As a note before starting this, is my first device that's a Nokia, I'm taking this as a shot completely in the dark.
I haven't had any experience with Navifirm nor any of the Nokia utilities used in the past to flash either Symbian or WP7 devices, but I'm quickly learning.
http://www.seidea.com/2013/08/10/how...ia-care-suite/ (the edited usergroupsconfiguration.cfg file)
http://www.seidea.com/2013/07/14/nok...0-2013-27-1-3/ (the latest version of the Nokia Care Suite - 5.0 2013.27.1.3)
The USB drivers need to be installed first. The WinUSB drivers that were included are the only drivers that seem to apply to this device, but I went ahead and installed all the drivers in D:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers
Driver Level Stuff
There are still a few devices shown without a driver. Here's the list
USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&REV_0100&MI_03 + USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&MI_03 USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&REV_0100&MI_06 + USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&MI_06 USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&REV_0100&MI_02 + USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&MI_02 USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&REV_0100&MI_01 + USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&MI_01 USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&REV_0100&MI_00 + USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&MI_00
Using my google-fu gave no results either.I could use some help in this department.
The following two are listed as Nokia USB Connectivity (which pst uses to run diagnostics)
USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&REV_0100&MI_04 + USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&MI_04 USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&REV_0100&MI_05 + USB\VID_0421&PID_0660&MI_05
EDIT: found what the following devices functions are
[Mi_4] uses a generic remote control protocol used by NCS (All the data shown in NCS is retrieved using JSONRPC). Contains functions like WriteNvData, WriteEfsFile, ReadManufacturerModelName, SetDeviceMode etc. Commands are in json form.
There is an old post with example of command: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...88&postcount=8
Same protocol is supported in MainOS device mode. Some of operations have different names, but in general it is the same.
The following process is the diagnostics TEST mode. It mostly relates to various hardware tests, like color pallets and tone generators.
So far, I have installed it on Win8Pro and started the Product Support Tool For Store. I then switched the product mode from Normal to Test and reboots into something that looks like a bootloader menu.
Since the text is blurry, It says:
When it has reconnected in the phone information tab, this is shown.
Software Version (Test) RM860 1232.5957.9200.10211 181341 2013/02/28 //alpha_engine/ENO_LASER_F3 Software Version (Normal) 1532.5957.1318.3021 Product Code 059R224 Software Status Up-to-date NCSd Version (Normal) 1.24 Module Code 0205229 Basic Product Code 059N5M4 PSN Number CGQ790279 Hardware Version 1000 Bluetooth Id ************ Public Id **************************************** Wlan Mac Address ************ ************ ************ ************ Label App Version (Test) Security LabelSW 22.214.171.124964 Hardware info =========== MAIN ASIC Main Asic Version 4.1 POWER ASIC Pmic Model 1 Pmic Number 0 Pmic Revision 4 NFC Firmware Version 1.26 Hardware Version 0.3 Model Id 0.1 DISPLAY Manufacturer 0xFE Display Type 0x90 Display Consecutive Number 0xBC Display Horizontal Resolution In Pixels 768 Display Vertical Resolution In Pixels 1280 MAIN CAMERA Model Id 18497 Revision 0.2 Serial Number 0A0101AE00000000 Manufacture Id 16 Sensor Id 10484100 FRONT CAMERA Model Id 27184 Revision 3.0 Serial Number 0115323500000000 Manufacture Id 10 Sensor Id 0A6A3003 CAMERA FLASH Hardware Design 18 Hardware Version 4 Flash Info 1 46 Flash Info 2 17 ACCELEROMETER Manufacturer KIONIX Model KXTNK-1000 ALS Manufacturer AVAGO Model QPDS-T900 PROXIMITY Manufacturer AVAGO Model QPDS-T900
When in this mode, the following options may be performed in NCS.
- Self Test:
Test audio components, the accelerometer (gives positioning), gyroscope (same), the magnometer(gives positioning as well), the proximity sensor (pass/fail for if it works or not), nfc and its antenna, wlan, bt interface, temperatures (in Celsius) for Bluetooth, pa and osc (whatever those parts are), the display interface, the touch interface, camera interface and ois (idk what these are besides odd x,y values) and miscellaneous flash tests (which include a xenon charging time and its lifetime counter.
- Touch Display Test:
Gives x and y coordinates for a single touch point.
- Display Test:
Displays a white pattern, a black pattern, a checkerboard pattern, and different rgb shades with black.
- Vibra Test:
Vibrates the phone based on percentage.
- SIM Test:
Checks if a SIM card has been inserted. (fails with Verizon shipped sim EDIT: Now succeeds since PST update) It also is supposed to perform something else, but can't validate.
- Mic Test:
Records and plays audio back through various inputs and outputs.
- Accelerometer Test:
Gives "gravity" data in x,y,z format.
- Audio Output Test:
Plays four tones through various outputs at three different volumes.
Another interesting thing: When powering off the phone and turning it back on, Windows attempts to find drivers for "Nokia BOOTMGR", but it occurs too quickly to install.
Can someone with experience with Nokia other phones contribute assistance? It seems like I'm just meddling with NCS and I could possibly brick my main phone. (I was told to only install the ffu it was designed for.)
Flashing ffus from the same device, but using a different product code
I haven't been around to know enough, and its unknown if the Lumia 928 will be launched on any different carrier or in a different country.
Anyways I'll quote snickler's post to summarize.
I've spent the past 4 days looking for a solution to get the Amber Update on my AT&T Branded Lumia 920 without installing a European ROM and changing to RM-821. After searching endlessly, I've found my solution that works!
* Nokia WP8 Drivers
* Nokia Care Suite 2013.13.4.4
* WperHelper v1.2 Note: This is in Chinese. I don't know Chinese AT ALL, but I've been able to figure my way around the app
* Rogers Pre-Poritco ROM. Download the last group of files for Roger, not the AT&T ones.
* DONT PLUG IN YOUR PHONE YET TO THE COMPUTER.
* Extract/Install Nokia Care Suite. Open Care Suite when it's done installing and just put it to the side
* Install WperHelper. It's all in chinese, but the buttons should be easy to navigate through
* Download the last group of files for the pre-portico ROM if you haven't done so already.
* Go to the Run menu on your system and go to "C:\programdata\nokia\Packages\Products". Create a new folder named "RM-820". If you already have files in here from a previous ROM installation, move them somewhere else. The group of files you downloaded for the Pre-Portico ROM will need to be moved inside of this folder.
* Rename the pre-portico files removing the checksum from beginning of the file name.
Here's what you should have as files
- * RM820_1232.2109.1242.1002_RETAIL_nam_canada_200_02 _100347_prd_signed.ffu
* CustomerNvi_31019d17537fb461136cdf3481825681_12421 _100343_8410.nvi
* RM820_059R2L8_1232.2109.1242.1002_039_signature.bi n
* When the Sign in popup comes on the screen. click Work offline.
Click File -> Open Product and type in RM-820 in the filter then press Open
* At the bottom left panel, click on Programming -> Recovery.
* In the Properties listing, you should see 059R2L8 RM-820_Rogers_Canada_VAR240202_V2_Yellow 1232.2109.1242.1002
* Click on that line that shows the data that I listed above then click the Start button.
* Plug in your phone to the USB now, hold the Vol-Down + Power buttons until the phone restarts and you hear a vibration.
* When you hear the vibration, press Retry.
* You should see a little menu saying that the Product Code doesn't match, press Okay to continue.
* Let it flash.
* After the phone has flashed, set it up, but don't login to your Microsoft account yet (It's pointless at this point). Configure Wi-Fi though.
* Go to Settings -> Phone update and check for updates. The first round of updates will put you on to Portico.
* After these updates go through (It will take forever for it to finish Preparing to Install), you'll have to check for updates two more times in order to install Nokia Updates.
* After these two extra updates, your phone will be up to date.
* Now comes the fun part. Open up the WperHelper that you installed earlier.
* On the Top group of text links(The bigger text), chose the second one from the left. It should bring up a screen with 4 drop downs.
* From left to right, choose the following as values: Nokia, Lumia 920, RM-820, 3047.0000.1326.2001.
* Click on the 059R2L5 button that is located under the first dropdown. At the bottom right part of the screen, you'll see a download icon (downward facing arrow with a line underneath of it). Click it.
* This will start to download the ROM. When complete, Click on the Top group of text links, click on the third one then click on the second smaller text link underneath of it.
* You should see bbs.wper.com_059R2L5.7z. Click on it then click the lightning bolt on the bottom left corner. This will extract the FFU package.
* After it's complete, you'll see a new screen with a picture of a Windows phone and a bunch of Chinese text (I wish I had a translation). At this point you'll want to click the button that is listed directly under ( Step ).
* This will automatically begin the ROM updating process. You'll be able to see a little log running at the bottom of the screen on whether the Flashing is working or not.
* The place where the Windows Phone is showing will display the actual progress of flashing as it appears on your phone. You should be seeing the red screen with the progress bar on your windows phone by now. If this happens for you, then you're on your way to having the Amber Update.
A few things to note
After fully flashed, it'll bring you back to the typical phone set up screen. After you get to the main homescreen, wait a minute or so because it will require a reboot. After you bring the phone back up, go to Settings -> Access Point and choose AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia. This will set up the MMS and Data settings correctly.
Photos/Screenshots will be posted later.
Thanks for reading the long post!