FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

New update 357MB OTA

181 posts
Thanks Meter: 25
 
By jonathanhtc, Senior Member on 8th July 2013, 10:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th July 2013, 06:00 PM |#51  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
The OTA update can also be downloaded directly from Google:

EDIT:
I cannot post links yet and the XDA forum keeps putting a space in the address below, so I wrapped the address in code tags now.

Code:
android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l720/bfeb51f4befc9f910dff1c6070f2d387aaac37de.update_SPH-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip
Last edited by m3a0s; 8th July 2013 at 06:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to m3a0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
8th July 2013, 06:02 PM |#52  
stereo386's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Wont let me dl from file dropper


Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to stereo386 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2013, 06:07 PM |#53  
EPayne123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
Stereo, because the file you are truing to DL is 0 Kb according to filedropper. Something seems a little off due to FD claiming a 0 Kb file along with the OTA link 404ing also.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
8th July 2013, 06:07 PM |#54  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
MY F#$@#$ing luck. I just got this S4 from sprint this morning. Already been reading root threads, rom threads, bootloader etc. Now when I start it up to activate the damn thing downloads and reboots like 5 times. Should I hold off on any rooting to allow the proper smart folks to look through? If I use a (now older) rooting method it is possible to brick eh? Or am I just freaking out?

Please advise...
8th July 2013, 06:10 PM |#55  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
use the google link from this post if the one I uploaded is not working.... or better yet just use this one b/c it comes from google's servers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=51
8th July 2013, 06:11 PM |#56  
krazy_smokezalot's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 1,167
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0zAc311

MY F#$@#$ing luck. I just got this S4 from sprint this morning. Already been reading root threads, rom threads, bootloader etc. Now when I start it up to activate the damn thing downloads and reboots like 5 times. Should I hold off on any rooting to allow the proper smart folks to look through? If I use a (now older) rooting method it is possible to brick eh? Or am I just freaking out?

Please advise...

i know when i get mines in the mail today i wont activate it as of yet but root first than wait and see if Shabby has found anything!!!

EDit: if anything you should be able to odin back to MDL with the proper files, and then root! I dont see why it wont work as you dont need SU accesss to use odin!
Last edited by krazy_smokezalot; 8th July 2013 at 06:17 PM.
8th July 2013, 06:13 PM |#57  
EPayne123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by balistic2

use the google link from this post if the one I uploaded is not working.... or better yet just use this one b/c it comes from google's servers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=51

It wont download due to the fact that the link shows us as attempting to download a 0 Kb file. click on the link and scroll to the bottom of the page and see for yourself. We are going to need a good mirror if we really have the file.-
8th July 2013, 06:15 PM |#58  
shabbypenguin's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,347
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_smokezalot

i know when i get mines in the mail today i wont activate it as of yet but root first than wait and see if Shabby has found anything!!!

noobnl will figure everything out far before me, i hit a snag. didnt have stock odex like i thought i did so i got a 50 min download :P
The Following User Says Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2013, 06:15 PM |#59  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPayne123

It wont download due to the fact that the link shows us as attempting to download a 0 Kb file. click on the link and scroll to the bottom of the page and see for yourself. We are going to need a good mirror if we really have the file.-

this?

android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l720/bfeb51f4befc9f910dff1c6070f2d387aaac37de.update_SP H-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to balistic2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2013, 06:17 PM |#60  
EPayne123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbypenguin

noobnl will figure everything out far before me, i hit a snag. didnt have stock odex like i thought i did so i got a 50 min download :P

How are downloading at all? What link have you used? Unsure due to both should be completely down for everyone is OTA folder for Google is giving a 404 alongside FileDropper giving us a 0 Kb file. Just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Never mind, was typing this before I was able to see post above this one. This link above me is the ONLY one that has worked for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EPayne123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2013, 06:17 PM |#61  
shabbypenguin's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,347
 
Donate to Me
More
he is a new member, his link was broken on purpose guys since xda rules prevent him from posting links

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...SB_user_RP.zip

:P

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes