Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S4 i9505 Yellow window, no files in efs folder

Tip us?
 
QuaTiMxi
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Stockholm
Question [Q] Galaxy S4 i9505 Yellow window, no files in efs folder

Hello, im a new to this kind of things. Yesterday I flashed a rom and when I booted the rom up a yellow window poped up, check the attactment how the window looks like. I have tried many solutions on the internet but none of them has worked. My efs folder is also empty, and I didn't make a backup of it i just made a full backup in cwm. I'm hoping that somebody can help me because my S4 is the only phone that I have. Sorry for my bad english.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-23-18-25-14.jpg
Views:	2041
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	2063701  
 
samersh72
Old
(Last edited by samersh72; 23rd June 2013 at 06:07 PM.)
#2  
samersh72's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6834
Posts: 3,425
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Android City
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaTiMxi View Post
Hello, im a new to this kind of things. Yesterday I flashed a rom and when I booted the rom up a yellow window poped up, check the attactment how the window looks like. I have tried many solutions on the internet but none of them has worked. My efs folder is also empty, and I didn't make a backup of it i just made a full backup in cwm. I'm hoping that somebody can help me because my S4 is the only phone that I have. Sorry for my bad english.
Efs folder is not empty.
Use root explorer or file explorer with mount option and do the following:
open file "factorymode" in efs/factoryApp directory, it probabely says "off", change to "on" (yes "on" is the correct setting to turn it off), then save

reboot


sent from my Galaxy
Google Nexus 5: N5 Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505: Unroot, flash official stock
Galaxy S5 G900: EFS Backup / Post your PIT file.
Galaxy Nexus I9250: Gnex Tips & Tricks ////// Odin/Back to stock 4.3 / 4.2.2
Galaxy SIII Mini I8190: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Young S5360: Young Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P: Unroot, Flash official stock
Sony Experia SP C5303 // Sony Experia L C2105
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to samersh72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
QuaTiMxi
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by samersh72 View Post
Efs folder is not empty.
Use root explorer or file explorer with mount option and do the following:
open file "factorymode" in efs/factoryApp directory, it probabely says "off", change to "on" (yes "on" is the correct setting to turn it off), then save

reboot


sent from my Galaxy
I have tried both Root expolorer and root browser none of them dosen't find the files in efs, I have attached some thumbnails of the apps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-23-19-33-55.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	2063843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-23-19-34-09.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	2063844  
 
samersh72
Old
#4  
samersh72's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6834
Posts: 3,425
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Android City
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaTiMxi View Post
I have tried both Root expolorer and root browser none of them dosen't find the files in efs, I have attached some thumbnails of the apps
Can you make a call?.
Any way use this file mansger (go to setting and enable "root explorer" and "mount system folders" ) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...1zb2Z0LmZtIl0.

sent from my Galaxy
Google Nexus 5: N5 Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505: Unroot, flash official stock
Galaxy S5 G900: EFS Backup / Post your PIT file.
Galaxy Nexus I9250: Gnex Tips & Tricks ////// Odin/Back to stock 4.3 / 4.2.2
Galaxy SIII Mini I8190: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Young S5360: Young Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P: Unroot, Flash official stock
Sony Experia SP C5303 // Sony Experia L C2105
The Following User Says Thank You to samersh72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
QuaTiMxi
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Stockholm
I forgot to say that the lockscreen isn't working, when I press the sleep button the phone turns black but when i press it again it won't ask for my lockscreen code. I can't make calls because the mobile network isn't functional. No luck in that file manager either
 
samersh72
Old
#6  
samersh72's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6834
Posts: 3,425
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Android City
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaTiMxi View Post
I forgot to say that the lockscreen isn't working, when I press the sleep button the phone turns black but when i press it again it won't ask for my lockscreen code. I can't make calls because the mobile network isn't functional. No luck in that file manager either
and i think that power menu is gone also...
go to efs/imei folder, and make a file called "keystr" (without " ") (it is probably missing)
open "keystr" file and write "on" (without " " ),save. set permission of the file (all ticked).
But unfortunately, i think that your efs partition is corrupted. You must make a backup for this partition after rooting.
Try to flash stock firmware, some reported that it worked

sent from my Galaxy
Google Nexus 5: N5 Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505: Unroot, flash official stock
Galaxy S5 G900: EFS Backup / Post your PIT file.
Galaxy Nexus I9250: Gnex Tips & Tricks ////// Odin/Back to stock 4.3 / 4.2.2
Galaxy SIII Mini I8190: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Young S5360: Young Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P: Unroot, Flash official stock
Sony Experia SP C5303 // Sony Experia L C2105
The Following User Says Thank You to samersh72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
QuaTiMxi
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by samersh72 View Post
and i think that power menu is gone also...
go to efs/imei folder, and make a file called "keystr" (without " ") (it is probably missing)
open "keystr" file and write "on" (without " " ),save. set permission of the file (all ticked).
But unfortunately, i think that your efs partition is corrupted. You must make a backup for this partition after rooting.
Try to flash stock firmware, some reported that it worked

sent from my Galaxy
I managed to get the yellow text away by uninstalling the factorytest apk.
I have tried to install stock firmware trough odin no luck there to. How can I make a backup for this partition?
 
QuaTiMxi
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Stockholm
Now my mobile network works to, I managed to fix it by turning my simcard lock of. The only problem that is left now is the lockscreen and powermenu. I can use the keystr solution and it works but every time I reboot my phone the /efs folder gets empty. Please help me im so confused

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
 
benni_1994
Old
#9  
benni_1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 426
Posts: 709
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Friedrichshafen
Guys i've got the same problem but i dont have a backup :'(
I wanted a fully clean system so i've wiped everythimg and flashed the me8 firmware as pda in odin.
Everything works but i've got no lockscreen and no power menue.
I would be so happy if someone could help me to solve my problem.
I'm using a 9505.
 
samersh72
Old
#10  
samersh72's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6834
Posts: 3,425
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Android City
Quote:
Originally Posted by benni2903 View Post
Guys i've got the same problem but i dont have a backup :'(
I wanted a fully clean system so i've wiped everythimg and flashed the me8 firmware as pda in odin.
Everything works but i've got no lockscreen and no power menue.
I would be so happy if someone could help me to solve my problem.
I'm using a 9505.
Root your phone and see post number 6 in this thread

sent from my Galaxy
Google Nexus 5: N5 Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505: Unroot, flash official stock
Galaxy S5 G900: EFS Backup / Post your PIT file.
Galaxy Nexus I9250: Gnex Tips & Tricks ////// Odin/Back to stock 4.3 / 4.2.2
Galaxy SIII Mini I8190: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Young S5360: Young Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P: Unroot, Flash official stock
Sony Experia SP C5303 // Sony Experia L C2105

The Following User Says Thank You to samersh72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes