Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New update 357MB OTA

Tip us?

m3a0s
Old
(Last edited by m3a0s; 8th July 2013 at 06:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
The OTA update can also be downloaded directly from Google:

EDIT:
I cannot post links yet and the XDA forum keeps putting a space in the address below, so I wrapped the address in code tags now.

Code:
android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l720/bfeb51f4befc9f910dff1c6070f2d387aaac37de.update_SPH-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to m3a0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stereo386
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Wont let me dl from file dropper

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to stereo386 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EPayne123
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Stereo, because the file you are truing to DL is 0 Kb according to filedropper. Something seems a little off due to FD claiming a 0 Kb file along with the OTA link 404ing also.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Current Devices:
LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4
HTC One

Previous Owned Devices:
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S3
HTC EVO 4G LTE
LG Esteem
Samsung Admire
iPhone 4
HTC Droid Incredible

Pr0zAc311
Old
Thanks Meter 1
MY F#$@#$ing luck. I just got this S4 from sprint this morning. Already been reading root threads, rom threads, bootloader etc. Now when I start it up to activate the damn thing downloads and reboots like 5 times. Should I hold off on any rooting to allow the proper smart folks to look through? If I use a (now older) rooting method it is possible to brick eh? Or am I just freaking out?

Please advise...

balistic2
Old
Thanks Meter 32
use the google link from this post if the one I uploaded is not working.... or better yet just use this one b/c it comes from google's servers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=51

krazy_smokezalot
Old
(Last edited by krazy_smokezalot; 8th July 2013 at 06:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0zAc311 View Post
MY F#$@#$ing luck. I just got this S4 from sprint this morning. Already been reading root threads, rom threads, bootloader etc. Now when I start it up to activate the damn thing downloads and reboots like 5 times. Should I hold off on any rooting to allow the proper smart folks to look through? If I use a (now older) rooting method it is possible to brick eh? Or am I just freaking out?

Please advise...
i know when i get mines in the mail today i wont activate it as of yet but root first than wait and see if Shabby has found anything!!!

EDit: if anything you should be able to odin back to MDL with the proper files, and then root! I dont see why it wont work as you dont need SU accesss to use odin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1313SAM
Please don't encourage dirty flashing. Dirty flashing is like unprotected sex. Yes it may feel better and take less work, but who knows what may happens later. Even though sometimes you still get surprises when you do things right. At least you know you took precautions and where to look for problems

EPayne123
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by balistic2 View Post
use the google link from this post if the one I uploaded is not working.... or better yet just use this one b/c it comes from google's servers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=51
It wont download due to the fact that the link shows us as attempting to download a 0 Kb file. click on the link and scroll to the bottom of the page and see for yourself. We are going to need a good mirror if we really have the file.-
Current Devices:
LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4
HTC One

Previous Owned Devices:
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S3
HTC EVO 4G LTE
LG Esteem
Samsung Admire
iPhone 4
HTC Droid Incredible

shabbypenguin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4753

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_smokezalot View Post
i know when i get mines in the mail today i wont activate it as of yet but root first than wait and see if Shabby has found anything!!!
noobnl will figure everything out far before me, i hit a snag. didnt have stock odex like i thought i did so i got a 50 min download :P
If you feel as though my work is worth something, you can alwaysDonate
The Following User Says Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

balistic2
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPayne123 View Post
It wont download due to the fact that the link shows us as attempting to download a 0 Kb file. click on the link and scroll to the bottom of the page and see for yourself. We are going to need a good mirror if we really have the file.-
this?

android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l720/bfeb51f4befc9f910dff1c6070f2d387aaac37de.update_SP H-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to balistic2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EPayne123
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbypenguin View Post
noobnl will figure everything out far before me, i hit a snag. didnt have stock odex like i thought i did so i got a 50 min download :P
How are downloading at all? What link have you used? Unsure due to both should be completely down for everyone is OTA folder for Google is giving a 404 alongside FileDropper giving us a 0 Kb file. Just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Never mind, was typing this before I was able to see post above this one. This link above me is the ONLY one that has worked for me.
Current Devices:
LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4
HTC One

Previous Owned Devices:
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S3
HTC EVO 4G LTE
LG Esteem
Samsung Admire
iPhone 4
HTC Droid Incredible

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EPayne123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]