Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Software Update for Verizon GS4

Tip us?

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaloca View Post
lol, so did I, I was wondering where in your computer or phone you got the un-encrypted copy from.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.. was in %temp% ... just watched as file size grew, then after it said decrypting, it said decompressing and a new ZIP file was created in the temp folder.. while Kies said it was decompressing, I copied the ZIP file out of the temp folder.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Upload complete...

https://mega.co.nz/#!MUAFFJpC!JmndVB...FjUNFN9oqZ7NAI

This should be flashable via ODIN, after unzipping.
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ktklein72
Old
Thanks Meter 16
After taking the update via USB connection (nothing was available OTA for me) the Android Assistant app I use is still stating I cannot move apps to SD.

vacaloca
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.. was in %temp% ... just watched as file size grew, then after it said decrypting, it said decompressing and a new ZIP file was created in the temp folder.. while Kies said it was decompressing, I copied the ZIP file out of the temp folder.
I see. I'm using the VZW upgrade assistant and don't really want the update to hit on my phone (since it's rooted) so I'll just download your copy since all I ended up was with the .zip.enc2 one.

ktklein72
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktklein72 View Post
After taking the update via USB connection (nothing was available OTA for me) the Android Assistant app I use is still stating I cannot move apps to SD.
UPDATE: However if I go to Manage Apps, I do see the option to move apps to SD. Maybe my Android Assistant app needs to be updated itself...

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaloca View Post
I see. I'm using the VZW upgrade assistant and don't really want the update to hit on my phone (since it's rooted) so I'll just download your copy since all I ended up was with the .zip.enc2 one.
Cool. I never tried the VZW upgrade assistant.

My S4 is stock, not rooted, as its a "work" device.

Soldi3rxx
Old
Thanks Meter 106
changelog anyone? see any difference
~Android~

MyTouch 3G
Samsung Vibrant, LG G2X, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid X2, LG Revolution 4G, (Att/VZW) Samsung Galaxy S3, CDMA Galaxy Nexus, HTC Amaze 4G, MyTouch by LG, HTC Rezound, LG Spectrum, Samsung Galaxy Note II, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 (Skyrocket), Samsung Galaxy S4

~PhoNe JunKie~

Ryno77
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Has anyone tried to Odin back to mdk?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

shuddle13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Screenshot of my update from last night

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tada10
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Stick rooted here. Do I need to wait for a rooted version?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

mademan420
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tada10 View Post
Stick rooted here. Do I need to wait for a rooted version?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
More than likely as it will probably fail during the install especially if you have a custom recovery installed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I don't mind people pushing my buttons.....especially when they're saying "THANKS"

HTC One m8 - Current, Galaxy Note 3 - Retired, LG G2 - Retired, Moto X Dev Ed - Retired, HTC One m7 - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4 - Retired, HTC DNA - Retired, Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Backup Phone, HTC Rezound - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate - Retired, All iPhone models - Retired