[How To] AOSP Lockscreen...

Search This thread

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Give this a read before you begin - [GUIDE] Compiling framework-res without bootloop, and if you've never edited an apk this will be a big help in getting started - [Advice/Guide] APK Modding In 2013 Made Simple...

1. Decompile your framework-res.apk.

2. Go to your layout folder and open keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml then find and change the following lines...

Code:
<com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock android:layout_gravity="right" android:id="@id/time" android:layout_marginTop="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_clockfont_top_margin" android:layout_marginRight="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_right_margin" android:layout_marginBottom="12.0dip">

...to...

Code:
<com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock android:id="@id/time" android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_marginTop="100.dip" android:layout_marginBottom="3.0dip">

...then change this...

Code:
<LinearLayout android:layout_gravity="right" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_marginRight="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_right_margin">

...to this...

Code:
<LinearLayout android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="6.0dip">

...also change this...

Code:
<Button android:layout_gravity="right" android:id="@id/emergencyCallButton" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="4.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="16.0dip" android:text="@string/lockscreen_emergency_call" android:drawableLeft="@drawable/lockscreen_emergency_button" android:drawablePadding="4.0dip" style="?android:attr/buttonBarButtonStyle" />

...to this...

Code:
<Button android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/emergencyCallButton" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="4.0dip" android:text="@string/lockscreen_emergency_call" android:drawableLeft="@drawable/lockscreen_emergency_button" android:drawablePadding="4.0dip" style="?android:attr/buttonBarButtonStyle" />

...then change this...

Code:
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:weightSum="2.0" style="?android:attr/buttonBarStyle">

...to this...

Code:
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:visibility="gone" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:weightSum="2.0" style="?android:attr/buttonBarStyle">

3. Recompile and sign your framework-res.apk

4. Go to system/app and either delete, rename or remove all permissions for UxpNxtLockScreen.apk.

5. Replace your framework-res.apk on your Phone with the new one, reboot, done....

iyk550.png

To also remove the operator logo as I have change this line...

Code:
<TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:textColor="?textColorSecondary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/carrier" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="12.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" />

...to...

Code:
<TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" [B][COLOR="Red"]android:visibility="gone"[/COLOR][/B] android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:textColor="?textColorSecondary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/carrier" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="12.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" />

Last edited:

ankitsxperiago

Mar 2, 2013
Gandhidham
OnePlus 3T
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Re-read the OP, you need to remove the UxpNxtLockScreen.apk for it to work. ;) Upload your framework, and state what ROM you're using and post a link if possible, then when I reupload it People will know what it works on. :)

I'm currently using stock jb from Sony (Xperia Go).I had deleted that apk and I got the stock Google jb lock screen. can u now make it or do u need some thing else, sorry but I can't upload any files!!

boymarley

May 27, 2013
Paris Van Java
thx for your posting, I will try to use it for my XGo Stock ROM JB .100,
if something bad happen i will ask you for helping me :) :p

thx before,

regard,

Boymarley

Little Zed

Nov 13, 2012
Yangon
www.facebook.com
Redmi K30 5G
Worked but a little ugly on music lockscreen. But my phone feels really fast after I did this. Good job bro. Here are my screenshots.

P.S: I love this lockscreen and searching for this. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376906820634.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376906820634.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 539
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376906839012.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376906839012.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 504
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376906857262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376906857262.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 493
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376906872284.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376906872284.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 452
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376906883991.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376906883991.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 460
Reactions: ChinmayKunkikar

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
@XperienceD

are you on ICS? if yes, can you provide me the link for the statusbar in the screenshot or upload it! it looks awesome.
I'm on JB and I'm running full stock at the moment as I'm trying to convert my IceGreen ResMods theme for Xposed so don't have one to share just now, sorry.
Worked but a little ugly on music lockscreen. But my phone feels really fast after I did this. Good job bro. Here are my screenshots.
Try changing, if I remember correctly the keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_clockfont_top_margin size, I had the same issue on 4.1 and changing the dip size sorted it. :)

Little Zed

Nov 13, 2012
Yangon
www.facebook.com
Redmi K30 5G
I'm on JB and I'm running full stock at the moment as I'm trying to convert my IceGreen ResMods theme for Xposed so don't have one to share just now, sorry.

Try changing, if I remember correctly the keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_clockfont_top_margin size, I had the same issue on 4.1 and changing the dip size sorted it. :)

Thank you bro. You are awesome

Reactions: the.ka

Wing00w0

Nov 13, 2011
Puebla
I need your framework as stated, and can you post a screenshot of how it looks on your Phone now so I can see how it looks?

Hi men i'm have an XS with stock JB anyes it wors deleting the UxpNxtLockScreen.apk but it looks bad not only because of the music controls if they where a little more down better, and making the clock go down with the date (and not leaving that big gasp) but the worst is that gray bar under all like if in there will be the soft buttos(the XS does not have them) so can you make the gay bar dissapear and put the clock with the date so the music controls have space??

and one othetthins wile i mantain the AOSP lockscreen i can not change the background is there any way to do it?

Really tellme if can you make it me i'll give you all you need plz

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-10-22-05-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-10-22-05-53.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 301
  • Screenshot_2013-10-10-22-05-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-10-22-05-48.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 295
  • Screenshot_2013-10-10-22-05-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-10-22-05-29.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 273

洛城天使

Apr 1, 2013
Hi men i'm have an XS with stock JB anyes it wors deleting the UxpNxtLockScreen.apk but it looks bad not only because of the music controls if they where a little more down better, and making the clock go down with the date (and not leaving that big gasp) but the worst is that gray bar under all like if in there will be the soft buttos(the XS does not have them) so can you make the gay bar dissapear and put the clock with the date so the music controls have space??

and one othetthins wile i mantain the AOSP lockscreen i can not change the background is there any way to do it?

Really tellme if can you make it me i'll give you all you need plz

Have you solve this problem ? I have the same problem!

sathdor

Sep 3, 2013
Disable vibration

Hi, I'm running Stock JellyBean 4.1.2 V6 by DevSwift. I've recompiled framework-res after editing the lines you suggested and everything is fine...The only thing that annoy me is that I can't disable lockscreen vibration feedback, go any suggestion about that?
I tried to follow some old tutorial which suggested to edit framework.jar, but I can't seem to find the right string to edit, the whole package looks different.
By the way, thanks again for sharing your tips.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Give this a read before you begin - [GUIDE] Compiling framework-res without bootloop, and if you've never edited an apk this will be a big help in getting started - [Advice/Guide] APK Modding In 2013 Made Simple...

1. Decompile your framework-res.apk.

2. Go to your layout folder and open keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml then find and change the following lines...

Code:
    <com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock android:layout_gravity="right" android:id="@id/time" android:layout_marginTop="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_clockfont_top_margin" android:layout_marginRight="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_right_margin" android:layout_marginBottom="12.0dip">

...to...

Code:
    <com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock android:id="@id/time" android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_marginTop="100.dip" android:layout_marginBottom="3.0dip">

...then change this...

Code:
    <LinearLayout android:layout_gravity="right" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_marginRight="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_right_margin">

...to this...

Code:
    <LinearLayout android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="6.0dip">

...also change this...

Code:
    <Button android:layout_gravity="right" android:id="@id/emergencyCallButton" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="4.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="16.0dip" android:text="@string/lockscreen_emergency_call" android:drawableLeft="@drawable/lockscreen_emergency_button" android:drawablePadding="4.0dip" style="?android:attr/buttonBarButtonStyle" />

...to this...

Code:
    <Button android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/emergencyCallButton" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="4.0dip" android:text="@string/lockscreen_emergency_call" android:drawableLeft="@drawable/lockscreen_emergency_button" android:drawablePadding="4.0dip" style="?android:attr/buttonBarButtonStyle" />

...then change this...

Code:
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:weightSum="2.0" style="?android:attr/buttonBarStyle">

...to this...

Code:
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:visibility="gone" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:weightSum="2.0" style="?android:attr/buttonBarStyle">

3. Recompile and sign your framework-res.apk

4. Go to system/app and either delete, rename or remove all permissions for UxpNxtLockScreen.apk.

5. Replace your framework-res.apk on your Phone with the new one, reboot, done....

iyk550.png

To also remove the operator logo as I have change this line...

Code:
    <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:textColor="?textColorSecondary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/carrier" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="12.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" />

...to...

Code:
    <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" [B][COLOR="Red"]android:visibility="gone"[/COLOR][/B] android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:textColor="?textColorSecondary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/carrier" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="12.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" />
    @XperienceD

are you on ICS? if yes, can you provide me the link for the statusbar in the screenshot or upload it! it looks awesome.
    @XperienceD

P.S: I love this lockscreen and searching for this. Thanks in advance.

Thank you bro. You are awesome