Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

[APP][2.2+] isDown? - Check for down sites

26th June 2013, 02:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
IsDown? is an application with the simplest of tasks to check whether a site is working or not.
Have you ever found yourself copying links from one site to another to finally realize that the site is not working then this is the solution.


Extra Feature:
tinyUrl link creation.
Expanding shortened URL and where it redirects (Prevents friends pranking.)



Planned Features:
Add notification to make it faster to check and tinyUrl Create

Will Gladly accept feedback . and if there is someone who can help me with notification widgets please tell me

Credit For the Feature graphic goes to Navneet Suresh.

PlayStore link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....waswas.isdown


Attached Files
File Type: apk IsDown.apk - [Click for QR Code] (438.8 KB, 328 views)
Last edited by WasseemB; 15th July 2013 at 05:36 PM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WasseemB For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2013, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
News:
Added Support for Froyo and app. Some Testing maybe needed.
Added Support To directly share from Browser to app.
The Following User Says Thank You to WasseemB For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2013, 11:45 AM   |  #3  
immortalneo's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Malappuram, Kerala
Thanks Meter: 1,635
 
4,430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Smile Works like a charm!
Very simple app, that works as advertised.. Thanks and good job! A few little UI changes would be inviting. Waiting for the next updates..
14th July 2013, 11:58 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo

Very simple app, that works as advertised.. Thanks and good job! A few little UI changes would be inviting. Waiting for the next updates..

Tell me the Ui updates you want and i will try to make them come true
Am not great at ui designing am trying to do my best with what i know.
14th July 2013, 01:12 PM   |  #5  
TheAltruistic's Avatar
Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 28
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
For this type of app. I think it'd be a great idea to see a floating UI portion. I don't know how many times I wasn't sure if a site was down or I'm having a connection issue only to have my connection pop on and off and I'm forced to refresh a page which makes me lose some data if I'm filling out an e-form or something like that.

Just a thought. I wonder what you guys as devs think.
14th July 2013, 01:15 PM   |  #6  
Navneet Suresh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag /Universe/Earth/India/
Thanks Meter: 463
 
579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waswas

IsDown? is an application with the simplest of tasks to check whether a site is working or not.
Have you ever found yourself copying links from one site to another to finally realize that the site is not working then this is the solution.

Extra Feature:
tinyUrl link creation.
Expanding shortened URL and where it redirects (Prevents friends pranking.)

Planned Features:
Add notification to make it faster to check and tinyUrl Create

Will Gladly accept feedback . and if there is someone who can help me with notification widgets please tell me

PlayStore link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....waswas.isdown

Add Screenshots to this post this app looks promising,
14th July 2013, 03:23 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet Suresh

Add Screenshots to this post this app looks promising,

Will do it now
14th July 2013, 03:24 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAltruistic

For this type of app. I think it'd be a great idea to see a floating UI portion. I don't know how many times I wasn't sure if a site was down or I'm having a connection issue only to have my connection pop on and off and I'm forced to refresh a page which makes me lose some data if I'm filling out an e-form or something like that.

Just a thought. I wonder what you guys as devs think.

I will see if i can do it, hope it will be easy
14th July 2013, 04:07 PM   |  #9  
Navneet Suresh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag /Universe/Earth/India/
Thanks Meter: 463
 
579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Angry hmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waswas

Will do it now

Now this post looks attractive,

BTW your app is nice improve the Interface i know it easy to say to improve the app interface as i am to making an app but am sure you can make the app look more attractive and add some cool features like *ability to search another link for the file with broken link
14th July 2013, 04:48 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet Suresh

Now this post looks attractive,

BTW your app is nice improve the Interface i know it easy to say to improve the app interface as i am to making an app but am sure you can make the app look more attractive and add some cool features like *ability to search another link for the file with broken link

The thing is i don't have any idea how to improve UI give me an idea

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
check, expand, isdown, shorten, site
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Apps and Games by ThreadRank