[Q] rom on nand with ext4 partition

Search This thread

creepan

Sep 14, 2011
Moldova, Chisinau
hello to everyone, could someone help me with installing a rom with data on ext, and dalvik on nand ? the problem is i dont understand the function of ext4 partition, i tried with magldr and clk also, but when it comes to install the rom from sd-card it doesn't work... so please could somebody explain me how to use this ext4 partition. I know how to make it thru the partition manager, i know how to instal clk, magldr, and cwm, but after that i dont have a clue what to do, just copy instal.zip file to sd-card and instal it, or what ?
hope somebody will explain me ...

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
In most cases yes, you will just have to copy the zip file to your sdcard and when flashing the ROM, choose "DataOnExt". Unless the ROM doesn't natively support Ext4 (which is very rare), you'll just have to flash the script after flashing the ROM immediately.

RASHIDDDDD

Oct 1, 2011
Peshawar
In most cases yes, you will just have to copy the zip file to your sdcard and when flashing the ROM, choose "DataOnExt". Unless the ROM doesn't natively support Ext4 (which is very rare), you'll just have to flash the script after flashing the ROM immediately.
bro i flashed a nand rom with 4ExtRecovery run it my EXT4 partition was 1.5 Gb bt in internal memory it didnt appeared. my internal memory was only 135 MB free which was phone internal no memory of ext4 partition was added with it

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
bro i flashed a nand rom with 4ExtRecovery run it my EXT4 partition was 1.5 Gb bt in internal memory it didnt appeared. my internal memory was only 135 MB free which was phone internal no memory of ext4 partition was added with it

Check your storage with Titanium Backup. The system doesn't always show correct available storage depending on the script used.