FLStudio thread!

Search This thread

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Hey all!

I'd like this to be a place where we can share our soundclouds and .flp (Fruityloops) projects, discuss music, and share tips about how we can potentially improve our music. :)

I'll start!

https://soundcloud.com/mbq-1

If you guys would like the flp of my latest couple songs, Id have no problem sharing them. :highfive:

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Awesome idea for a thread. I've used FL on PC a lot before now but not had much of a play on my tablet. I keep meaning to sit down and spend some time on it.

When I do.... I'll be back.

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Awesome idea for a thread. I've used FL on PC a lot before now but not had much of a play on my tablet. I keep meaning to sit down and spend some time on it.

When I do.... I'll be back.

Awesome! :D

I haven't had the chance to use it on a tablet. It would feel almost awkward to, hahah. Plus performance would be super hindered

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Awesome! :D

I haven't had the chance to use it on a tablet. It would feel almost awkward to, hahah. Plus performance would be super hindered

Obviously it depends on the tablet, but I've got it on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (first version) and it runs perfectly. I imagine it would labour a bit if I had lots of tracks and realtime effects running, but it played all the demo tracks without any lag or stutter. Obviously if it did get slow then I'd just have to render every time I wanted to hear it in full without lag.

I reckon it would run on most up-to-date tablets with no problem at all. A nexus 7, for example, should have no problem.

Are you using it on your phone then, or just on PC?

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Obviously it depends on the tablet, but I've got it on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (first version) and it runs perfectly. I imagine it would labour a bit if I had lots of tracks and realtime effects running, but it played all the demo tracks without any lag or stutter. Obviously if it did get slow then I'd just have to render every time I wanted to hear it in full without lag.

I reckon it would run on most up-to-date tablets with no problem at all. A nexus 7, for example, should have no problem.

Are you using it on your phone then, or just on PC?

Just PC. Muuch easier. I do own an N7 though. Might have to try it out

You listened to any music on my soundcloud yet? I would very much appreciate anything you'd say on it. :)

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Just PC. Muuch easier. I do own an N7 though. Might have to try it out

You listened to any music on my soundcloud yet? I would very much appreciate anything you'd say on it. :)

I'm not at a PC with speakers - I'll certainly have a listen later and let you know though.

Is it all done with FL?

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Yes. All done with FL.

If you want the .flp, let me know

Will do - thanks.

I don't think I've ever used FL to make a complete tune before now. I use Acid by Sony to layer loops and samples, but I make bass lines and some synth parts in FL.

Here's my soundcloud, which does include FL work, but lots of other stuff too...

https://soundcloud.com/the-richter-contingent

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
@Archer ill return the favor and follow you!

All the music I make, from drumbeats to the rhythm, and the synth is all done by me. From my head to the keyboard. No loops, ever. :)

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
@Archer ill return the favor and follow you!

All the music I make, from drumbeats to the rhythm, and the synth is all done by me. From my head to the keyboard. No loops, ever. :)

When I use loops they're all my own stuff. I work primarily loops based but make them using synth, guitar or FL. I did start off using loops I'd downloaded when I was learning to use Acid, but quickly started recording my own.