Phone Pad/Keyboard sometimes disappears

Search This thread
R

r scott

Hi folks,

I've noticed a weird problem on my new Jam over the last couple of days. Sometimes when entering text e.g email, text msg, instant messenger etc.. if I select the Phone Pad option a blank screen appears. If I then choose Keypad the same blank screen appears.

Performing a soft-reset clears the problem as has occasionally closing all windows and starting again.

Has anyone else experienced this ??

Regards,
Russ.

snorbaard

Apr 20, 2004
Johannesburg
I have exactly the same problem!

The problem only happens when changing between Intellipad and another input method.
A couple of people are experiencing the same thing, but they're attributing the problem to Microsoft Voice Command 1.5 (which I don't have),

I have made Intellipad my default Input method, so I can type sms' if I have to, but the moment I change to another input method (Fitaly), I'm stuck with the non-intellipad methods. If I try to select Intellipad, I lose all input methods, getting the blank box, which only a soft reset will cure.

ujj75

Dec 16, 2004
New Delhi, INDIA
HI!

I have been facing the same problem too. The blank screen appears and only a soft reset does the trick. At times when I try switching between the keyboard and phoen pad....the phone pad does not come on and it remains stuck on the keyboard.....and again only a soft reset makes it work.

U

snorbaard

Apr 20, 2004
Johannesburg
This may be premature, but my problem seems to have disappeared..
Yesterday I downloaded and ran Sin's WM 2003SE 2.02 and 2.06 combined update on my XDA II (after having run Mysteryman's update since it came out), and it *looks* like the problem is gone..
:D

And I get proper headset support thrown in to boot! Yay!

sheggario

Sep 3, 2004
Jakarta
Software crash

I had this problem before when I was using my XDA2.. (WM2003SE upgraded)

So far i can think of, the reason might be a software crash.. on mine is pocketbreeze..

hard reset your device, don't install anything, see how it goes. If its working, install 1 software per week, and see which software is causing this..

now i'm using mini and haven't install pocketbreeze, and haven't lost the phone pad for 3 days! :)

hope it helps..

sheggario

Rayan

Feb 24, 2004
Baja
www.youtube.com
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
I think I finally found a solution...

On my MDA2 (XDA2) I have installed Microsoft Voice Command 1.5 and I think this is causing problems with the Intellipad (Phonepad) application. To fix this you only need to disable VC from the Settings screen (uncheck Voice Command), once you do that, you will be able to get your Intellipad functional again (as long as you don't get the empty keyboard, in which case you need to soft-reset).

If I'm on the road and need Voice Command, I just click on my hardware button to call it, however, it will take a few seconds to start it up (since it was disabled) but VC it will work as usual after that.

Eventually I will get the Intellpad problem again (since VC is reactivated) and need to redo the whole VC Disable thing.

I hope this works for you....

Best regards,
Rayan

s0niqu3

Feb 23, 2005
I've tried both installing and uninstalling spb pocket plus, and the enabling and disabling of voice command, and there seems to be no real rhyme or reason to the disappearance.

That being said, I have noticed that it tends to start disappearing when my "program" memory drops to around the 10mb mark. I've experimented with freeing running memory, and usually if I free around 5mb or so, it starts working again, but this is not conclusive.