own question by being over-excited and impatient. Yes, it'll work on JMZ's Sense ROM, and no, it doesn't wipe anything.
Last edited by chrisliphart; 13th June 2013 at 03:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisliphart For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2013, 07:08 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 19

80 posts
I noticed that the zip says 1.08 and I never did the update. Will this work if I'm still running on 1.05 or do I need to find a way to get the 1.08 update first?
13th June 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 58

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCon227

I noticed that the zip says 1.08 and I never did the update. Will this work if I'm still running on 1.05 or do I need to find a way to get the 1.08 update first?

They say it's not supported, it seems like the previous poster had luck using a different ROM but I would do the update just incase, I believe you want to have the proper version of Hboot and other things like that for this to work properly... Better safe than sorry
The Following User Says Thank You to steezee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #6  

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezee

They say it's not supported, it seems like the previous poster had luck using a different ROM but I would do the update just incase, I believe you want to have the proper version of Hboot and other things like that for this to work properly... Better safe than sorry

Thanks. I figured I'd probably have to do so. When I had the One X I flashed over a different version of Hboot and got lucky that it still worked but yeah, I'd much rather be safe than sorry.
13th June 2013, 08:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 110

457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezee

JMZ's Sense ROM is based on 1.08, which is why it worked. I agree that I wouldn't try to do it on 1.05.
13th June 2013, 10:49 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisliphart

JMZ's Sense ROM is based on 1.08, which is why it worked. I agree that I wouldn't try to do it on 1.05.

My experience: tried with JMZ three times but the first time the dos prompt closed itself, the second and third cmd said that there was a problem with adb connection. Rechecked instructions and I've noticed that they say "Ensure that lock screen security is disabled on your device", so I've tried to disable it, but the ring is always active even if i select none.
At this point I have restored a Nandroid backup of the stock rom and tryed again and it has worked like a charm!
14th June 2013, 01:43 AM   |  #9  

80 posts
So, I've tried to run this twice now and both times I've gotten to a point after "Test 3: Rebooting into bootloader" it starts running through a bunch of dots.

Ex.

.................................................. ..........

And it just keeps going on and on. Is it supposed to be doing that or have a I messed up somewhere along the way?
14th June 2013, 04:24 AM   |  #10  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 1,199

1,597 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah I just got this device, can this s-off method work for 1.05 base ?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread