[APP][2.2+][v1.4.02] Hovering Controls (emulates Air Gesture from S4)
I am developing a new app, its called Hovering Controls. The app imitates the beheaviour of Air Gesture from Galaxy S4 (some options need root like gallery swipe and browser scroll) It also emulates Quick Glance, Air Call accept etc etc..
You can also control your music/video players, start your desired app on a move, switch to previous apps, jump to launchscreen....you can check the features bellow.
I have 2 version of the app, both full versions, one is XDA version wich is totally free (you can download here) and a supportive version published in Google Play (with this version you support future updates and features).
Any feedback and suggestions are well received. I will try to add all features you ask for.
Thank you every body!!
Please do not upload the app in other sites, stores or online storages. Link back to this post or to Google Play.
I prefer not using the app on custom roms, i prefer that people just download it from here or the store so they always can have the latest updates and fixes.
If you make a translated version (i will translate it asap) pm me with a link to download so i can post it here too.
Any questions, petitions suggestions or whatever you want, pm me or contact me via Skype(firstname.lastname@example.org) or gmail(email@example.com)
Thank you everybody!
Attached to the post.
Current Version 1.4.02:
- Recoded Music Controls for android version 4.0+, now it should work with all music players and with no errors!!
- Tasker support to start hovering controls, use this intent string (delete the " ): "com.golgorz.hoveringcontrols.startService"
- When choosing and app to open, you can now select an activity to open directly (or just use the default one).
if the activity can not be opened (sometimes activities are protected or need some data to open) the default one will be started.
Features for NO ROOT:
- Blacklist app to pause hovering controls in desired apps.
- Set apps to open with all the available gestures.
- Silence alarm.
- Silence incoming call.
- Switch betwen recent apps (like back and forward beheaviour)
- Fast go to home screen
- QuickGlance like Galaxy S4 has!!! (or choose to show your lockscreen)
- Control your music player (next/previous/pause/resume) even with screen off!!!
- Shake your phone to switch speakerphone on/off
- Unlock screen with two hand slides!
- Lock screen
- Flip Cover mode.
- Answer incoming call, just put your phone near to your ear (it uses Hover Hold motion)
Features for ROOT USERS:
- All previous features.
- Tilt to slide left or right in any app and homescreen (Experimental)
- AutoShoot pictures/videos, no need to push the button again! (DESACTIVATED UNTIL NEW UPDATE)
- Slide betwen your photos in your image gallery (1 slide->next, 2 slides->previous)
- Scroll up and down in your browser (1 slide->down, 2 slides->up)
More features to come as well as translations!!!
DISABLE_KEYGUARD = for unlocking the lockscreen
GET_TASKS = to get your running apps and switch betwen them
INTERNET = not actually used, but might use for future updates.
READ_CALL_LOG = get your missing calls to show in QuickGlance
READ_PHONE_STATE = to pause app while in a call for example
READ_SMS = show counter of new received sms in QuickGlance
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED = to start upon boot
REORDER_TASKS = to switch betwen recent tasks (like back&forward betwen 2 apps)
VIBRATE = vibrate phone xD
WAKE_LOCK = to wake up phone and show QuickGlance or unlock screen
- pavik62 -- Russian translation
- LeSScro -- Designs
- MSTRoyal -- German translation and lots of testing!!!
(translations will be available in future updates)
Also thanks all who offered for translations that will be added in future updates and of course i would like to thank all people that helped me with their feedback and ideas.
- Fixed bug when screen locks a few seconds later after unlocked.
- Now both answer call with hoverhold and twice slide works at same time.
- Added option to autoanswer with double slide
- Added option to activate speakerphone automatically when answered with double slide.
- Fixed a possible bug with speakerphone.
- Option to blacklist notifications of apps (under lockscreen options).
- Fixed some bugs.
- Reconstructed lost code.
- Option to set a blacklist of apps so hovering controls will not fire events while they are opened.
- QuickGlance now can show any new notifications (only android 4.3 and newer);
- Cleaned service code to use less ram.
- Speakerphone option while in a phonecall has been changed to Twice Slide (no more shakes).
-Fix auto answer call for some devices.
- Fix bug that answer a call after a few seconds when silencing it.
- Fix some FC when answering calls and other FC.
- Option to choose a video player for the music/video player controls, fixing a bug that music start playing when trying to pause a video.
- Tried to add Spotify support, pleas report if it works, i couldnt really test it.
- Test sensor section changed to Sensor options, You can change alternate sensor delay time and set it to use for real use.
- More fixes i dont remember
- Music Controls fully implemented, read instructions in description.
- Unlock lockscreen for NON ROOT!!
- Fix a FC when answering a call.
- Other tweaks.
- Cleaned code for less ram usage and faster execution.
- Changed root code: root options should work better.
- Samsung Alarms now mute on wave, bugged in last version.
- Test Sensor own service now stops properly when exiting.
- HTC Sense added for gallery slides.
- Contacts and Telephone apps now opens as diferent apps (should work for others too).
- More fixes to events behaviours
- Again, Fixed QuickPic gallery slides.
- Added slides compatibility with F-Stop Image Gallery.
- Fixed Stock Camera not pausing events if you set to not use while in camera mode.
- Other fixes.
- Hover Hold with alternate sensor detector fixed. Sorry.
- Fix QuickPick gallery slide
- Permissions added to fix some FC (bluetooth for answer calls and read contacts to check missed calls)
- Added option to stop detecting when screen is off.
- Added option to switch on/off vibration with events.
- Adjusted browser scroll (firefox not suported yet) and gallery slider (now works with quickpick)
- Start at boot now works as it should be.
- QuickGlance now works propperly!!
- Now you can answer calls without root, just put your phone in your ear.
- Fixed more force close errors.
- Shake to reject added but dissabled because it needs a permission that shows up as "Service that cost you money" and users dont like this kind of permissions and i dont like them too.
- Fixed a Force Close when unlocking screen with waves after showing quickglance
- Adjusted QuickGlance so it should not show lockscreen.
- You can now adjust Shake sensitiviy in Test Sensors screen
- Other code fixes.
- Slides will not open any app in background when lockscreen is shown
- Deleted Hanging up phone calls with Hover Hold, just to answer (root)
- Shake your phone to switch speakerphone on/off
- Hovering Control will not react to events while in a camera app.
- Hover Hold autoshot desactivated until new updates.
- lots of features.
- Alternative detector is now available for use, just choose it in setting screen.
- Setting screen is now on with only one setting xD more to come.
- You can now select your launcher as an app to open (usefull for fast home button) not available with carousel.
- You can now select Previous app (not for carousel) this will open your previous oppened app, if not available will open second, if not, nothing happens.
-Changed UI to be easier to understand.
-A spinner with your carrousel apps is now shown in the main screen.
-Added compatibility with 2.2 and up!
- In Test Sensor section added new option to change the type of the detector, activate it if the app is not detecting you propperly. Only available in test sensor section, not available for use yet.
-Added "test sensor" options in menu, this way you can check your hand slides and find they way it works for your sensor.
- Music controls sometimes fails to work..musc player can became a little crazy.
- Nexus 7 has no proximity sensor...app not working.
My Google Play apps:
Hovering Controls in Google Play:
PD: If i get a new icon i will update it, i think i messed it up with the psd xD