5,604,219 Members 49,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 Google Edition Flashable Rom

Tip us?

rainynight88
Old
(Last edited by rainynight88; 3rd July 2013 at 04:18 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default S4 Google Edition Flashable Rom

UPDATE

Android 4.2.2 v6

Working: All with amazing battery life
Not working: Google Wallet (force close)

Again, not my work, just helping the community!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2341794

Same setup - should work on T-MO.

Just an update about the new 4.3 GPe: External SD Card is readable when you plug it into your PC. The camera however still does not read the SD card. All else is still functioning.Version 4.3 will break root! All versions of SU currently do not work with 4.3. Just keep that in mind.

You can flash this over your current 4.2.2 Google Edition. If you're coming from TW, do a complete wipe, then flash. Thanks

__________________________________________________ __________________

No - I did not grab the system dump myself
Yes - I have tested this for the TMO variant and it's fully functioning

I did create a Youtube Video on how to install the Google Edition S4. Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYpkJ27WAM

Althought it's not a ROM built from scratch or a project of any kind, it is a rom all in itself straight from the S4 GE

(Updated Link) - Thanks to luckyduck69 for posting a new mirror. Previous Link crashed XD.
If you're interested in the GE (VERSION 4.2.2), download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5n...edition-bg.zip

As always, make a backup, wipe, then flash.

Enjoy!
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to rainynight88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abalosmusic
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Will try

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 5 Rooted Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to abalosmusic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Texus915
Old
Thanks Meter 211
I tried myself, I must say this is the smoothest aosp ROM I've ever tried. Just amazing

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texus915 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

caffeineighted
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Downloading now. Will report.

Thanks!
Current:

Retirees:
Blackberry Curve < iPhone, 3G, 3GS & 4 < Samsung Vibrant < Droid X < Droid Incredible < iPhone 4 (again?) < HTC Inspire FauxG < Moto Atrix FauxG < iPhone 4 (again!?!) < iPhone 4S No, I resisted the urge! < Droid Bionic < iPhone 4S (shut up...) < iPhone 5 < iPhone 5S
The Following User Says Thank You to caffeineighted For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coyttl
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Installed using TWRP 2.5.0.2.
Was notified Root was not installed, told TWRP to install it for me.

So far, seems fine! I miss the "long press back to kill app" feature, but I can live without it as I play with this ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to coyttl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The111
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Thanks for the link! After flashing this ROM will all software/firmware on the phone be identical to that on the GPe handset? Or are there any other bits that aren't contained in the ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to The111 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeffnucci
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I'm wondering that too. This is stable? Wipe system/data/cache and flash?
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffnucci For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chkn
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I did a wipe flashed and then had to reboot to get WiFi
going,other than that so far so good .feels smooth,but it could be a placebo effect not sure
The Following User Says Thank You to chkn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abalosmusic
Old
Thanks Meter 110
No gapps needed .. Holy shiiioot I now have a s4 Google edition! Thnx for the find.. Now if we can only theme...

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app
Nexus 5 Rooted Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to abalosmusic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

funkl3
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Getting my T-Mo S4 in today. I'm curious to hear about how good this rom is. Need to root my phone first though

The Following User Says Thank You to funkl3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]