[ROM] v5.00 - PIE CONTROL - SentinelROM Sense Edition - Fast, Stable, - 3.17.401.2

Search This thread

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
sentinelrom.png

sentinelrombanner.jpg

Welcome to SentinelROM Sense Edition for HTC One - M7.

This ROM is compatible with the following models: International GSM/LTE (UL), International GSM (U), all U.S. carriers (apart from Sprint)

SentinelROM is one of the most popular ROMs for Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Nexus 4,HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy SIII and Galaxy Note 2, and after weeks of hard work and optimisation, I am happy to release it for HTC One - M7.

I recently purchased a HTC One for the sole purpose of developing ROMs for it, so I look forward to growing and developing the ROM with your input over time. the ROM will go in whatever direction you guys, the users decide. I regularly post polls on my Facebook page to gauge interest in new features, UI design, etc, so make sure you follow us on Facebook to have your say!

Read what people are saying about SentinelROM.

VIDEO OVERVIEW

m7home.png

This HTC Sense Edition of SentinelROM is based on mike1986's HTC One Stock ROM with permission, and includes a suite of enhancements on top of the base ROM., plus the following features.
  • Zip Aligned
  • Rooted
  • Deodexed
  • Insecure boot.img
  • Aroma installer (Performance tweaks, select HTC apps)
  • LMT Pie Controls
  • Advanced Power Menu
  • Exposed Framework
  • Sense 5 Toolbox
  • Improved Web Browsing performance
  • Improved 3D gaming performance
  • Incredible battery life
  • AOSP/SENSE Hybrid theming and UI customisation
  • FAST support via this page and our Facebook Page
________________________​

details.png

This ROM has been built to enhance the stock HTC Sense 5 experience, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!) and best of all, extreme battery life.

Countless hours have been spent making tweaks to settings to squeeze the most performance I can find out of this ROM while still providing excellent battery life and without the dangers of overclocking and kernel level tweaking.

I've also cleaned up the UI a lot. So those of you who love the look and feel of an AOSP ROM, but with HTC Sense 5 features, this is for you!

screenshots.png

m7pie.png

sense4_00batt.jpg

bugs.png

None that I am aware of. All bugs fixed in version 1.10 :)

installation.png

If installing for the first time:

To install this ROM you will need to have an HTC-DEV Unlocked or S-OFF bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed.

1. Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
  2. Boot into your custom recovery
  3. Back up your stock ROM
  4. Enter custom recovery
  5. Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
  6. Format System Partition
  7. Install the ROM
  8. Follow the AROMA Installer to customise your installation
  9. Reboot. First boot can take up to 5 minutes.

NOTE: You should see the SentinelROM boot screen within 15 seconds of booting apst the bootloader. If the initial boot hangs on a black screen, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to reboot.

If upgrading from a previous version of this ROM, read the instructions provided in the changelog in post 2.

Note: Use of titanium backup to restore apps and data from another ROM is not recommended, and is the source of 90% of user issues, especially when it comes to battery life. Do so at your own risk.

titaniumbackup.jpg

You may flash other kernels as you wish via recovery. Remember to also flash the correct libraries for any 3rd party kernels. Instructions will be given by the Kernel author.

credits.png

• Thanks very much to all the supporters of SentinelROM and the SentinelROM community on XDA and Facebook
  • Mike1986 for his outstanding work and service to the XDA Community, for the stock base ROM, assistance with support for M7 variants and for additional scripts
  • HTC for finally releasing a version of Sense worth keeping
  • The XDA Community for all your wonderful ideas, many of which have inspired parts of SentinelROM
  • The AROMA Installer Team
  • The TrickDroid Team - I had a few issues getting AROMA to work among other things and your code helped me figure it out. Awesome ROM!
  • Noname86 for allowing me to customise his LMT application for use in my ROMs.
  • flar2 for module to disable system R/W protection
  • ZeroInfinity for PureXAudio mod
  • rovo89 for Xposed Framework

downloads.png

22/09/13:
SentinelROM Sense Edition v5.00 - Changelog below - 3.17.401.2 base - Android 4.3

Remember to check my FAQ's for the answer to any questions before you ask here in the thread. Chances are it's already been answered...

Please don't forget to hit the Thanks button too :)

faqs.png

Please visit my FAQ's page before asking questions in the thread. Chances are the answer is already there! I'm always happy to help out with any other questions.

I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, please consider a donation.. Donations go towards flowers for my wife so she lets me keep developing!

XDA:DevDB Information
SentinelROM Sense Edition, a ROM for the HTC One

Contributors
Sentinel196
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.00
Stable Release Date: 2013-09-22

Created 2013-09-21
Last Updated 2013-09-21

Last edited:

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
changelog.png

New development, announcements and pipeline work will be posted on our Facebook page, so be sure to 'like' us if you like SentinelROM :)

22/09/2013:-
v5.00 -
*New ROM base – 3.17.401.2
*Android 4.3
*ROM completely rebuilt from scratch for new base
*Added Sense 5 Toolbox v2.0 – Modified with permission for SentinelROM
*Added multilingual keyboards
*Added a bunch of new customisation options when installing:
*Enable OpenVPN Support
*Seeder
*Remove 3 dot menu
*Enable SQLite
*Ad Blocker
*Disable Exchange Security
*Disable Fast Dormancy
*Enable NFC when Screen is off
*Enable SMS Max Limit Mod
*Disable PowerSaver Notification
*Disable HTCs Screenshot Feature

NOTE: If you haven't already, I recommend upgrading to the latest 2.24 firmware, although it's not required. Instructions to do so are available here thanks to Mike1986

12/09/2013:-
v4.00 -
*New ROM base - 3.09.401.1 - Android 4.3
*Significantly improved battery life again - I'm getting 4 days!
*AROMA Installer 2.70B - No more feezing while installing
*Added Sense 5 Toolbox

NOTE: If you haven't already, I recommend upgrading to the latest 2.24 firmware, although it's not required. Instructions to do so are available here thanks to Mike1986

09/07/2013:-
v3.00 -
*New ROM base - 2.24.401.1
*Significantly improved battery life
*Added Xposed Framework (AROMA OPTIONAL)
*Added Vaccuum and Reindex scripts on boot (AROMA OPTIONAL)
*Added PureXSound mod (AROMA OPTIONAL)
*Additional UI tweaks and theming
*New boot and shutdown animations

NOTE: I recommend upgrading to the latest 2.24 firmware, although it's not required. Instructions to do so are available here thanks to Mike1986

NOTE: A complete wipe is required when upgrading from a previous version, or a different ROM. I recommend using HTC Restore to restore apps. You can use Titanium Backup to restore NON SYSTEM app data. Instructions here

25/06/2013:-
v2.00 -
*New ROM base - 2.19.401.1
*Additional tweaks to further improve battery life

NOTE: Wipe your Dalvik Cache, System Cache and Wipe your System Partition before installing. there is no need to wipe your data if upgrading from V1.00 or V1.10 - Instructions here

20/06/2013:-
v1.10 -
*Fixed occasional black screen hang when booting
*Fixed occasional issue with power button not locking device
*Updated launcher (PRISM.APK)

NOTE: Wipe your Dalvik Cache, System Cache and Wipe your System Partition before installing. there is no need to wipe your data if upgrading from V1.00 - Instructions here

17/06/2013:-
v1.00 - Initial Release

Last edited:

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
Good to see you here too man, good luck with this project :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Thanks mate. I wasn't originally intending to do a Sense ROM for HTC One, but I've been so impressed by it so far that I decided to give it a shot.

I'm also working on releasing my usual CyanogenMod based SentinelROM for this device and hope to release very soon.

I believe this is currently the best phone on the market and am very excited to be a part of the action. Especailly with some already very well established Sense ROMs like ARHD and Trick floating around.

Enjoy the ROM :)

aamitabh28

Oct 9, 2012
Welcome sentinel! Will test and report soon!

@denny

Jan 12, 2012
ireland
Up and running...so far so good. Nice Rom really quick and smooth...thank you:)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Sentinel196

the_maker

Jun 22, 2007
Republic of Macedonia
Thanks mate. I wasn't originally intending to do a Sense ROM for HTC One, but I've been so impressed by it so far that I decided to give it a shot.

I'm also working on releasing my usual CyanogenMod based SentinelROM for this device and hope to release very soon.

I believe this is currently the best phone on the market and am very excited to be a part of the action. Especailly with some already very well established Sense ROMs like ARHD and Trick floating around.

Enjoy the ROM :)

Htc has improved Sense a lot.. So now we don't have to turn to any derivate of Aosp for speed and usability.. Stock rom can be modified to be damn fast too :)

We will wait for the original HTC Nexus experience to use it as a good base with good kernel and drivers to make the perfect Aosp.. until then, we kick some sense into ONE ;)

ryryzz

Jan 23, 2010
this is what I have been wanting for, a mix of AOSP and Sense 5. Will flash it on my device and see how it's going.
Just a little request is that can you add loud mod (xloud, or something similar) as option? I kinda miss the loudness on InsertCoin and Rayglobe

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
this is what I have been wanting for, a mix of AOSP and Sense 5. Will flash it on my device and see how it's going.
Just a little request is that can you add loud mod (xloud, or something similar) as option? I kinda miss the loudness on InsertCoin and Rayglobe

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

mcrane1981

Mar 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Well........ Yesterday I'd convinced myself to stick with TrickDroid after trying all other sense Roms, but wake up to discover Sentinel Rom. Thought I'd give it a go, and WOW. What a great Rom. Well done mate and thank you. Pie control is a seriously good and very handy touch too! Making app navigation etc much easier! For me, this is by far the smoothest Rom (battery life is yet to be tested over the next few days). There's obviously other great Roms out there too; TrickDroid, ARHD, etc, but honestly guys......... I would recommend giving this bad boy a shot. Cheers Dev, and keep up the good work.

Sent from my HTC Sentinel powered ONE using XDA Premium HD app

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
Well........ Yesterday I'd convinced myself to stick with TrickDroid after trying all other sense Roms, but wake up to discover Sentinel Rom. Thought I'd give it a go, and WOW. What a great Rom. Well done mate and thank you. Pie control is a seriously good and very handy touch too! Making app navigation etc much easier! For me, this is by far the smoothest Rom (battery life is yet to be tested over the next few days). There's obviously other great Roms out there too; TrickDroid, ARHD, etc, but honestly guys......... I would recommend giving this bad boy a shot. Cheers Dev, and keep up the good work.

Sent from my HTC Sentinel powered ONE using XDA Premium HD app

No worries!

Pie controls works really well if you set it to "bottom" and slide your finger up from the HTC logo beneath the screen, like in the screenshot in the OP.

How are you guys finding it visually so far?

mcrane1981

Mar 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
No worries!

Pie controls works really well if you set it to "bottom" and slide your finger up from the HTC logo beneath the screen, like in the screenshot in the OP.

How are you guys finding it visually so far?

Yeah already set I up from the HTC logo, so it works like the logo to menu on the old 1.29 custom kernels. Yet with the bonus of added extras. Visuals are nice too, especially on the EPM. Nice touch on the app draw button too. Would like EPM style on EQS in future updates if possible.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah already set I up from the HTC logo, so it works like the logo to menu on the old 1.29 custom kernels. Yet with the bonus of added extras. Visuals are nice too, especially on the EPM. Nice touch on the app draw button too. Would like EPM style on EQS in future updates if possible.

Yeah. I wanted to gauge the response to my logos in the EPM before adding similar to the EQS. I'll probably go ahead and do that for the next release. :)

mcrane1981

Mar 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yeah. I wanted to gauge the response to my logos in the EPM before adding similar to the EQS. I'll probably go ahead and do that for the next release. :)

Yeah do it lol. One thing I have noticed, is that the free ram on the pie status info seems to be wrong. It's saying I only have 80mb free but all in one toolbox is saying over 600mb? Only a small thing that doesn't really matter, but you know what some people can be like with their ocd lol.

Reactions: Sentinel196

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sentinelrom.png

sentinelrombanner.jpg

Welcome to SentinelROM Sense Edition for HTC One - M7.

This ROM is compatible with the following models: International GSM/LTE (UL), International GSM (U), all U.S. carriers (apart from Sprint)

SentinelROM is one of the most popular ROMs for Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Nexus 4,HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy SIII and Galaxy Note 2, and after weeks of hard work and optimisation, I am happy to release it for HTC One - M7.

I recently purchased a HTC One for the sole purpose of developing ROMs for it, so I look forward to growing and developing the ROM with your input over time. the ROM will go in whatever direction you guys, the users decide. I regularly post polls on my Facebook page to gauge interest in new features, UI design, etc, so make sure you follow us on Facebook to have your say!

Read what people are saying about SentinelROM.

VIDEO OVERVIEW

m7home.png

This HTC Sense Edition of SentinelROM is based on mike1986's HTC One Stock ROM with permission, and includes a suite of enhancements on top of the base ROM., plus the following features.
    • Zip Aligned
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Insecure boot.img
    • Aroma installer (Performance tweaks, select HTC apps)
    • LMT Pie Controls
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Exposed Framework
    • Sense 5 Toolbox
    • Improved Web Browsing performance
    • Improved 3D gaming performance
    • Incredible battery life
    • AOSP/SENSE Hybrid theming and UI customisation
    • FAST support via this page and our Facebook Page
    ________________________​

details.png

This ROM has been built to enhance the stock HTC Sense 5 experience, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!) and best of all, extreme battery life.

Countless hours have been spent making tweaks to settings to squeeze the most performance I can find out of this ROM while still providing excellent battery life and without the dangers of overclocking and kernel level tweaking.

I've also cleaned up the UI a lot. So those of you who love the look and feel of an AOSP ROM, but with HTC Sense 5 features, this is for you!

screenshots.png

m7pie.png

sense4_00batt.jpg

bugs.png

None that I am aware of. All bugs fixed in version 1.10 :)

installation.png

If installing for the first time:

To install this ROM you will need to have an HTC-DEV Unlocked or S-OFF bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed.

1. Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
    2. Boot into your custom recovery
    3. Back up your stock ROM
    4. Enter custom recovery
    5. Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    6. Format System Partition
    7. Install the ROM
    8. Follow the AROMA Installer to customise your installation
    9. Reboot. First boot can take up to 5 minutes.

NOTE: You should see the SentinelROM boot screen within 15 seconds of booting apst the bootloader. If the initial boot hangs on a black screen, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to reboot.

If upgrading from a previous version of this ROM, read the instructions provided in the changelog in post 2.

Note: Use of titanium backup to restore apps and data from another ROM is not recommended, and is the source of 90% of user issues, especially when it comes to battery life. Do so at your own risk.

titaniumbackup.jpg

You may flash other kernels as you wish via recovery. Remember to also flash the correct libraries for any 3rd party kernels. Instructions will be given by the Kernel author.

credits.png

• Thanks very much to all the supporters of SentinelROM and the SentinelROM community on XDA and Facebook
    • Mike1986 for his outstanding work and service to the XDA Community, for the stock base ROM, assistance with support for M7 variants and for additional scripts
    • HTC for finally releasing a version of Sense worth keeping
    • The XDA Community for all your wonderful ideas, many of which have inspired parts of SentinelROM
    • The AROMA Installer Team
    • The TrickDroid Team - I had a few issues getting AROMA to work among other things and your code helped me figure it out. Awesome ROM!
    • Noname86 for allowing me to customise his LMT application for use in my ROMs.
    • flar2 for module to disable system R/W protection
    • ZeroInfinity for PureXAudio mod
    • rovo89 for Xposed Framework

downloads.png

22/09/13:
    SentinelROM Sense Edition v5.00 - Changelog below - 3.17.401.2 base - Android 4.3

Remember to check my FAQ's for the answer to any questions before you ask here in the thread. Chances are it's already been answered...

Please don't forget to hit the Thanks button too :)

faqs.png

Please visit my FAQ's page before asking questions in the thread. Chances are the answer is already there! I'm always happy to help out with any other questions.

I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, please consider a donation.. Donations go towards flowers for my wife so she lets me keep developing!

XDA:DevDB Information
    SentinelROM Sense Edition, a ROM for the HTC One

Contributors
    Sentinel196
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.00
    Stable Release Date: 2013-09-22

Created 2013-09-21
    Last Updated 2013-09-21
    It's running mind blowingly fast on my device. I can't wait to release it, but I want to wait a little while until I've had a chance to fully test everything and make some how-to videos.

I'm not rushing it. I want it to be perfect as can be.
    changelog.png

New development, announcements and pipeline work will be posted on our Facebook page, so be sure to 'like' us if you like SentinelROM :)

22/09/2013:-
    v5.00 -
    *New ROM base – 3.17.401.2
    *Android 4.3
    *ROM completely rebuilt from scratch for new base
    *Added Sense 5 Toolbox v2.0 – Modified with permission for SentinelROM
    *Added multilingual keyboards
    *Added a bunch of new customisation options when installing:
    *Enable OpenVPN Support
    *Seeder
    *Remove 3 dot menu
    *Enable SQLite
    *Ad Blocker
    *Disable Exchange Security
    *Disable Fast Dormancy
    *Enable NFC when Screen is off
    *Enable SMS Max Limit Mod
    *Disable PowerSaver Notification
    *Disable HTCs Screenshot Feature

12/09/2013:-
    v4.00 -
    *New ROM base - 3.09.401.1 - Android 4.3
    *Significantly improved battery life again - I'm getting 4 days!
    *Added Sense 5 Toolbox

09/07/2013:-
    v3.00 -
    *New ROM base - 2.24.401.1
    *Significantly improved battery life
    *Added Xposed Framework (AROMA OPTIONAL)
    *Added Vaccuum and Reindex scripts on boot (AROMA OPTIONAL)
    *Added PureXSound mod (AROMA OPTIONAL)

NOTE: I recommend upgrading to the latest 2.24 firmware, although it's not required. Instructions to do so are available here thanks to Mike1986

NOTE: A complete wipe is required when upgrading from a previous version, or a different ROM. I recommend using HTC Restore to restore apps. You can use Titanium Backup to restore NON SYSTEM app data. Instructions here

25/06/2013:-
    v2.00 -
    *New ROM base - 2.19.401.1
    *Additional tweaks to further improve battery life

NOTE: Wipe your Dalvik Cache, System Cache and Wipe your System Partition before installing. there is no need to wipe your data if upgrading from V1.00 or V1.10 - Instructions here

20/06/2013:-
    v1.10 -
    *Fixed occasional black screen hang when booting
    *Fixed occasional issue with power button not locking device
    *Updated launcher (PRISM.APK)

NOTE: Wipe your Dalvik Cache, System Cache and Wipe your System Partition before installing. there is no need to wipe your data if upgrading from V1.00 - Instructions here

17/06/2013:-
    v1.00 - Initial Release
    videos.png

Video Overview and Antutu benchmark Result.

Setting up LMT Pie Controls.

Additional Videos to follow.

I'm happy to link to your own reviews in this post so please share them!
    I just updated my firmware to the new 2.24 that was released overnight.

SentinelROM Sense Edition v3.00 (2.24 base) is running nicely on my phone so far, but I still have more things to do before it's ready for release. I'm re-doing the mod structure so it might be a while yet.