Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

iNew i6000 (and other Chinese 6.45" FHD phones) - $250

Tip us?

kosturica
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eojont View Post
Hi,
actually firefly v65 Is same as inew i6000. So you can use firefly v65 Rom for our phone. There are many roms for firefly v65 You can choose what you like.
Go to www.91firefly.com , it is in chinese therefoe use google translate for english , that's it.
Hope you enjoy playing with many roms.

Sent from my Firefly V65 using Tapatalk 4
OK! Thank you!

brady56
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Thumbs up inew official website inewphones.com

this website seems are Inew official website http://inewphones.com/inew-i6000-sma...hite-p-26.html

sajjid_9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So would who would recommend this phone..?

Batfink33
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjid_9 View Post
IThe build quality is not great. After a week I have got dust in the camera lens, some of the silver paint has rubbed off from around the frame and it just feels a bit plastic i wouldnt keep it in my pocket without a case.BUT for the price the screen looks great, its fast and snappy and easily beats the Galaxy Mega which is much more expensive.

Sent from my UMI X2 using Tapatalk 4

dio62000
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjid_9 View Post
I own this phone a few days now and I'm excited. Can't say anything about durability yet, but the advantages are many:

- low priced!
- big screen
- great specs (2 GB/32 GB, quadcore 1,5 Ghz)
- dual SIM (big plus)
- it has a pen that works well (if off USB cable), you can download many note apps from Google Play (right now I'm using Antipaper Notes)
- can be rooted and flashed with CWM / SP Flash Tools (which works different than Odin btw)
- battery life with official Firefly V65 ROM is great for a phone of this size; in standby I'm sure it could last 2 days. Of course when using it it consumes a lot more battery. At normal/intensive use it lasts at least a day.
- the phone is even thinner than my Samsung Note 1
- Xposed is working on the iNew (loads of tweaks possible, which for me is a must! Tweaks like changing density per app, changing colours and notifcation panel)

Some things to consider are:

- camera has the infamous pink spot and it's even rather big. Flash isnīt working great.
- GPS isn't working out of the box, you need to install MobileUncle (free and needed for installing recovery anyway) to get it working for navigation. After that, it's working though.
- I needed to install an app (free) to had the screen automaticallyl turn off when making phone calls
- apps memory is 0,99 GB. That wasn't big enough for me, I had to partition the internal SD card to extend the 0,99 to (in my case) 3 GB.

kosturica
Old
(Last edited by kosturica; 29th August 2013 at 01:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
wrong entry.

brady56
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink33 View Post
IThe build quality is not great. After a week I have got dust in the camera lens, some of the silver paint has rubbed off from around the frame and it just feels a bit plastic i wouldnt keep it in my pocket without a case.BUT for the price the screen looks great, its fast and snappy and easily beats the Galaxy Mega which is much more expensive.

i think all chinese phone are easy to has dust in the screen.such as THL,zopo,inew,umi,jiayu and so on.the ZTE ,LENOVO ,huawei will much better

Batfink33
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by brady56 View Post
i think all chinese phone are easy to has dust in the screen.such as THL,zopo,inew,umi,jiayu and so on.the ZTE ,LENOVO ,huawei will much better
My Umi x2 has no dust after 2 months.

zaraki kenpachi
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'm not sure if i'm seeing a pattern here but to owners of the inew i6000, can you please confirm this.

When you plug in the usb cable for charging, if it is plugged in "properly", there is red led lighting up near top of the phone, the battery icon in the notification bar says it is charging and the battery reading is accurate. However, if it is plugged in "improperly", the red led doesnt light up but the battery icon on the notification bar still says it is charging. In this case, android "charges" until the meter is 100% but i think the battery is not really actually charged. When you plug it in "properly" only then will you see the correct battery level. This may account for "sudden drops" in battery charge after a supposedly 100% full charge.

The key seems to be that when charging make sure the red led is lit, else it is not really charging.

Can anyone else confirm this?

dio62000
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraki kenpachi View Post
I'm not sure if i'm seeing a pattern here but to owners of the inew i6000, can you please confirm this.

When you plug in the usb cable for charging, if it is plugged in "properly", there is red led lighting up near top of the phone, the battery icon in the notification bar says it is charging and the battery reading is accurate. However, if it is plugged in "improperly", the red led doesnt light up but the battery icon on the notification bar still says it is charging. In this case, android "charges" until the meter is 100% but i think the battery is not really actually charged. When you plug it in "properly" only then will you see the correct battery level. This may account for "sudden drops" in battery charge after a supposedly 100% full charge.

The key seems to be that when charging make sure the red led is lit, else it is not really charging.

Can anyone else confirm this?
No red light here and charging anyway