Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

qtek 1.06 ROM Upgrade works!

Tip us?

quappo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default qtek 1.06 ROM Upgrade works!

i always tried to flash my rom using the new upgrade tool - when using old header and old tool, upgrade works perfectly.

You just have to edit the change.bat for your own demands. At the state you download it, it is configured to change header into T-Mobile WWE version.

click here

Code:
run change.bat first, then MaUpgradeUt.exe
André

Justifire
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the dutch T-mobile MDA Compact.
Will this patch work on it?
And with the upgrade do i get Swedish dialpad/keyboard?
Want to keep everything english if possible.

quappo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
should work; guess you dont even have to edit the change.bat before excecuting.

you'll get a qtek dialer (which is only slightly different from the windows original since it uses a (nice looking) skin - the dialer itself is the same as the original)

if you dont want to have this stuff install you can skip installation via reset and install the things you wish manually.

André

Justifire
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well the skin is no problem, i choose my own skins after instal.
But what worries me is that T9 is swedish after this upgrade?
Swedish words are useless for me, i want them english.

landau
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: qtek 1.06 ROM Upgrade works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quappo
i always tried to flash my rom using the new upgrade tool - when using old header and old tool, upgrade works perfectly.

You just have to edit the change.bat for your own demands. At the state you download it, it is configured to change header into T-Mobile WWE version.

click here

Code:
run change.bat first, then MaUpgradeUt.exe
André
Did you tried it by yourself? Your change.bat is not complete, you forgot to convert nbf to nba. That's why change.bat do nothing.

Then, as I already wrote several days ago - I did the same what you are suggesting - old tool with new files. It crashed my device totally, I cannot do anything to repair. So, be careful

ilvanni
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks!!!!
I have edited change.bat with imate operator (CDL_404) and flashed successfully!!!! Work perfectly!
Thank you again!

quappo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@landau:
of course i tried it by myself. you may have noticed that the nba-files are already in the archive so they dont need to be decoded from any nbf files (actually that was the problem: xda3nbftool cant decrypt these new format nbf-files).

so just run change.bat and flash it!

quappo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@justifier:
t9 offers several languages, english, french, german, ... unfortunately no dutch. if you want dutch, just take the t9.cab out of your own ext rom and install it manually. after the upgrade you wont find any swedish things on your mda :) luckily.

landau
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by quappo
@landau:
of course i tried it by myself. you may have noticed that the nba-files are already in the archive so they dont need to be decoded from any nbf files (actually that was the problem: xda3nbftool cant decrypt these new format nbf-files).

so just run change.bat and flash it!
Sorry, I downloaded rar archive from ftp://xda-developers.com/Magician/qtek_106_upgrade/ but there4 only nbf files, not nba...

quappo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
some ****ing idots have changed the archive! who the hell is doing that bloody ****??? :twisted:

i'll upload it again.

there should only be ms_.nba and nk.nba in the archive (besides the update prog)