XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM on LG p769 rooted JB

Tip us?

sf3500
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CWM on LG p769 rooted JB

I keep getting these messages when I try to use Rom Manager. Screenshots provided. I need to know how to get ROM manager to work on my phone so I can boot into recovery and flash backup roms and stuff. How do I install a clockworkmod based recovery manually? Does my bootloader need to be unlocked is there an easier method to unlock bootloaders for lg l9 p769? [ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-08-08-57-29.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	2101576[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-08-04-13-08.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2101575  

BioDesigner48
Old
Thanks Meter 33
You can't get CWM recovery with ROM manager,
Use this---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095825

It's made for our phones

sent from my locked rooted P769 v20D
I'm on YouTube (BioDesigner48)
The Following User Says Thank You to BioDesigner48 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sf3500
Old
(Last edited by sf3500; 11th July 2013 at 08:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioDesigner48 View Post
You can't get CWM recovery with ROM manager,
Use this---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095825

It's made for our phones

sent from my locked rooted P769 v20D
I'm on YouTube (BioDesigner48)
Didn't work for my rooted P76920d

I'm guessing I have to flash a .kdz that has recovery already on it?

You never really specify which correct busybox you have to have installed anyway, I think that may be it. What busybox do I install? Smart or nonsmart?

carloswii5
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf3500 View Post
Didn't work for my rooted P76920d

I'm guessing I have to flash a .kdz that has recovery already on it?

You never really specify which correct busybox you have to have installed anyway, I think that may be it. What busybox do I install? Smart or nonsmart?
Honestly you shouldn't even have ROM manager unless you have an unlocked boot loader and its useless for our phones also if you want to install a recovery without unlocked boot loader try artas bootstrap and if you have unlocked flash the cwm or twrp image

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing -Socrates
Cuurrent Device = Optimus F3 (Rooted)
Hey Click That Thanks Button If You Feel I Helped You Out I Would Really Apreciate It
Also If You Need Some Assistance Just Send Me An Email At true.unreal@gmail.com And Ill Try To Help You As Soon As Possible
The Following User Says Thank You to carloswii5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sf3500
Old
(Last edited by sf3500; 11th July 2013 at 11:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloswii5 View Post
Honestly you shouldn't even have ROM manager unless you have an unlocked boot loader and its useless for our phones also if you want to install a recovery without unlocked boot loader try artas bootstrap and if you have unlocked flash the cwm or twrp image

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing -Socrates
I stopped using ROM manager, it was always useful for other phones but not this one.

At first I installed artas recovery. It didn't work, no flashing LED. Then I installed a different busybox. Now I get LEDs but when I press volume down button it stays stuck in the LG logo and I have to reboot. So I still don't have recovery with artas after switching busyboxes but LEDs flash so that's a start.

I'm just going to try to unlock the bootloader, I need recovery to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was using 1.3 version so I deleted the sys files and upgraded to 1.5. fixed, thanks.