[LINK][ODIN][TAR][VZW] SCH-I545 VRUAME7 Factory Image

OP joderme

9th July 2013, 07:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257

381 posts
Donate to Me
VRUAME7 is impervious to previous bootloader bypass methods. Proceed at your own discretion.

I have not yet delved into the files to see exactly what is included here over MDK. A few users have reported Apps2SD being included and a change in phone status that now displays a "Secure Boot Status Field" in addition to the SELinux Status field.

Flash this file in ODIN (under the PDA section) while your phone is in download mode to restore or upgrade to ME7. This will wipe your phone.

Linky: http://invisiblek.org/sch-i545/SCH-I...3crny1_fac.zip
MD5: 622956872fa0083188beab3a78a21b1c

Special thanks to invisiblek for the space to host this!
Last edited by joderme; 15th August 2013 at 11:54 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to joderme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2013, 07:15 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257

381 posts
Donate to Me
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to joderme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2013, 07:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 302

980 posts
We need a guinea pig to flash this then to try flash back to the old build to see if it's possible for those that want to root. Apparently this new build blocks flashing the pre-release kernel which will kill our ability to root (at this time ). I'd like to get the radios yanked out of the new build so that we can see if they're any better than what's in the old builds.
9th July 2013, 07:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 267

938 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanexvi

We need a guinea pig to flash this then to try flash back to the old build to see if it's possible for those that want to root. Apparently this new build blocks flashing the pre-release kernel which will kill our ability to root (at this time ). I'd like to get the radios yanked out of the new build so that we can see if they're any better than what's in the old builds.

Already been tested by openyoureyes and you cannot flash back via Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium
9th July 2013, 07:26 PM   |  #5  

980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno77

Already been tested by openyoureyes and you cannot flash back via Odin.

Awesome. Thanks for the info... now to just get the shiny bits pulled Anyone tried to use OTA rootkeeper to retain root through the update?
9th July 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 135

395 posts
More
Quote:

Awesome. Thanks for the info... now to just get the shiny bits pulled Anyone tried to use OTA rootkeeper to retain root through the update?

This is not an OTA. You have to use Verizon's software updater on your computer to get the update. And it's been reported that root keeper apps aren't working.
9th July 2013, 07:40 PM   |  #7  

980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 318sugarhill

This is not an OTA. You have to use Verizon's software updater on your computer to get the update. And it's been reported that root keeper apps aren't working.

OTA rootkeeper is the name of the app. I'm aware that this isn't an OTA (yet). The application creates a backup copy of your SU so that you can restore it post-update (regardless of update method). It's a method that's been being used on Motorola phones for the better part of 2 years now to retain root through updates. It is file system dependent though and I'm not sure it's supported on samsung phones. Just curious if anyone had tried this particular app yet.
Last edited by arcanexvi; 9th July 2013 at 07:48 PM.
9th July 2013, 11:39 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 14

117 posts
Can we flash this file that the OP posted or only way to update is through Kids on a PC or Mac?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
10th July 2013, 12:29 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 18

62 posts
Quote:

OTA rootkeeper is the name of the app. I'm aware that this isn't an OTA (yet). The application creates a backup copy of your SU so that you can restore it post-update (regardless of update method). It's a method that's been being used on Motorola phones for the better part of 2 years now to retain root through updates. It is file system dependent though and I'm not sure it's supported on samsung phones. Just curious if anyone had tried this particular app yet.

Give it a try and report back. You seem to have a better understanding of the app than most so you would make a good candidate to try it.

10th July 2013, 12:31 AM   |  #10  

980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrazythunder

Give it a try and report back. You seem to have a better understanding of the app than most so you would make a good candidate to try it.

It's been tried in another thread this afternoon. Only 1 person AFAIK but failed. I'm not nearly stock anymore to test myself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread