Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 43,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Scientific 7 Minute Workout

Tip us?

AggieDev
Old
(Last edited by AggieDev; 5th July 2013 at 07:54 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Arrow [APP][2.2+] Scientific 7 Minute Workout

This is my new 7 minute workout app this I just released today, Scientific 7 Minute Workout. I would love to get some feedback if I could!

Google Play link

Link to actual APK

What is the 7 Minute Workout?
If you don't know what the 7 minute workout is, its a workout based on a recent fitness science journal that says instead of having to work out a minimum of 20-30 minutes a day at medium intensity, you can do it in 7 minutes a day as long as the workout is high-intensity.

Why make this app?
Now why make this app if there are several others that are based on this workout? I myself use this workout and have used both 7-min.com and several android apps, but none included all of the features that I wanted if I am actually going to take the workout seriously when using it. I made sure to include:
  • Scrolling up and down during an exercise to be able to select other exercises in the workout and switch to them. I am tired of every single 7-minute workout being based on one workout per screen, it simply doesn't make sense for a workout exercise and is too restrictive.
  • Workout logging. This, I feel, is essential to ANY workout app, yet only 1 implementation of the exercise that I've seen includes it, and even that one doesn't show how many times that day you have done the workout, which is odd seeing as the exercise is to be completed 2-3 times each time once you get good at it. This app tracks each day you do the workout, how many times you have done it to completion, and in the options you can set whether you want it to log your workout if you skip forward at all or not.
  • Voice to guide you through the workout. Due to the nature of this app being a workout app, you most likely don't want to be looking at the screen the whole entire time, just when you want to see an update of what you're doing. The voice tells you when to start workouts and how long to rest for.
  • Customize how long you want the breaks to be.
  • Progress bar for not only the current workout, but for the entire exercise as well. This is surprisingly not included in most if not all apps that I used.

I just released the app today, so any suggestions would be great to hear!!

The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to AggieDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cesko69
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Sounds great but where is the link?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

ThePureHeart
Old
Thanks Meter 213
This looks great! Nice work with the UI.

Google Play link (free): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.workoutfree

Google Play link (paid): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.scientific7

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Edition
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePureHeart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AggieDev
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Sorry about that! Link is now added at the top of my original post

Smidgers
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Like this idea. However, can you suggest another exercise to replace the chair steps? I have low ceilings and cannot perform these inside.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

AggieDev
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidgers View Post
Like this idea. However, can you suggest another exercise to replace the chair steps? I have low ceilings and cannot perform these inside.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
The main focus of the chair steps is to workout the legs, so if low ceilings are a problem you can replace it with more squats
The Following User Says Thank You to AggieDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidErang
Old
(Last edited by DroidErang; 4th July 2013 at 03:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Wow this app looks great!

y0yerrj0sh
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Just downloaded, great looking app.

Xenodwarf
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Made me sweat. Nice going!

9unk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Looks good will download. I am pretty busy with my work so when I don't go for a run I need something just like this to cram into my spare moments!

Tags
workout app android 7 minute