Network Status Issue, Please Help!

Search This thread

mikegenkin

Oct 13, 2011
Tarzana
winbiz.ws
I'm running the Lab Rats v2.3 rom with Persues alpha36 kernel and MA7 Baseband Modem. A few days ago I started having a strange issue with having full wifi or mobile data 4g signal, but nothing was connecting to the network. Restarting the phone would get connection for a couple of minutes until everything loads and then would end, even though still showing full signal. In Settings-About-Phone Status under Network it showed Unknown instead of Sprint, all other info was correct. I tried updating PLR and Profile, but it didn't work. I then did ##SCRTN# (##72786#), still didn't fix connection problems and Network still read Unknown instead of Sprint.

Had to full wipe and reflash the rom, then connectivity started working but still Network Unknown. Again did tried ##SCRTN# but nothing.

Even though I get wifi and mobile data, problem is when I try to purchase apps through Google Play Market via Bill my Sprint Account, it says cannot verify network or something along those lines.

Again this started a few days ago, and all was good prior. The dev who posted Lab Rats told me that the rom has nothing to do with network connectivity, so I was hoping someone here can help me out with any suggestions or a fix.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

aseercte

Jun 17, 2010
I think its a problem with rom because I have the same issue .I flash a stock rooted or any other tw rom and everything is fine .let the dev know may be he will be able to fix it

mikegenkin

Oct 13, 2011
Tarzana
winbiz.ws
Yea it is a prob with the rom. I flashed a different rom and the Network read Sprint again, then I flashed back to the updated version of Lab Rats and same problem. He told me network issue isnt the roms fault, and to try to flash a different modem, but thats not it either since I tried and it didnt work. I think maybe something, a system apk or something was left out thats why it doesnt read the network... I know he removed VPNDialogs.apk which is why vpn apps like Tunnel Bear or OpenVPN don't work, but I let him know and he will probably include it in his updater for those who need it to download and install. So I will compare other roms with Lab Rats for some sort of system apk that sounds like it has to do with network and install it and see what happens.

gadd3000

Jul 26, 2013
synergy rom and perseus kernel

I have a similar issue. I am running the synergy rom and using the perseus kernel. I can get data just fine, but I cn not make or receive voice calls. The calls will go through but no sound will be played. The sound works fine in all other conditions. Doing a factory reset fixes this, but only temporarily.

sceme29

May 18, 2010
I have a similar issue. I am running the synergy rom and using the perseus kernel. I can get data just fine, but I cn not make or receive voice calls. The calls will go through but no sound will be played. The sound works fine in all other conditions. Doing a factory reset fixes this, but only temporarily.

Im having the same issue as you, i am running whomp rom with the latest perseus kernel, it just began yesterday and i ahve tried everything from restoring to a back up, to ##786#. I am lost... no calls can be heard but the call does go through.

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
As you can see, the rom isnt necessarily the issue as two other roms report the same things.

Usually prl updates or system updates will fix any network connectivity issue.

The unknown network has nothing to do with anything. Its cosmetic and hasn't effected anything other than to remove Sprint from the dropdown bar.

Its quite possible the reason you guys were told thats not the issue is because its not. We, as all the other people here try to make everything as smooth an workable as possible.

sigpic4644111_3.gif

check out our rom website, http://updater.team-nocturnal.com/labrats/

Reactions: sparytrainor

sparytrainor

Jan 16, 2011
Morton
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I have the same report of unknown and haven't had any data issues at all and I've been running labrats for several months.. No matter how many roms I flash, I end up back to labrats because it truly does just work and if something does happen to be broke, the devs are on top of it..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375315944071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375315944071.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 30

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
What PRL are you guys on? We had TERRIBLE issues that I thought at one point may be the phone but turned out to be a network issue. PRL 2000 has fixed most of that for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you can see, the rom isnt necessarily the issue as two other roms report the same things.

Usually prl updates or system updates will fix any network connectivity issue.

The unknown network has nothing to do with anything. Its cosmetic and hasn't effected anything other than to remove Sprint from the dropdown bar.

Its quite possible the reason you guys were told thats not the issue is because its not. We, as all the other people here try to make everything as smooth an workable as possible.

sigpic4644111_3.gif

check out our rom website, http://updater.team-nocturnal.com/labrats/