Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 47,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

O2 English --> O2 Trad. Chinese successful

Tip us?

ddrddr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default O2 English --> O2 Trad. Chinese successful

I have successfully flashed an O2 english machine into a traditional chinese one. I just wanted to point couple things out that slowed me down during upgrading:
1) if your ntrw shows something like "usage... etc" that means you have an incorrect version. Please download version 2.0
2) when replacing the information in the hex editor, you do not have to highlight the part to be replaced, just click once to the beginning of the header, then click paste, it'll replace by itself. I tried to highlight the part to be replaced and delete and paste again.. etc with no luck. Remember it has to look like the original, 3-4 lines of 00 then ff ff.. etc, if you did it wrong it will only have the ff ff parts right after the 416 bytes (this worked for me)
3) when putting in the SD card, it does not necessarily give you the prompt to flash in several seconds, i've seen it pop up after several minutes, so give it some time and not panic

Those were just some of my experiences that I thought could be amended to the procedures to clarify some things, because one would have to dig through many topics to find the above solutions as I did (which i don't understand why the authors won't edit their procedures to make it perfect).

Anyhow, I have one final question. I read the thread on how to remove T-mobile's customizations somewhere, but how do I remove O2's cusomization? If I can figure this out I'll make my O2 w/ dopod rom into an O2 trad. chinese rom. Thnx

ddrddr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Here's another thing I wanted to ask, when I change the rom and flahs w/ the cht.xxx file from ftp (the O2 rom) does it include the ext roms? Or should I d/l them cab by cab and install separately? Or does this need to be unlocked like some other threads say?

yipfu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonone
Here's another thing I wanted to ask, when I change the rom and flahs w/ the cht.xxx file from ftp (the O2 rom) does it include the ext roms? Or should I d/l them cab by cab and install separately? Or does this need to be unlocked like some other threads say?

What brand and size of SD card had you used?

ddrddr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
i used the lexar 256mb bundled w/ my o2
i've also used panasonic high speed pro 512mb on another machine

but i don't know how that relates to my ques~

gd5gd
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yipfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonone

What brand and size of SD card had you used?
Ext & radio rom is included. :lol:
Best Regards,

Frankie