Ubuntu Touch [14.09 RTM]

OP mamenyaka

30th December 2013, 08:30 PM   |  #121  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 92

757 posts
More
Thumbs up
I will receive my Xperia Z LTE tomorrow and this is one of the first things I will flash on it! Would be great to have dual boot Android (because of the number of apps) Let's hope that get's sorted soon. Thanks for your work!
30th December 2013, 09:51 PM   |  #122  
Thanks Meter: 51

766 posts
Just wondering how stable this is for daily use.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk 4
23rd January 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #123  
OP Senior Member
Flag Debrecen
Thanks Meter: 334

223 posts
Donate to Me
More
There will be a minor update coming soon, but after that we will have Android 4.4.2 as the base (currently 4.2.2): update
The Following User Says Thank You to mamenyaka For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #124  
Thanks Meter: 51

766 posts
Interested in trying hope development keeps.going

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 2

286 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamenyaka

Thank you for taking your time to review Ubuntu Touch, but I think you are a bit too harsh. I know it has it's flaws, but for me it works quite well. This project is about porting Ubuntu Touch, not about making it an usable operating system (this is subjective), so I am more worried about if you report that WiFi is not working, or the touchscreen is not responsive, or if the audio is not working.
Things are constantly changing (I will push out a new update soon) and they might fix and break some things at the smae time. So I am really sorry that it crashes for you and you can't sign in to your Ubuntu One account, but this is to be expected. It's up to the guys at Ubuntu to fix all the issues and as I said, things change constantly, so tomorrow's build might be more stable.

About the alpha-beta issue: it's a beta because most things work (and by things I mean screen, adb, WiFi, sound, click apps - you can install and run them,not judging their quality)

Sorry for the late reply, but better late than never. I am sorry you took my comment the wrong way, your porting efforts are epic and I am glad that you are doing such a great job in it. So yes, I would agree that from a device driver perspective, the code is in beta quality.

However, and this is more about expectation handling, at least back then the entire project (not your code, Ubuntu Touch itself or in combination with your port) was very far away from being a usable operating system. That is perfectly fine and probably clear to those familiar with it, but as you can see by the many questions in this thread you may want to clarify that this is not for daily use.

It is as easy as noting under "Not working": "Ubuntu Touch itself is still under heavy development and I cannot list all the flaws it has here, since that is daily changing. Please be aware that applications may not work as expected but the scope of this project is only the porting, not the actual operating system".
The Following User Says Thank You to ZakMcRofl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #126  
OP Senior Member
Flag Debrecen

223 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakMcRofl

Sorry for the late reply, but better late than never. I am sorry you took my comment the wrong way, your porting efforts are epic and I am glad that you are doing such a great job in it. So yes, I would agree that from a device driver perspective, the code is in beta quality.

However, and this is more about expectation handling, at least back then the entire project (not your code, Ubuntu Touch itself or in combination with your port) was very far away from being a usable operating system. That is perfectly fine and probably clear to those familiar with it, but as you can see by the many questions in this thread you may want to clarify that this is not for daily use.

It is as easy as noting under "Not working": "Ubuntu Touch itself is still under heavy development and I cannot list all the flaws it has here, since that is daily changing. Please be aware that applications may not work as expected but the scope of this project is only the porting, not the actual operating system".

Thank you for your response. I will post that note under Not working, if you don't mind, I really like it.
19th February 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #127  
Flag Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
Hello,

Is this working for locked bootloader but rooted and with cwm? Just wondering,wasnt mentioned so totally clear in the beginning post.

Also, what about data? Does this work?

Would love to see this working on ma tab.. But dont really know if it will work on my tablet..
20th February 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #128  
Thanks Meter: 52

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackint0sh

Hello,

Is this working for locked bootloader but rooted and with cwm? Just wondering,wasnt mentioned so totally clear in the beginning post.

Also, what about data? Does this work?

Would love to see this working on ma tab.. But dont really know if it will work on my tablet..

It will not work in locked bootloader since it involve flashing the custom kernel.

For Data, I cannot answer you because I'm using pollux_windy only.
5th March 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #129  
OP Senior Member
Flag Debrecen

223 posts
Donate to Me
More
Minor update to pollux_windy (mainly just a fresh build with latest ubuntu sources).
I won't be doing any more pollux releases, very few downloads. If anyone has a pollux and would like to take over the builds, just shout.
Still no 4.4.2 ...
Last edited by mamenyaka; 5th March 2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: clarify
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamenyaka For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #130  
Flag Munic
Thanks Meter: 41

143 posts
More
Can´t flash it on my Pollux!
Sad thing, I can not flash it on my pollux! I´ve done everything what was written in instructions. My device is rooted and has unlocked bootloader.

Any suggestions?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pollux, port, tablet z, touch, ubuntu
Previous Thread Next Thread