XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New update 357MB OTA

Tip us?

Mudavo
Old
Thanks Meter 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSmoove View Post
The update is ok, but one thing I notice after rooting and putting on TWRP then installing Hotspot mod it throws my phone into bootloops on the Sprint splash screen. I had to reflash my phone back to MDL for now.
Thats because the Hotspot mod is only for MDC or MDL for now. Crawrj hasn't released a MF9 version YET.

lballer69
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSmoove View Post
The update is ok, but one thing I notice after rooting and putting on TWRP then installing Hotspot mod it throws my phone into bootloops on the Sprint splash screen. I had to reflash my phone back to MDL for now.
You have to wait until its updated to mf9

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Stealyourface
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
The issue is NOT fixed all hey did was make the settings panel dark Grey now. Still smears. Won't ever change unless Samsung adjusts the black level to not be pixels turned off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Seems that this is no different than what the international s4 has had for a couple weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
It is an improvement. It's a lot better than what it used to be. And even harder to recognize now because of the fact it's dark grey. I'd take smearing over them adjusting the black levels any day. Yes, that's all this mf9 update is. But it's great to have it so soon.

angst911
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPayne123 View Post
It means that if you install something that trips the "Secure Boot Status" then the device will in turn lock the boot loader and modem firmware into place which will not allow us to update the modem or boot loader which isn't a big deal because that means less hard bricks due to bootloaders and modems being borked.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
So if you trip the secure boot piece you are stuck on whatever modem you were on? No way to change it from there on? Or is there some way to unlock the nand to allow you to still flash a new modem?
Sprint Galaxy S4

shabbypenguin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,952

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr pnut View Post
Well the good thing on this update we can move apps to sd and they added a new smart pause toggle,

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
dont worry im sure it will be updated soon enough
If you feel as though my work is worth something, you can alwaysDonate

dscott5683
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Though it worked for me; still proceed with caution...

I just finished the update; and everything worked out fine. Though at the very end I got a little nervous cause it acted like it was going to fail, then it went through two reboots. The first reboot updated my Android Apps; and I thought it was done, then it rebooted again to complete the final setup. After that all was well, I checked the system for any other updates and everything was up to date, and running smoothly... Though it worked out for me; I would very much say proceed with caution, or just wait for the OTA. Either way, good luck...

Here is the link for the file if you don't want to wait though, I found it over at Android Central:

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...SB_user_RP.zip

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post2906901

KnoxDevThrow
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hello all, i'd like to answer some of your questions if possible. I've been working with Knox as a QA resource with a 3rd party testing a implementation of Knox and i'd like to answer a few points that have been brought up.
  1. Activating Knox (knoxifying) a device locks the bootloader and activates the Knox Agent. The Knox agent will consistently force close and attempt to unsinstall any SU style application. The bootloader in Odin mode scans bootloader, PDA, Modem, CSC files for a unique Knox Samsung certificate.
  2. After activating Knox you will see that the Secure Boot Mode changes to 'Enforcing'
  3. There is no known way to reverse it back into a Permissive state and remove the Knox agent. Conversations with Samsung have proved less then useful on this subject however i've heard rumor they are coming up with a way to reverse it.
  4. Knox cannot be activated soley on its own.
  5. MDM vendors will still have full control of device even when Knox is activated. Knox is not meant to Sandbox a devices MDM vendor. It is meant to sandbox secure corp data, MDM vendors will more then likely still have samples and controls of device.

I had previously made a thread on reddit.com/r/android which I answered a lot of questions there as well however I cannot link to it due to using a throwaway account.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KnoxDevThrow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amieldl143
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Yeah forced my update... everything looks good. No more smering on scrolling... camera better. Keyboard responds faster than before....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxDevThrow View Post
Hello all, i'd like to answer some of your questions if possible. I've been working with Knox as a QA resource with a 3rd party testing a implementation of Knox and i'd like to answer a few points that have been brought up.
  1. Activating Knox (knoxifying) a device locks the bootloader and activates the Knox Agent. The Knox agent will consistently force close and attempt to unsinstall any SU style application. The bootloader in Odin mode scans bootloader, PDA, Modem, CSC files for a unique Knox Samsung certificate.
  2. After activating Knox you will see that the Secure Boot Mode changes to 'Enforcing'
  3. There is no known way to reverse it back into a Permissive state and remove the Knox agent. Conversations with Samsung have proved less then useful on this subject however i've heard rumor they are coming up with a way to reverse it.
  5. MDM vendors will still have full control of device even when Knox is activated. Knox is not meant to Sandbox a devices MDM vendor. It is meant to sandbox secure corp data, MDM vendors will more then likely still have samples and controls of device.

I had previously made a thread on reddit.com/r/android which I answered a lot of questions there as well however I cannot link to it due to using a throwaway account.
So even Odin'ing back to, say, MDC won't change the Knox status once it's been activated?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

xuser
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxDevThrow View Post

I think I'm gonna wait till the dust settles on this update.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint) T-Mobile
ROM: Google Play Edition (4.4.4)
Kernel: Stock (4.4.4)
Asus Transformer TF101
ROM: KatKiss #33 (4.4.4)
Kernel: KatKernel #118
Dell Venue 8 Pro
Samsung Gear Fit