HTC Desire 4G LTE (ADR6410LRA) appears in the wild

Search This thread

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013
Hi together, i just noticed that the "non-verizon branded" Version of our ADR6410 seems to be available in the wild (-> on ebay.com) ... that seems to still have the identical specs as the verizon version and NOT the down-spec'ed like that "desire vc".

appologies for just snapping the pics from an ebay-offer, but it's just to show it to you for reference! HTC logo instead of our "verizon-mark". no idea about roms or unlocks for that modified ADR6410-LRA (from my side) of course. :fingers-crossed:

according to the seller:
As you see - the unit is a "6410LRA". The "LRA" stands for "LTE Across Rural America." This was ORIGINALLY a Verizon product but it was passed on to smaller regional carriers. This unit WILL NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT work on the Verizon (or Sprint) Network - NOT! You WILL need a SIM Card from one of the Regional networks to use this phone (SIM Card NOT Included) and even then we make NO guarantees of this phone being able to work on any Carrier. There are some carriers this MIGHT work on but we don't know which ones. When a Unit is Powered Up NO Carrier logo comes on the screen.

cheers :cool: ... so what do you think about this "sibbling"?

jose51197

Jan 15, 2012
Cartago
Hi together, i just noticed that the "non-verizon branded" Version of our ADR6410 seems to be available in the wild (-> on ebay.com) ... that seems to still have the identical specs as the verizon version and NOT the down-spec'ed like that "desire vc".

appologies for just snapping the pics from an ebay-offer, but it's just to show it to you for reference! HTC logo instead of our "verizon-mark". no idea about roms or unlocks for that modified ADR6410-LRA (from my side) of course. :fingers-crossed:

according to the seller:

cheers :cool: ... so what do you think about this "sibbling"?

I have looked at it too, its identical and should work with all our roms since its the same device and uses same kernel

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda app-developers app

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013
I have looked at it too, its identical and should work with all our roms since its the same device and uses same kernel
i'm just not sure if the unluck (root etc) would work the same way. alas, not much to worry about it for myself ... since i already have my Dinc4G and here in Europe you can't buy them (regularily anyhow). was just wondering ^^

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
HTC has been disappointing me HARD as of late..
Not sure if switching back over was the right move, Samsung was great, except when they locked the s4 bootloader and there is $5,000 bounty not being claimed yet, so i doubt itll come, id rather dump this if no S-OFF and get the s4 dev edition..

hcii

Sep 4, 2007
I have one of these, and purchased it at an independent cell company here in east KY. So far it seems to be a good phone. Signal is good, and has all the specs I need for my use. Battery life is excellent I've been one of AT&T's faithful since the Cingular days back in the early 90's. However, just to be blunt, AT&T coverage has dropped by at least 50% over the past 5 years - hence my reason to take a stab at App Wireless App Wireless is locally owned, and actually is the oldest provider in this area. The only issue is they are somewhat higher in rates, and initial cost is higher. With that being said......

I'd love to make the switch. I still have a few months under contract with AT&T, but would be willing to pay the ETF fee. Even though App Wireless is higher in pricing, the coverage more than makes up for it. I'd much rather pay $70 for 95% coverage as to pay $50 for 50% coverage

I really need to get this thing rooted Basically just to install programs on an ext4. It surprised me as to the programs that will install to the external SD card automatically, but there are just those few that won't. Searching the forums I can't find a definitive answer on this phone. I have found where its been done on the Verizon branded, and the HTC Desire VC, plus... even the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE.

I've searched this and other forums - is there ANYWHERE posted that this phone has successfully been rooted?

hcii

Sep 4, 2007
Just wanted to let everyone know that I decided to be a "rabbit", and take a chance on my new HTC Desire 4G LTE - at least that's what the independent carrier calls it. It is similar to the HTC Desire VC they offer, but the specs are closer to the HTC Droid Incredible 4g LTE.

Anyway, whenever I plugged it into a program of sorts, it recognized it as the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE. The big difference being the Hinc is a model from Verizon, ADR6410VZW. Mine is a ADR6410LTA.

All of the other specs are identical with the exception of the CID. The Verizon is a VZW__001 that mosts posts say to SuperCID it to 11111111 to root, but the ADR6410LRA is a UTSI_005. Therefore a lot of the steps are not needed.

As of right now, my bootloader is unlocked, and the phone is rooted, and everything is working fine. I also installed TWRP. So....for those that have the LRA version instead of the Verizon, everything here applies and will work fine.

Thought this may help a few.

Reactions: kimba99

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I decided to be a "rabbit", and take a chance on my new HTC Desire 4G LTE - at least that's what the independent carrier calls it. It is similar to the HTC Desire VC they offer, but the specs are closer to the HTC Droid Incredible 4g LTE.

Anyway, whenever I plugged it into a program of sorts, it recognized it as the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE. The big difference being the Hinc is a model from Verizon, ADR6410VZW. Mine is a ADR6410LTA.

All of the other specs are identical with the exception of the CID. The Verizon is a VZW__001 that mosts posts say to SuperCID it to 11111111 to root, but the ADR6410LRA is a UTSI_005. Therefore a lot of the steps are not needed.

As of right now, my bootloader is unlocked, and the phone is rooted, and everything is working fine. I also installed TWRP. So....for those that have the LRA version instead of the Verizon, everything here applies and will work fine.

Thought this may help a few.