Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 45,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: In Your Opinion, The Instructions Were Easy?
Extremely Easy 45 36.59%
Very Easy 36 29.27%
Easy 18 14.63%
Normal 14 11.38%
Difficult 7 5.69%
Very Difficult 0 0%
Extremely Difficult 3 2.44%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

[ROOT] [How To] Root Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD Version 7.4.7

Tip us?

RCamacho50
Old
(Last edited by RCamacho50; 27th December 2013 at 07:35 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
Post [ROOT] [How To] Root Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD Version 7.4.7

I'll Show You How To Root Your Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD In Version 7.4.7 (This Also Works For Older Versions) With The Bin4ry Method.

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: Download The Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33.zip.

- Step 2: Extract The File.

- Step 3: This Step Is Very Important. Uninstall Any Drivers You Have For The Kindle Fire HD. Connect Your Kindle To The PC Via USB. Press The Windows Start Button And Search "Device Manager" Go to >Portable Devices. "Right Click" On Kindle And Choose "Properties". Go to "Driver" and Click "Uninstall". Then Unplug the Kindle From the PC.

- Step 4: Now Download And Install Kindle Fire ADB Drivers. (Dropox Link) (Google Drive Link)

- Step 5: Now On your Kindle Fire HD Go To "Settings" Then >Security. Mark "Enable ADB" - ON.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-01-47.jpg
Views:	6961
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	2095941

- Step 6: Connect The Kindle Fire HD To The PC Via USB. Wait Till Automatic Installation Completes And Kindle is Recognized.

- Step 7: Navigate To The Folder Where You Extracted The Bin4ry Method And "Double Click" the "RunMe.bat" File And Choose Option 1.

Name:	RunMe.Bat Screenshot.jpg
Views:	11213
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	2118382

- Step 8: On The Kindle Fire HD Select The Option "Backup My Data" And Wait Till The Backup Completes (When The Backup Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Then Select The Option "Restore My Data" (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key).

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-55-07.jpg
Views:	11506
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	2095943 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-55-51.jpg
Views:	9941
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	2095944

- Step 9: Your Device Will Reboot. When The Kindle Boot The First Time (It Will Be Sluggish), Unlock It And Wait The Other Reboot.

- Step 10: When Your Device Boot Select Select The Option "Restore My Data" Once Again (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Your Device Will Reboot Once Again.

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-55-51.jpg
Views:	9941
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	2095944

- Step 11: When Your Device Boot, Unlock Your Device And Go To "Apps Drawer", You Should See The "Superuser" App.

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-54-42.jpg
Views:	8848
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	2095946

You're Done!
Now Your Amazon Kindle Fire HD Has Root Access.
My Devices:
=================================================
- Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD (OmniROM 4.4.2 + TWRP 2.6.3.1)
=================================================
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to RCamacho50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidafx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had a rooted 7.4.2 having used Bin4ry the first time. I was sure I had disabled OTA updates. Anyway I now have 7.4.3 unrooted.

Is it safe to use this method in the above scenario or is it for vanilla unrooted 7.4.3 machines that weren't prior rooted ?

thanks in advance

RCamacho50
Old
(Last edited by RCamacho50; 14th July 2013 at 09:51 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
Default It's Safe

Yeah It's Safe. Use The Las Version Of The Bin4ry Method

avmann11011
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Keep getting the same error message

I keep getting this message while running Bin4ry "RunMe"

"could not find C:\User\Home\Download\Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_ v31\ric"

Anyone know what this error message means? I am trying to root a kindle Fire HD with 7.4.3. All other steps go as described until It resets and I unlock it the first time. Then the error message comes onto the cmd.exe

Any help would be appreciated.

calkenneth
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by avmann11011 View Post
I keep getting this message while running Bin4ry "RunMe"

"could not find C:\User\Home\Download\Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_ v31\ric"

Anyone know what this error message means? I am trying to root a kindle Fire HD with 7.4.3. All other steps go as described until It resets and I unlock it the first time. Then the error message comes onto the cmd.exe

Any help would be appreciated.
I've used this on a Kindle Fire HD 7* with 7.4.3 as well. I assume you chose option #1, New Standard root?

It looks like it gets stuck when it tries to delete the non-existent ric file (towards the end of the batch file under the "newstandard" section). It should just continue onwards though. Does the batch file kick you back out into the command prompt directly?

Another thing to try - I don't think this is necessary, but it's easy enough to try - run the batch file as Windows administrator.

BenCf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
once i root my 7.4.3 kindle, i can flash any rom? also do i need to do the Bootloader + TWRP things?

calkenneth
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenCf View Post
once i root my 7.4.3 kindle, i can flash any rom? also do i need to do the Bootloader + TWRP things?
Once you root your Kindle, you can install things like the Google Apps framework and the Google Play store, which gives you access to a large number of other applications.

However, you'd still need to separately flash the bootloader and TWRP if you wish to install secondary ROMs. For those steps, please see the individual threads. Make sure you've made backups of your existing factory ROMs (system.img, boot.img, and recovery.img) and pick up a factory cable (aka fastboot)...

Bicskey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I can't make it work

Hey,

I cannot make it work. I tried from two different computers and I keep getting this error message, please help it's a Kindle Fire HD 7" firmware 7.4.3

Name:	zsolt.jpg
Views:	3747
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	2159662

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCamacho50 View Post
You Can Root Your Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD In Version 7.4.3 With The Bin4ry Method.

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: Download The Attachment 2092604.

- Step 2: Extract The File.

- Step 3: This Step Is Very Important. Uninstall Any Drivers You Have For The Kindle Fire HD. Connect Your Kindle To The PC Via USB. Press The Windows Start Button And Search "Device Manager" Go to >Portable Devices. "Right Click" On Kindle And Choose "Properties". Go to "Driver" and Click "Uninstall". Then Unplug the Kindle From the PC.

- Step 4: Now Download And Install Kindle Fire ADB Drivers. (Dropox Link) (Google Drive Link)

- Step 5: Now On your Kindle Fire HD Go To "Settings" Then >Security. Mark "Enable ADB" - ON.
Attachment 2095941

- Step 6: Connect The Kindle Fire HD To The PC Via USB. Wait Till Automatic Installation Completes And Kindle is Recognized.

- Step 7: Navigate To The Folder Where You Extracted The Bin4ry Method And "Double Click" the "RunMe.bat" File And Choose Option 1.
Attachment 2118382

- Step 8: On The Kindle Fire HD Select The Option "Backup My Data" And Wait Till The Backup Completes (When The Backup Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Then Select The Option "Restore My Data" (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key).
Attachment 2095943 Attachment 2095944

- Step 9: Your Device Will Reboot 2 Times.

- Step 10: When Your Device Boot Select Select The Option "Restore My Data" Once Again (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Your Device Will Reboot Once Again.
Attachment 2095944

- Step 11: When Your Device Boot, Unlock Your Device And Go To "Apps Drawer", You Should See The "Superuser" App.
Attachment 2095946

You're Done!
Now Your Amazon Kindle Fire HD Has Root Access.

MonsterMD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
nice, thanks for the guide!
The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FidiS
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks a lot it worked without any issue.

Cheers Fidi

The Following User Says Thank You to FidiS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]