[Q/Help]Boot loops on various ROMS

Search This thread

Jason Broadhurst

Jan 3, 2012
Hi Guys (long time listener first time caller etc etc)

I finally got the courage to install a custom rom on to my HTC One XL (Telstra). After unlocking it installing the custom bootloader (2.5.0.0 TW) I have tried to install some roms and get no where with a few of them and boot loops if they actually install.

The two I can get to install but boot loop are ViperXL and cyanogenmod 10.0.

I am thinking I am doing something really simple wrong, but have tried a lot of things but no luck.

Details below; If there is anything else which might shed some light please let me know.

Evita PVT Ship s-on RL
HBoot-2.14.0000
RADIO-1.26a.32.45.1219
openDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-BOOT
nov 26 2012 18:37:14-1

Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, Jase

Last edited by a moderator:

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
Hi Guys (long time listener first time caller etc etc)

I finally got the courage to install a custom rom on to my HTC One XL (Telstra). After unlocking it installing the custom bootloader (2.5.0.0 TW) I have tried to install some roms and get no where with a few of them and boot loops if they actually install.

The two I can get to install but boot loop are ViperXL and cyanogenmod 10.0.

I am thinking I am doing something really simple wrong, but have tried a lot of things but no luck.

Details below; If there is anything else which might shed some light please let me know.

Evita PVT Ship s-on RL
HBoot-2.14.0000
RADIO-1.26a.32.45.1219
openDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-BOOT
nov 26 2012 18:37:14-1

Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, Jase

Welcome mate.
Couple of things...

The HBoot version you have won't allow you to update the boot.img of the rom your flashing as part of rom installation. You have 2 options - first is to s-off which pretty much lets you do whatever you like. Check in the original development thread for how to s-off if you're interested.
The second option is to flash (install) the boot.img in bootloader mode.
You can do that either before or after you flash the rom. Before I was s-off I did it both before and after.....

There's a few ways to do it including using adb or some apps will do it automatically for you. Take a look here for one example: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870455

And the second thing - good idea to post questions in the Q&A thread. More people look through there so you'll get your answer faster.

Last edited: