5,595,067 Members 40,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KeyVPN?

Tip us?
 
Swinkid
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default [Q] KeyVPN?

Hey,

Changed my CID to HTC__Y13 to get the latest update and changed back to HTC__001, Was wondering, since that latest build something called KeyVPN got installed. It's not possible to remove it, is there any other methods apart from rooting to get rid of the application?

Would this app be included in the UK release (Because I was just thinking to wait till the UK one was out, flash my RUU back to stock and update to the UK firmware.)

Thanks
Alex
Sony Xperia Arc => iPhone 4 => iPhone 4S => iPhone 5 => HTC One

HTC One
- S-OFF
- Unlocked
- Debranded
 
iElvis
Old
#2  
iElvis's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1715
Posts: 3,494
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Modville
You can only remove system apps with root access.

Remove it if you want, but I don't think it's really anything to worry about.

https://www.mocana.com/for-device-manufacturers/keyvpn/
________________
Current
HTC One (Android Revolution HD 53.0, ElementalX 14.0, 4.19.401.11 firmware, superCID, s-off, XSBM)
Nexus 7 (stock/rooted)
Dynavin D99+ (///M3Evolution)

Retired
HTC One XL
iPhone 4
iPhone 3G

Generic Noob Advice
The name of this site is xda-developers, not xda-overly-entitled-users. Ponder this well.
Your best friend is the Search button.
Do you want to root and mod your phone? Click here.
Asking for the "best rom" at xda is like asking for the "best BBQ" in Texas.
A nandroid is like a fire extinguisher: You may never need it, but when you do, it's a life-saver.

Custom HTC One Bootsplashes and Animations
My designs + requests: Splashes | Animations

 
goldcd
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinkid View Post
Would this app be included in the UK release (Because I was just thinking to wait till the UK one was out, flash my RUU back to stock and update to the UK firmware.)
Got the UK version today, and it comes with it (was googling to see wtf and found your post).
 
Swinkid
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iElvis View Post
You can only remove system apps with root access.

Remove it if you want, but I don't think it's really anything to worry about.

https://www.mocana.com/for-device-manufacturers/keyvpn/
Just hid and disabled the app

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcd View Post
Got the UK version today, and it comes with it (was googling to see wtf and found your post).
Thanks!
Sony Xperia Arc => iPhone 4 => iPhone 4S => iPhone 5 => HTC One

HTC One
- S-OFF
- Unlocked
- Debranded
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes