FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[ROOT] Straight Talk: Samsung Galaxy Centura

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
It's been successfully rooted with POOT.
It has also been rooted via CWM by Area51 Here for CWM and then Here for Root! I did find some ROM development going on at Area51 as well here. Area51's CWM does not appear to play nice with any phone rooted with Poot however so it's best to install CWM from Area51 first and then use their root method.
Last edited by SteveCampsOut; 3rd July 2013 at 05:42 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveCampsOut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
11th July 2013, 01:07 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCampsOut

It's been successfully rooted with POOT.
It has also been rooted via CWM by Area51 Here for CWM and then Here for Root! I did find some ROM development going on at Area51 as well here. Area51's CWM does not appear to play nice with any phone rooted with Poot however so it's best to install CWM from Area51 first and then use their root method.

The root method used at A51 is out-of-date, and can't be updated. Therefore, you'll continuously receive an update notification and won't be able to stop it.
11th July 2013, 01:12 AM |#3  
SteveCampsOut's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Spring
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBounca

The root method used at A51 is out-of-date, and can't be updated. Therefore, you'll continuously receive an update notification and won't be able to stop it.

Not True! All you have to do is just not install the update when it boots you into CWM. This will be fixed when they complete the ROM they're working on. I don't get update reminders after accepting the first one and just not installing it once in recovery mode at the install screen!
14th July 2013, 01:49 AM |#4  
zounduser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag sioux falls SD
Thanks Meter: 1,755
 
Donate to Me
More
My roomate just got this phone, gonna root it for her. Thanks for posting methods.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
19th July 2013, 09:58 PM |#5  
SteveCampsOut's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Spring
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser

My roomate just got this phone, gonna root it for her. Thanks for posting methods.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

You might want to wait for Area51 to complete their first ROM for the phone. Currently it has an annoying update that keeps trying to install over the rooted stock OS that will break root if you install it. Of course you can just keep clicking on accept and then selecting NO when you get to the install update screen in CWM like I do, but it's an annoyance.
9th August 2013, 07:04 AM |#6  
alex_is_the_1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Is area51 still working on a ROM?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
29th August 2013, 06:31 PM |#7  
SteveCampsOut's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Spring
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_is_the_1

Is area51 still working on a ROM?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium


The ROM is now available at Area51 as well as an updated ROM with new boot animations and themes.

http://androidarea51.com/centura-root-cwm/
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveCampsOut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2013, 09:31 PM |#8  
Motorhead1991's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 291
 
Donate to Me
More
We also almost have CM9 working.
The Following User Says Thank You to Motorhead1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2013, 02:31 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead1991

We also almost have CM9 working.

Any luck on that CM9?
28th December 2013, 05:27 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Galaxy Centura 4.X
Is there any roms for the Samsung Galaxy Centura on StraightTalk that is Android version 4.1, 4.2 or above?
9th January 2014, 07:02 AM |#11  
Motorhead1991's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 291
 
Donate to Me
More
Not yet. Something that Samsung broke in the kernel is preventing the ROMs from booting up.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
centura, galaxy, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes