[How To Guides] Root,Unroot,CWM,Stock,Hotspot, + Tips!

23rd June 2013, 05:51 AM   |  #1  
Welcome To the Complete Guide for Just About Anything for T-Mobile Galaxy S4!

All These Guides Have Been Brought To you By: AndroidRootz.com and techfanatic9's YouTube Channel. Enjoy, Subscribe, Check out the Site!

I have complied all the guides I have made of my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 and wanted to share it with the Android community. This thread is intended to help you easily find tutorials for your T-Mobile Galaxy S4. All the guides come with a video, complete step-by-step guide, and pictures for each step to make the process easy as possible, I hope you enjoy!

I have personally tested every single guide I include below and they are all working since I tried them!

How to Root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 using ClockworkMod Recovery method

How to Reset Binary Counter/Flash Counter - I HIGHLY recommend you do this before unrooting your device!

How to Unroot T-Mobile Galaxy S4 using Windows

How to Unroot T-Mobile Galaxy S4 - No computer required! (Mobile Odin - Useful for people with a Mac/Linux OS or if you can't get to a Windows computer)

How to install TWRP custom recovery on rooted Galaxy S4

How to do a Nandroid Backup - I HIGHLY recommend you at least do a Nandroid Backup of your "stock" Android ROM so if anything goes wrong while your installing a custom ROM you always have a backup!

Learn how to install a custom ROM! - Take your phone to a new level by learning how to install custom ROMS.

How to get free WiFi tether on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 - I have been using this method for over a year and have never been charged!

How to get Google Wallet on your Galaxy S4! - This guide will show you how to bypass Google's restriction and use the Wallet app on your Galaxy S4!

I really hope this helps you, especially people who are just getting starting into the "technical" side of Android. I will be updating these guides if/when I release more....stay tuned.
Last edited by techfanatic9; 8th July 2013 at 03:56 PM.
The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to techfanatic9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2013, 07:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,102

2,749 posts
Donate to Me
More
Amazing. Thanks yechganatic

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ktetreault14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2013, 04:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,249

3,379 posts
This is Great!
Being new to T-Mobile service and the S4, this will be very helpful to me.

I am Rooted with TWRP and would like to know if my S4 will accept the Port when I most likely port over my number from Verizon in a few days.

Update:
I just installed Wifi tether for Root Users, and it's working perfectly with security encryption WPA2-PSK protocol.
As a note, don't use the Android Wifi tether app with the Green icon.
Use the newer version of the Wifi Tether for Root Users app with the Gray & Yellow icons, version 3.3-beta2
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/
I had installed the Green icon version first and didn't see the option to change the device, so I looked further.
This tip may help others, as I've seen posts in other threads by those installing the older version, saying it isn't working.

PayPal donation sent.
Thanks
Last edited by Biker1; 23rd June 2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Wifi update
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Biker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2013, 06:00 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1

This is Great!
Being new to T-Mobile service and the S4, this will be very helpful to me.

I am Rooted with TWRP and would like to know if my S4 will accept the Port when I most likely port over my number from Verizon in a few days.

Update:
I just installed Wifi tether for Root Users, and it's working perfectly with security encryption WPA2-PSK protocol.
As a note, don't use the Android Wifi tether app with the Green icon.
Use the newer version of the Wifi Tether for Root Users app with the Gray & Yellow icons, version 3.3-beta2
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/
I had installed the Green icon version first and didn't see the option to change the device, so I looked further.
This tip may help others, as I've seen posts in other threads by those installing the older version, saying it isn't working.

PayPal donation sent.
Thanks

Glad you are finding the thread helpful and thank you for the donation!!
23rd June 2013, 06:04 PM   |  #5  

3,379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfanatic9

Glad you are finding the thread helpful and thank you for the donation!!

Anytime
Btw, can my S4 accept the port from Verizon while it's rooted with a custom recovery? Tmo is going to port the phone number over in a few days.
23rd June 2013, 06:13 PM   |  #6  
Quote:

Anytime
Btw, can my S4 accept the port from Verizon while it's rooted with a custom recovery? Tmo is going to port the phone number over in a few days.

Yes from my understanding you should be fine. They should only need to use the T-Mobile sim card and possibly your Verizon sim card. They shouldn't need to use your Galaxy S4 to port over the phone number. Assuming your going to get a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 version.
The Following User Says Thank You to techfanatic9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2013, 06:26 PM   |  #7  

3,379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfanatic9

Yes from my understanding you should be fine. They should only need to use the T-Mobile sim card and possibly your Verizon sim card. They shouldn't need to use your Galaxy S4 to port over the phone number. Assuming your going to get a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 version.

For clarification, I currently have my Verizon S3 active on a Verizon account.
I purchased the S4 on T Mobile yesterday to give it a trial run.
T Mobile issued me a new phone number.
In a few days I'll be porting my Verizon number over to my S4 on Tmo, and closing out my Verizon account, and just wanted to make sure the OTA port will take.
Last edited by Biker1; 23rd June 2013 at 06:30 PM.
23rd June 2013, 08:15 PM   |  #8  
Quote:

For clarification, I currently have my Verizon S3 active on a Verizon account.
I purchased the S4 on T Mobile yesterday to give it a trial run.
T Mobile issued me a new phone number.
In a few days I'll be porting my Verizon number over to my S4 on Tmo, and closing out my Verizon account, and just wanted to make sure the OTA port will take.

I am 90% sure that you will be fine, but if you think you might run into problems you can always unroot your phone, wait for the port, and then re-root your S4.
The Following User Says Thank You to techfanatic9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2013, 10:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag Rocket City No Redneck
Thanks Meter: 7

34 posts
More
you the man!!
Thanks bro, damn you guys r geniuses
23rd June 2013, 11:40 PM   |  #10  

3,379 posts
Been experiencing Wifi tether dropping out after a few minutes of surfing on my pc.
My pc shows connected to the internet, but then it says connected but no internet access.
I removed Encryption in case that was the cause, but the issue still persists.

Turning Wifi Off then On again on the S4 fixes the issue until it happens again.
I thought maybe I was losing 4G LTE connection on my S4 but it showed strong signal bars and Wifi tether was active.
Any ideas?

It just happened again while typing this post.

The Following User Says Thank You to Biker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, galaxy s4, root, tether, unroot
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4 General by ThreadRank