Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to root kindle fire any version (including 8.4.6)

Tip us?

Brandonrz
Old
(Last edited by Brandonrz; 1st September 2013 at 10:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Angry How to root kindle fire any version (including 8.4.6)

To Start off... This is for windows and Linux! I had a lot of trouble at first trying to root. But as soon as i stumbled upon this 1 click root and the correct adb drivers i rooted fast and easy. My kindle was running 8.4.3 for this. But several people have came to me saying it works with 8.4.6 os. So what u want is the normal usb cable and windows/linux. And download the two files at the bottom.

Before you begin, if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 or 8, open a Command Prompt & type ‘ping 4.2.2.2‘ then press enter. If you get replies, carry on with the rest of the guide. If not, you’ll have to carry out this small fix first! Skip to the bottom where it says "Still not work? Then move onto the "How to?..."
How to?...
Quote:
1. ENABLE ADB IN SETTINGS UNDER SECURITY
Step 1. Download all files provided in the post and keep kindle unplugged at all times
Step 2. To be safe uninstall any other drivers for the kindle installed on the operating system (Win.) And Reboot.
Step 3. Install the adb drivers provided in the .zip
Step 4. Unzip the bin4ry tool on ur desktop and run the .bat file for windows as admin/.sh for Linux.
Step 5. Keep kindle unplugged still... The menu u will be promoted with will ask you what is ur device type. Select normal.
Step 6. Once you selected normal and the command prompt will say plug in your device. Do it.
Step 7. It will say a bunch of stuff, once it stops spitting out lines, if your kindle isnt already. Unlock it.
Step 8. Hopefully u get a window on ur kindle asking to restore and enter ur credentials. JUST PRESS RESTORE AT THE BOTTOM.
IF U GET LOST... ON THE CMD JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE COMPUTER. If I helped press the like button
Still not work?
Quote:
Right click on My Computer/Computer (whichever you have) and choose Properties.
Go into System and this will open System properties. Once here, select ‘Advanced System Settings’.
Next choose ‘Environment Variables’ and under the ‘System Variables’ find ‘Path’.
Select ‘Path’ with your mouse and choose ‘edit’.
Scroll to the very end of the list in here. It’ll have various paths for different things, all separated by a semi-colon like this ‘;‘. Be careful not to change anything else here, simply paste in ‘;C:\Windows\System32‘. Note that there’s no space between ; and the C:\Windows\System32 and this statement isn’t case sensitive, it can be both upper and lowercase or a mix.
Click OK & repeat until you’ve closed System Properties.
Test by opening Command Prompt (Start > Run > cmd OK, Win-key + R > cmd OK, or however you prefer to get there) & ping 4.2.2.2 again. If you see replies, congratz, you’re all set!
Kindle Fire HD 8.9 ADB drivers.zip
Bin4ry Root v30
No huge sig swag.
Creator of ~NEON ROM~
I like android.
NOTE 3 TEAM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Brandonrz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brandonrz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Reserved
No huge sig swag.
Creator of ~NEON ROM~
I like android.
NOTE 3 TEAM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brandonrz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rebelduke
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default 2nd bootloader and TWRP for 8.4.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonrz View Post
To Start off... This is for windows and Linux! I had a lot of trouble at first trying to root. But as soon as i stumbled upon this 1 click root and the correct adb drivers i rooted fast and easy. My kindle was running 8.4.3 for this. So what u want is the normal usb cable and windows/linux. And download the two files at the bottom.

Before you begin, if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, open a Command Prompt & type ‘ping 4.2.2.2‘ then press enter. If you get replies, carry on with the rest of the guide. If not, you’ll have to carry out this small fix first! Skip to the bottom where it says "Still not work? Then move onto the "How to?..."
How to?...

IF U GET LOST... ON THE CMD JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE COMPUTER. If I helped press the like button
Still not work?

Kindle Fire HD 8.9 ADB drivers.zip
Bin4ry Root v30
Now that I'm rooted could you do a tutorial on how to add a 2nd bootloader plus TWRP using 8.4.3? It would be greatly appreciated by many of us beginners!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rebelduke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

st3ph3nt4n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for the tutorial, going to try it out right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to st3ph3nt4n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brandonrz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelduke View Post
Now that I'm rooted could you do a tutorial on how to add a 2nd bootloader plus TWRP using 8.4.3? It would be greatly appreciated by many of us beginners!
I'll get on it asap, but remember that I'm playing it by ear since I just got my kindle about a week ago. Right now I'm creating a tut on how to install the play store.

Sent from my Kindle Fire 8.9 HD via T-T Hd
No huge sig swag.
Creator of ~NEON ROM~
I like android.
NOTE 3 TEAM.

Brandonrz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3ph3nt4n View Post
Thanks for the tutorial, going to try it out right now.
No problem. Tell me how it goes.

Sent from my Kindle Fire 8.9 HD via T-T Hd
No huge sig swag.
Creator of ~NEON ROM~
I like android.
NOTE 3 TEAM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brandonrz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

st3ph3nt4n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I was able to root with your method but now I am not able to flash a rom as I am stuck in TWRP with no rom on the sd card.

I tried sideload but it seems that it can't find my device.

Any advice?

Brandonrz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3ph3nt4n View Post
I was able to root with your method but now I am not able to flash a rom as I am stuck in TWRP with no rom on the sd card.

I tried sideload but it seems that it can't find my device.

Any advice?
If it's been a while since you installed ADB on your computer, you may need to get the latest ADB binaries in platform-tools from the Android SDK. You will need version 1.0.29 or higher. You can find your current version by typing "adb version" at the command line.
Set the device into ADB sideload mode. In TWRP you do this by going to Advanced then ADB Sideload.
From the command line, type adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip
No huge sig swag.
Creator of ~NEON ROM~
I like android.
NOTE 3 TEAM.

st3ph3nt4n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonrz View Post
If it's been a while since you installed ADB on your computer, you may need to get the latest ADB binaries in platform-tools from the Android SDK. You will need version 1.0.29 or higher. You can find your current version by typing "adb version" at the command line.
Set the device into ADB sideload mode. In TWRP you do this by going to Advanced then ADB Sideload.
From the command line, type adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip
I was able to fix it. There was just a communication issue with the tablet and my PC. I had to manually browse for the drivers in the 'windows' folder. Thanks for the advice though!

pattiman
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Unfortunately it's not working for me. My Kindle is on 8.4.3 and has ADB enabled.I've installed the ADB drivers and rebooted my Windows 7 64-bit PC. I've pinged the tablet and get a response. I run the batch file as admin and press (1). I get some messages including "connect your device". A demon gets succesfully started at 5037. But after that I see nothing... My kindle's screen is unlocked, btw.

Any ideas?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 - X-NOTE build 17.0
Please press Thanks if I helped

The Following User Says Thank You to pattiman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]