Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Humble Bundle OUYA Compatibility List | Humble Bundle Android 8

Tip us?

EarthBoundX5
Old
(Last edited by EarthBoundX5; 6th January 2014 at 06:49 PM.) Reason: added humble bundle pc and android 8
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Humble Bundle OUYA Compatibility List | Humble Bundle Android 8

EDIT: Once, or rather if, the gamestick gets end user legitimate support for sideloading, would anyone like me to go back through the list and do more testing on that device?

Since I've bought every Humble Bundle (excluding some weeklys), I figured I'd go through all the available Android games from them and check their compatibility with the OUYA.

So here is the list of all the games I tried (installed using the Humble Bundle App) and the results... Games listed as being playable with the touchpad would obviously work better using a mouse, but based on my opinion, I felt they were at least functional with the touchpad.

100% compatibility (given OUYA redemption key)
Towerfall - For Sale via Humble Store

Runs and works with Controller(s)
Anodyne (Continue and Back Button are Mapped to same button...could be problematic...) [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Another World (Tapping Middle Button brings menu up, but then quickly goes to title)
Canabalt (Humble v1.1, OUYA v2.02)
Dynamite Jack (Need to manually set button controls)
EDGE - Classic
EDGE - Extended
Incredipede [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Metal Slug 3 (Not playable with Xbox 360 Controller) (Unable to Use Credits/Continue After Death)
Raiden Legacy (Not playable with Xbox 360 Controller)
Solar 2
Super Hexagon
The Bard's Tale [ADDED 10/20/2013] (Reported incompatibility with wireless Logitech controllers)
Time Surfer (EVEN SHOWS UP IN PLAY SECTION) [ADDED 10/20/2013]

Runs and Playable with Touchpad or Mouse
Anomaly Korea
Anomaly Warzone: Mobile Campaign
Broken Sword: Director's Cut [ADDED 06/18/2013]
Cogs
Contre Jour
Desert Bus [ADDED 12/02/2013]
EPOCH [ADDED 12/02/2013] (Difficult, but doable; mouse recommended)
Fieldrunners
Frozen Synapse (beta) (Unable to zoom) [ADDED 06/18/2013]
Gemini Rue [ADDED 12/30/2013]
Greed Corp [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Hero Academy [ADDED 12/30/2013]
Kingdom Rush [ADDED 12/02/2013]
Little Inferno [ADDED 12/30/2013]
Machinarium (Mobile (>1024x600)) (must make fast touch movements for such a large play area)
McPixel [ADDED 06/26/2013]
Osmos (Mobile)
Plants vs. Zombies
rymdkapsel [ADDED 12/02/2013] (Only shows up in Humble Bundle App for launching, Warns that it requires Google Play Services, works fine without)
Sleepwalker's Journey [ADDED 06/18/2013]
SpellTower [ADDED 12/02/2013]
Spirits
Splice
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Swords & Soldiers HD
Ticket to Ride [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Waking Mars
World Of Goo
Zen Bound 2
Avadon: The Black Fortress (Tablet)*
Machinarium (Tablet (>1280x800))*
Osmos (Tablet (>8"))*
SpaceChem (Tablet (>5"))*
Uplink (Tablet (> 7"))*

Runs, but very difficult or impossible to play with Touchpad
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome [ADDED 12/30/2013]
Aquaria [ADDED 06/18/2013] (Reportedly working as of 10/20/2013)
BIT.TRIP BEAT (Possibly Playable with Mouse)
Beat Hazard Ultra (Possibly Playable with Mouse)
Bloons TD 5 (Possibly Playable with Mouse) [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Carmageddon [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Crayon Physics Deluxe (Possibly Playable with Mouse)
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Eufloria HD (Possibly Playable with Mouse)
Fractal [ADDED 06/18/2013]
Funky Smugglers (Possibly Playable with Mouse)
Hundreds [ADDED 12/02/2013] (Is possible, but warning of multi touch support makes it potentially difficult in later rounds)
Jack Lumber [ADDED 12/30/2013]
Karateka Classic [ADDED 10/20/2013]
NightSky (Possibly Playable with Mouse)
Organ Trail (Humble v1.6.6.3, OUYA v1.6) [ADDED 06/18/2013]
Pulse* [ADDED 06/18/2013]
Punch Quest [ADDED 10/20/2013]
QWOP [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Ridiculous Fishing [ADDED 12/02/2013] (requires motion control)
Serious Sam Kamikaze Attack
Smuggle Truck
Snuggle Truck
Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor [ADDED 12/02/2013]
Star Command (Possibly Playable with Mouse) [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Stealth Bastard Deluxe (Works with OUYA controller, for Left/Right/Down...but no jump; does not work with 360) [ADDED 06/18/2013]
Swordigo [ADDED 12/02/2013]
The Room
Worms 2: Armageddon [ADDED 10/20/2013]

Unable to Start
Anomaly 2 [ADDED 12/30/2013]
Bad Hotel [ADDED 12/30/2013]
Bladeslinger (Loops while loading)
God of Blades (Does not take touchpad as tap to start) [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Ravensword: Shadowlands (Cannot select anything when prompted to use detected controller...) [ADDED 10/20/2013]
Toki Tori (Kicks back to home screen)

To Be Tested
///

*Listed by Humble Bundle App as Unsupported

Sorry if this list is a bit strange to some, I just felt it was the best way to display the information for any person regardless of technical expertise...and if I missed any Humble Bundle games, let me know or post your own results and I'll add them to the list.

And for reference, here is the information from the Humble Bundle App. Additionally, these were all tested on the OUYA 1.0.5 firmware. Note, that subsequent testing will always be done on latest OUYA firmware, despite this information.
Code:
Select Code
Device Model          OUYA Console
Humble App Version    1.3.3
OS Version            4.1.2
Screen Layout         large
Screen Width          1920
Screen Height         1080
I've also gone ahead and posted this list at the following locations...
CAG
OUYA Forums
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EarthBoundX5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TadeoNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 53
How did you get a game started in Raiden Legacy? I tried it out a few days ago, but couldn't get one started.

I hope some of these devs add controller support in the upcoming months.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

EarthBoundX5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadeoNYC View Post
How did you get a game started in Raiden Legacy? I tried it out a few days ago, but couldn't get one started.

I hope some of these devs add controller support in the upcoming months.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Just like with most other games, use the touchpad/mouse to select the given Raiden game you want to play. A double-tap will select the game, and a double-tap + hold and drag will very difficultly let you scroll between games.

Once in game, controls only seem to function with the OUYA controller (vs Xbox 360 controller), and only with the D-Pad.

TadeoNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBoundX5 View Post
Just like with most other games, use the touchpad/mouse to select the given Raiden game you want to play. A double-tap will select the game, and a double-tap + hold and drag will very difficultly let you scroll between games.

Once in game, controls only seem to function with the OUYA controller (vs Xbox 360 controller), and only with the D-Pad.
I'll give it a try again, I don't recall having to double tap any game menus in any other games. If it was like most other games then it wouldn't have been an issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dibblebill
Old
Thanks Meter 644
Thanks for the complete list. I'd compiled about an identical list myself but didn't think of sharing it since I only had one Humble Bundle and you have that one listed.
Lord of the Snark™
ROM's:
Tempest [OmniROM] 4.4 (Manta) (m7att)

iNdioNicarao
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Sent from my OUYA Console using xda premium Thanks for taking the time to do this!

EarthBoundX5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadeoNYC View Post
I'll give it a try again, I don't recall having to double tap any game menus in any other games. If it was like most other games then it wouldn't have been an issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I only meant most games as in most Humble Bundle games, alot of them I tested needed double tapping. Anyways, were you able to get a game started now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibblebill View Post
Thanks for the complete list. I'd compiled about an identical list myself but didn't think of sharing it since I only had one Humble Bundle and you have that one listed.
Thanks, and ya, I figured since I had most every Humble Bundle I should take advantage and test everything so no one else has too. And speaking of the bundles, would it be helpful to list the specific bundles I have, and thus this list applies to? I only say because I might be missing something just because I've skipped a few weekly bundles (for example, the current weekly I've yet to get, and it includes Sleepwalker’s Journey, which I've not tested).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNdioNicarao View Post
Sent from my OUYA Console using xda premium Thanks for taking the time to do this!
Thanks, and no problem, figured it will help save alot of people time figuring out what works.
The Following User Says Thank You to EarthBoundX5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dibblebill
Old
Thanks Meter 644
Quote:
I only meant most games as in most Humble Bundle games, alot of them I tested needed double tapping. Anyways, were you able to get a game started now?

Thanks, and ya, I figured since I had most every Humble Bundle I should take advantage and test everything so no one else has too. And speaking of the bundles, would it be helpful to list the specific bundles I have, and thus this list applies to? I only say because I might be missing something just because I've skipped a few weekly bundles (for example, the current weekly I've yet to get, and it includes Sleepwalker’s Journey, which I've not tested).

Thanks, and no problem, figured it will help save alot of people time figuring out what works.
Maybe. I just have the bundle with Beat Hazard

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Lord of the Snark™
ROM's:
Tempest [OmniROM] 4.4 (Manta) (m7att)

EarthBoundX5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
updated with current weekly bundle and Humble Bundle with Android 6
The Following User Says Thank You to EarthBoundX5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slapo12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
updated with current weekly bundle and Humble Bundle with Android 6

I have a good number of humble bundles as well, and I really appreciate the compilation of this list. I just tried Metal Slug3 as the first game, but I couldn't seem to figure out what correlates to the "start" button on the ouya controller. Once you die, you should be able to press the equivalent of "start" to continue, but I can't seem to figure out what to press